Options

"Fighting the Waves"

lobb152lobb152 Posts: 193
Correct the distortions that led me past you. They have been haunting me before I even knew. As I gather the splinters that mind has forgotten; the projections stop playing through. And there is a little insight as I’m working it through.

Reaching the dirty middle the way becomes unclear. At this impasse the demons and ghosts resurface holding onto ambivalence. Too far away to tell; the middle is murky indeed. As the cadence reaches lightning speed we can agree.

To hinder the present because of future past is not the place. Where we live together standing upon opposite banks. Surely the water is too fast; there are too many breaks. But at the end we both jump and are swept away.
I am a nothing dreaming of something unknown.
Post edited by lobb152 on

Comments

• Options
    IT237515IT237515 Posts: 30
    Hello!

I like your imaginative account of the experience of a relationship parallel with the experience of crossing the waters. The image of water and the thought of the other presence are what come out the clearest.
    Otherwise the fragment is meaning dense. I like it.
    There's a conflict somewhere between the main character and mental distortions and also between man and nature. Is the ending meaning you go with the flow or you die before the power of nature's ways?
    I'm thinking also that since the two are on opposite banks their only way to come together is to jump in the water and share at least that much closeness inspite of the final tragic outcome.
    There's also a theme of wounds, the splinters. Projections, demons and ghosts are the dark elements that describe an intense inner state of struggle with the past and a weak mind that falls pray to fears.
    I hope I did your fragment justice. I like analysing things. Maybe I did not get it well though. You tell me. :)
    IT :)
    Winston Churchill: 'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
  • Options
    lobb152lobb152 Posts: 193
    IT237515 said:
    Hello!

I like your imaginative account of the experience of a relationship parallel with the experience of crossing the waters. The image of water and the thought of the other presence are what come out the clearest.
    Otherwise the fragment is meaning dense. I like it.
    There's a conflict somewhere between the main character and mental distortions and also between man and nature. Is the ending meaning you go with the flow or you die before the power of nature's ways?
    I'm thinking also that since the two are on opposite banks their only way to come together is to jump in the water and share at least that much closeness inspite of the final tragic outcome.
    There's also a theme of wounds, the splinters. Projections, demons and ghosts are the dark elements that describe an intense inner state of struggle with the past and a weak mind that falls pray to fears.
    I hope I did your fragment justice. I like analysing things. Maybe I did not get it well though. You tell me. :)
    IT :)
    I realize this reply is 8 years late. It was written about the process of a relationship between two people who are trying/deciding on whether or not to repair the relationship. As for the ending it is ambiguous. Thank you.
    I am a nothing dreaming of something unknown.