Options

Boston Jammers... will Ed be there?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hot Stove, Cool Music is coming up on July 12th at Fenway Park...

With PJ having a couple days off (one being the 12th) what do you think the chances of Ed being there to jam with Theo are???

I believe they have the set-up for no more than 6,000...

so U better get your tix fast!

Plus it goes to many great charities from FTBNL (A foundation to be named later), Theo and his brother Paul's organization.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    not likely....i doubt ed will fly across the country just to jam with theo and friends.
  • Options
    votegirlvotegirl Posts: 95
    I doubt it...they weren't there last year. I think it would turn into something bigger than they want it to be if Ed and the boys showed up.

It'd be pretty cool though.
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    Wishful thinkin' on my part, I guess!
  • Options
    Check this shit out:

they have a shot of a Pearl Jam setlist right in the middle of the trailer- and Theo has a PJ shirt throughout:

http://www.hotstovecoolmusic.org/videos/index.html

Pause it right after Mike O'Malley comes on...and then there are guitars, then ...BOOM...Setlist:

Evenflow
    Grievance
    Wishlist
    Not For You
    Whipping
    Corduroy
    Brain of J
    Black
    Daughter
    Porch

Is it a sign..............?
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    votegirl wrote:
    Check this shit out:

they have a shot of a Pearl Jam setlist right in the middle of the trailer- and Theo has a PJ shirt throughout:

http://www.hotstovecoolmusic.org/videos/index.html

Pause it right after Mike O'Malley comes on...and then there are guitars, then ...BOOM...Setlist:

Evenflow
    Grievance
    Wishlist
    Not For You
    Whipping
    Corduroy
    Brain of J
    Black
    Daughter
    Porch

nice catch

how random for them to show that setlist??
  • Options
    I mean if Theo went to South America w/them,
    and it's for a GREAT cause, and Eddie already "warmed up"
    with Theo and Bill J. (from Buffalo Tom) back on June 25th...

then why not, right???!!!
  • Options
    votegirl wrote:
    Check this shit out:

I say YEAHHHHHH.....!
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    votegirl wrote:
    Check this shit out:

Setlist:

Evenflow
    Grievance
    Wishlist
    Not For You
    Whipping
    Corduroy
    Brain of J
    Black
    Daughter
    Porch

OMG!!! :eek:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    Theo Epstien: "Combining baseball and music in a city that is passionate about both will YIELD great rewards for the community."

"On behalf of HOT STOVE COOL MUSIC, Peter and Jeff would like to thank:
    Ed Valauskas, Pete Stone, Mike Eisenstein..."

lol

I know, I know...I am reaching...but it's kinda fun!
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    would be cool
    too bad im too broke to afford concerts like that right now
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    doesnt seem likely though, i mean if they could drop a name like eddy vedder or pearl jam instead of "PETER GAMMONS" they probably would....could sell more tickets/larger venue/charge more for the tickets....end result being they could make more for the charity...
  • Options
    slug420 wrote:
    doesnt seem likely though, i mean if they could drop a name like eddy vedder or pearl jam instead of "PETER GAMMONS" they probably would....could sell more tickets/larger venue/charge more for the tickets....end result being they could make more for the charity...

Yes, they could make more for the charity...

however,

IF...

they keep it on the D.L., then Ed can hang out w/some buddies,
    ...jam w/Peter G. (friend, and was on the side of the stage @ the 7-2-03 show),
    Theo (friend), Baseball players (some of which are friends),
    PLAY FENWAY PARK (he never did that)... I'm sure it's a dream of his,
    help out a worthy cause, and...
    fly back to the west coast in time for the next night's show!

You buying any of this yet???
  • Options
    Alright...

what are your thoughts now about Ed being there:

His good friend Peter Gammons (who founded the event) is in the hospital,
    and James Taylor (Eddie loves him!) has been added to the event!

Well, will he/they be there as a "Suprise Guest"???
  • Options
    PrlGrl23PrlGrl23 Posts: 22
    Help, where to I find tickets! I'm goin, I'm f'n goin! LOL!
    ~The ocean is full 'cause everyone's crying~

One great big festering neon distraction,
    Ive a suggestion to keep you all occupied.
    Learn to swim.

http://www.myspace.com/wrinkle_in_time
    http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/prlgrl23/
  • Options
    PrlGrl23 wrote:
    Help, where to I find tickets! I'm goin, I'm f'n goin! LOL!

