Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    https://t.co/RiBtNmWtVi?amp=1
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Pioneer..
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/MuZ7I2mAyLI6/
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

After 6.34 min..his body language is very interesting..

https://youtu.be/LdQ7L0ugZJc
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

R. James Woolsey..16th Director of Central Intelligence..after 35 min..
    https://youtu.be/_vQF4QzUX9M
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Team Giorgio here
    Tsoukalos??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

https://youtu.be/2BCJgThLZhg
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    Yes
    Anyone familiar with the Book of Enoch?

Partly implies that when aliens become reality (visible) to those who don’t believe and do believe the beginning of the end will begin. Not fully knowledgeable (haven’t finished reading yet) and haven’t decided what to think yet but it’s surely an interesting read. 
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited August 2022
    Yes
    Math says they exist. If the universe is infinite, the sheer number of Galaxies and thus stars and planets make it a certainty plus a timescale of 14 billion years. Although some of those civilisations may already be extinct as will we eventually, but we existed 

the first Hubble deep field should have ended the debate 

visited earth? Not as sure unless they are really close. Problem is in the infinity of space and even if you could move at the speed of light most galaxies are moving apart faster than the speed of light so you could never reach them unless you could create a wormhole.  Nothing can move faster than light except space itself. 

I don’t think proof is required to know they exist.  We knew black holes existed way before we ever saw one. We know dark matter and dark energy exist, even if we don’t even know exactly what it is.  You can know the existence of a lot based on not seeing it or even fully understanding it.
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes
    Math says they exist. If the universe is infinite, the sheer number of Galaxies and thus stars and planets make it a certainty plus a timescale of 14 billion years. Although some of those civilisations may already be extinct as will we eventually, but we existed 

visited earth? Not as sure unless they are really close. Problem is in the infinity of space and even if you could move at the speed of light most galaxies are moving apart faster than the speed of light so you could never reach them unless you could create a wormhole.  Nothing can move faster than light except space itself. 

I don’t think proof is required to know they exist.  We knew black holes existed way before we ever saw one. 
    or at a different stage of evolution, if that exists "there". I think it's entirely possible that there was loads of life out there at different timelines. But I guess also, we don't for sure know what "jumpstarted" life here (theories, yes), so just because the conditions were favourable, do other planets have big bearded single guys looking to start his own ant farm?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited August 2022
    Yes

I don’t think proof is required to know they exist.  We knew black holes existed way before we ever saw one. 
    or at a different stage of evolution, if that exists "there". I think it's entirely possible that there was loads of life out there at different timelines. But I guess also, we don't for sure know what "jumpstarted" life here (theories, yes), so just because the conditions were favourable, do other planets have big bearded single guys looking to start his own ant farm?
    I agree. We are where we are now, but our sun will swallow earth in several billion years. If we are still here then, we won’t be after. There are loads of galaxies much older and could have already had those cycles with their stars and no one would ever know.

We even know way more today than 7 years ago when this thread started.  

Complex organics on asteroids  water oceans under the surface on at least one of Jupiter’s moons kept warm by the gravity of Jupiter pulling on the moon etc. 

our definition of what could even be a habitable zone has vastly expanded, and that’s just for carbon based life.

the more we know the less religion matters. It’s ironic because the religious often want proof aliens exist, yet have literally none of their own. If religion was taken out of the equation it would be much tougher to deny that life exists outside of our planet.  It’s illogical to think it doesn’t/didn’t/wont again in the future. As our understanding continues to evolve would the poll results change? I tend to think not as much as it should.  Not to say it’s all based on religion but it’s one component .  Humanity’s need to feel special and unique is another. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850

I don’t think proof is required to know they exist.  We knew black holes existed way before we ever saw one. We know dark matter and dark energy exist, even if we don’t even know exactly what it is.  You can know the existence of a lot based on not seeing it or even fully understanding it.
    What did the hubble find?  I am still shocked that w all the cameras we have now that nothing has ever been recorded.
    edited August 2022
    Yes

What did the hubble find?  I am still shocked that w all the cameras we have now that nothing has ever been recorded.
    The deep field found thousands of galaxies in an empty spot in space.  Basically if you looked up through a  straw hole, that’s the tiny piece of sky we are talking about.  For the first time we could see the scale of the universe, so to me that was the equivalent of finding everything at least in a mathematical and statistical sense of probability of other life.  

