Options

What show to download, please help!

thevariantthevariant Posts: 9
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I am looking at the Vegas 93' show... but are there better shows from 2006? I can decide! help please guys.

I have:

2005:

The Gorge (1)
Hamilton
Phily
Atlantic City (the one with Gone)

2006:

Toronto 1
Chicago 1

thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I haven't been to any shows because i'm in the UK so my recommendations won't be biased.

Based on simply listening to each show, i'd recommend:

Grand Rapids
    Cleveland
    Boston I
    Camden I
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    I'd give Detroit a serious consideration... Ed absolutly nails the Long Road opener... right into Corduroy... Crowd singing Animal... could be the most under rated show so far this tour...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    I'd give Detroit a serious consideration... Ed absolutly nails the Long Road opener... right into Corduroy... Crowd singing Animal... could be the most under rated show so far this tour...

The setlist in Detroit was great, In Hiding, Kick out the Jams,Nothingman, Long Road... and a megaphone smashing Comatose. But Grand Rapids and Albany have better sound quality.
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    You cannot compare the '93 boot to the '06 boots. I would and did spend the $10 and downloaded the Vegas '93 boot and love it. The sound quality is great. Now as far as the '06 boots I have Chicago 1 and Chicago 2 but am looking at other shows as well. All the shows have great setlists so choosing is hard to do. I grew up in Chicago so that is why I have both of those shows. Anyway buy the '93 boot and pick your favorite setlist from the '06 boots and buy that one. Just remember to buy the FLAC format for the best sound.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Camden II... INCREDIBLE energy that night. I nearly dug a hole in the ground from dancing and jumping so hard.

Starts off slow with "Wash" then goes into some powerful stuff (Go, WWS, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Save You, Given To Fly)

Also some rare plays such as "Whipping", "Satan's Bed", and "Garden" and "Leash"(which doesn't seem to be as rare anymore seeing as though they've played it 5 of the last 5 shows)

Sickest version of RVM i've ever heard followed a few songs later with a beautiful version of "Black" in which Eddie includes the "We- We belong- We belong together!" part at the end. I'm not even a big fan of the song "Wishlist" but i really enjoyed the extra verse in which Eddie wishes he was in GWB's shoes and he would bring home the troops. He then finishes the verse with "The president's not always right" which was really cool. Anyway... here's the set

Set 1 Wash, Go, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Save You, Given To Fly, Army Reserve, Grievance, Gone, Even Flow, You Are, Wishlist, Satan's Bed, Garden, Whipping, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1 Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Parachutes, Black, Crazy Mary, Alive

Encore 2 Last Exit, Do The Evolution, Glorified G, Comatose, Leash, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    I'd give Detroit a serious consideration... Ed absolutly nails the Long Road opener... ...

this has to be one of the best (if not THE best) versions of 'long road' i've ever heard. i was absolutely kicking myself for only purchasing the .mp3 version of the show instead of the FLAC version after hearing this. i'm deeply regretting not buying the absolute best quality available of this incredible take on my fave PJ tune.
    if it comes down to it, i might have to re-purchase the entire show in FLAC just so i can have this version of 'long road' in the best quality possible.

kind of ironic that i've purchased about 10 of the leg 1 shows, and this is the only show i've purchased in .mp3 format, all the others in FLAC. oh well, that's how it goes, i do suppose...