You can get tix @ http://www.redsox.com

See ya there!
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    Smile_dad wrote:
    they keep it on the D.L., then Ed can hang out w/some buddies,
    ...jam w/Peter G. (friend, and was on the side of the stage @ the 7-2-03 show),
    Theo (friend), Baseball players (some of which are friends),
    PLAY FENWAY PARK (he never did that)... I'm sure it's a dream of his,
    help out a worthy cause, and...
    fly back to the west coast in time for the next night's show!

You buying any of this yet???

well, considering peter gammons is recovering from a brain aneurysm i highly doubt he'll be there...

i would buy it if they were on the east coast or even somewhere in the midwest with a day or two off, but i don't see him making the trip back from the west coast.
  • Options
    Wasting bandwith with Notes to self:
    http://www.billjanovitz.com
    Buffalo Tom will be in Belgium on 7/8

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2006/07/07/buffalo_tom_is_game_for_hot_stove/
    "As he has in years past, Epstein will strap on the electric guitar given to him by Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder and join Buffalo Tom for a set.

``I wasn't sure if he knew how to play guitar, but he's a pretty big fan of rock music," Colbourn says of Epstein, a Brookline native who is friends with BT singer-guitarist Bill Janovitz. ``He can play really well, and he knew our songs. He didn't need much direction." Despite Epstein's celebrity status, Colbourn says, ``People forget that he's behind the scenes, so I think it's kind of daunting for him to actually stand up there in front of a lot of people."

"In the last couple of years, Hot Stove, Cool Music had visitors: George Webb, Pearl Jam's road manager."

5/26/06
    "That capped a pretty rock and roll day for Epstein, who kicked off with a morning announcement that for the second year his Foundation To Be Named Later would be throwing a bash at Ye Olde Fenway Park in conjunction with ESPN rockabilly fanatic Peter Gammons and CBS sitcommer Mike O'Malley. The 2nd annual Hot Stove, Cool Music: The Fenway Sessions takes place July 12, with music by the Click Five, Juliana Hatfield, Buffalo Tom, the Gentlemen, and a bunch of Sox irregulars including Lenny DiNardo and Epstein. Now if they can just get Eddie to replace last year's faux-Eddie impersonation by Bronson Arroyo, maybe they'll fill the joint...."

(Pearl Jam has done their part, apparently, with Eddie Vedder dedicating the song “Light Years” to his “friend Peter” in Minneapolis last night.)

At Fenway, Hot Stove charity 'jam yields' lots of cool tunes and cold cash

Concert organizers will announce additional artists and special guests as the event approaches.

My favorite one off the new album is Marker in the Sand. Unfortunately, "Pearl Jam's schedule calls for them to be in California on Wednesday, so they" won't be able to make it. But James Taylor will be in town.

Are we in for any surprises at the concert?
    Theo_Epstein There are always surprises at Hot Stove, Cool Music ... you'll have to stay tuned.

Soooooooooooo conflicted.
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    juan lesterjuan lester Posts: 321
    no fucking chance
    uke can save the world
  • Options
    anyone wanna hold up a banner with me at the gorge? I was thinking something along the lines of

"F the red states in the south, come play at fenway!"

haha

just saw DMB there this weekend. I was on the field so I cannot attest to the acoustics for everyone in the bleachers.....i was hearing a MAAAD echo off the GS if I like sat down behind the standing ppl in front of me, but sounded excellent when enjoying the concert normally.....it was really a great venue, and I have to think with the epstein/redsox/eddie connection they (PJ) could be the show there next summer....

was a pretty cool show overall, we were right near 2nd base and the whole infield was blocked off and uncovered so when we looked back we saw the "holy grail" of the infield in either the lighting for the concert or in the moonlight and then the stands packed with people and the classic fenway show behind that....
    Sheryl Crow opened and closed her set with a cover of zeppelin's "rock and roll". Was surprisingly excellent IMO.