The circumstantial evidence is beyond a reasonable doubt to me. We know it exists, finding it is a different thing.  

when you’ve got a picture with one or two stars and everything else in it is a galaxy it changes your perspective.  They have taken several deep fields but apparently each one contains up to 10,000 galaxies.  It’s one thing to talk about life in the Milky Way, which is fairly likely but our understanding of how big the universe is keeps getting bigger and bigger. It’s been less than 100 years from going to one galaxy in the universe to this.  That scientist was Hubble who discovered that the Milky Way wasn’t the only one 

James Webb telescope is on a whole different level. If one finds life it will be that one 

The deep field found thousands of galaxies in an empty spot in space.  Basically if you looked up through a  straw hole, that’s the tiny piece of sky we are talking about.  For the first time we could see the scale of the universe, so to me that was the equivalent of finding everything at least in a mathematical and statistical sense of probability of other life.  

The circumstantial evidence is beyond a reasonable doubt to me. We know it exists, finding it is a different thing.  

when you’ve got a picture with one or two stars and everything else in it is a galaxy it changes your perspective.  They have taken several deep fields but apparently each one contains up to 10,000 galaxies.  It’s one thing to talk about life in the Milky Way, which is fairly likely but our understanding of how big the universe is keeps getting bigger and bigger. It’s been less than 100 years from going to one galaxy in the universe to this.  That scientist was Hubble who discovered that the Milky Way wasn’t the only one 

James Webb telescope is on a whole different level. If one finds life it will be that one 
    OK yes that pic is pretty wild.  I know it.  I thought there was a smoking gun though.

Circumstantial evidence and theories are great but I want to see ET live and direct, lol.
    edited August 2022
    Yes

OK yes that pic is pretty wild.  I know it.  I thought there was a smoking gun though.

Circumstantial evidence and theories are great but I want to see ET live and direct, lol.
    It’s only a matter of time.
    It’s almost an exponential growth curve on what we have learned in 100 years.  100 years from now, who knows.  People will probably view us the same way we view astronomers 100 years ago.  They didn’t know anything 

I would be surprised if it took that long. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

All our cameras and various measuring devices so far have covered a miniscule fraction of what's out there. I heard an analogy on the weekend - it's as if we asked the question "are there fish in the ocean?" and to answer the question we took a small drinking glass, dipped it in the surface of the ocean, looked at it and said "nope, no fish in the ocean". 

I am a huge high sci-fi fan and believe that there is other life out there in some form, but I am not convinced we will ever connect with it, given the almost unimaginable distances.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited August 2022
    Yes

All our cameras and various measuring devices so far have covered a miniscule fraction of what's out there. I heard an analogy on the weekend - it's as if we asked the question "are there fish in the ocean?" and to answer the question we took a small drinking glass, dipped it in the surface of the ocean, looked at it and said "nope, no fish in the ocean". 

I am a huge high sci-fi fan and believe that there is other life out there in some form, but I am not convinced we will ever connect with it, given the almost unimaginable distances.
    We aren’t even sure it’s actually a universe but a multiverse and part of an even larger structure. Like individual bubbles of universes 

I don’t think we can prove one doesn’t exist so a lot of scientists leave it in the theoretical realm.  It’s certainly possible though 

I heard an interesting analogy the other day too. We would need to be a type 3 civilisation to do some of this stuff.  The analogy was Star Trek would be the approximation of a type 2 civilisation.  We aren’t even close to being type 1 currently 
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes
    and I was reading people on the Neil De Grasse Tyson facebook fan page talking about how they've proven the earth is flat. it's quite unreal. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    and I was reading people on the Neil De Grasse Tyson facebook fan page talking about how they've proven the earth is flat. it's quite unreal. 
    I still don’t get that if you take that theory to the logical conclusion how do you not fall off the edge? 

I wonder what earths shadow during a lunar eclipse that crosses the moon really is? If it was a flat disc we aren’t oriented correctly 

I mean I know birds aren’t real, so the motive and opportunity to deceive a population is there.  This is on a whole different level though 😂

Da fuq?  Really?

I wonder if those people have ever been on a plane long distance and watched the map and asked why the plane isn't flying in a straight line?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Or summited a coastal mountain.

And it doesn't even have to be right on the coast. On a clear day, you can see the curvature all the way from Mt. Katahdin, which is about 100 miles west of the Atlantic.

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

And it doesn't even have to be right on the coast. On a clear day, you can see the curvature all the way from Mt. Katahdin, which is about 100 miles west of the Atlantic.

One of the only things I liked about the trip home from Alaska was watching other ships far out going over the horizon.  They always looked like they were turning sideways.  You could also see the curvature of the earth from the wheelhouse.
    Yes
    dankind said:

One of the only things I liked about the trip home from Alaska was watching other ships far out going over the horizon.  They always looked like they were turning sideways.  You could also see the curvature of the earth from the wheelhouse.
    But did you ever see those ships again?