EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Lent is bullshit. Religion is bullshit. Eat whatever the fuck you want, when you want. You have no one to answer to or disappoint.
    UH OH, DYER'S GETTIN' UPSET
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Lent is bullshit. Religion is bullshit. Eat whatever the fuck you want, when you want. You have no one to answer to or disappoint.

well, lent IS bullshit. as is easter. risen from the dead? riiiiiiightt.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Wobbie said:

well, lent IS bullshit. as is easter. risen from the dead? riiiiiiightt.
    Easter is a tough sell.  A guy coming back from the dead and a 6 foot tall bunny hopping around dropping off baskets of candy.  

Thread integrity....had a Detroit style from Jets Pizza for dinner.  Pretty damn good for a chain....
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Hells yes RK!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

From my favorite slice place. Thin and crispy just how I like it. 
    RK50065 said:

Holy chessyness!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    GlowGirl said:

From my favorite slice place. Thin and crispy just how I like it. 

yeah, that looks damn good!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Was that an extra cheese order or a standard cheese?
    Agree that it is incredibly cheesey looking....our nephew used to always want extra cheese.  
    Can't be too much cheese!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    That was standard cheese. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Nice - a heavy hand!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Not a good picture, but had Pequods deep dish last night. It puts Lou’s to shame. The best in Chicago imo (for this style). The slightly burnt edges of cheese...ohhh man is it good!

That looks amazing.  I would totally dig in to that.  I would also plan nothing for the rest of the evening based on my Lou's experience....but not stuffing myself would be a step in avoiding, and also there may have been other contributing factors at play.

Do you eat 2 pieces? 
    ^ I did eat 2 pieces. No chance I was stopping at just 1. Sausage and garlic...f’n great combo! And I found out that they'll ship frozen pies anywhere in the US now. I highly recommend giving it a try. I’m going to order them as well since I don’t get into the city that often and the wait is usually hours. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I did eat 2 pieces. No chance I was stopping at just 1. Sausage and garlic...f’n great combo! And I found out that they'll ship frozen pies anywhere in the US now. I highly recommend giving it a try. I’m going to order them as well since I don’t get into the city that often and the wait is usually hours. 

I will look them up!
    bbiggs said:

Ships through GoldBelly, so $50 off through AmEx Platinum- freezer pies!

bbiggs said:

3 pack ordered....was $107 but with $50 credit will be $57. 
    I love goldbelly, so much.
    Only surprise was that it won't arrive until May 19th, they are sold out on earlier days.  Must be good to be in their business!
    bbiggs said:

Only surprise was that it won't arrive until May 19th, they are sold out on earlier days.  Must be good to be in their business!
    Dude that is awesome!  Hell of a good deal right there.  Can't believe how long it takes, but it will be worth the wait.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get them and pop one in the oven. 

bbiggs said:
    Not a good picture, but had Pequods deep dish last night. It puts Lou’s to shame. The best in Chicago imo (for this style). The slightly burnt edges of cheese...ohhh man is it good!

Really??? Better than Lou's???  Pequod's isn't bad, but I think it's way overrated.  It's way too much bread and not nearly enough cheese, sauce and toppings.  The burnt cheese crust is awesome though.  I used to live 10 mins from the LP location and ate it a lot back in the day.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    bbiggs said:

Really??? Better than Lou's???  Pequod's isn't bad, but I think it's way overrated.  It's way too much bread and not nearly enough cheese, sauce and toppings.  The burnt cheese crust is awesome though.  I used to live 10 mins from the LP location and ate it a lot back in the day.
    Windy City Showdown!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    bbiggs said:

Yeah, man, I definitely put Pequod's above Lou's.  I will say that Lou's sausage patty is better than the sausage chunks at Pequod's, but overall it's the better pie for me.  I can get behind a little more sauce too.  Wish I had leftovers...

Looks like you got some food on your wallet!
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Yeah, man, I definitely put Pequod's above Lou's.  I will say that Lou's sausage patty is better than the sausage chunks at Pequod's, but overall it's the better pie for me.  I can get behind a little more sauce too.  Wish I had leftovers...

Yeah you can't beat the sausage patty from Lou's and the perfect amount of cheese/dough.  Pequod's just too thick for me.....haven't had it in awhile.  I can actually get to the original location in Morton Grove in 20-25 mins....may have to order one soon.  
    Looks like you got some food on your wallet!
    Haha I noticed that too.  Actually my buddy's wallet.  Not sure why he put it in front of my plate, so serves him right!

bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Yeah you can't beat the sausage patty from Lou's and the perfect amount of cheese/dough.  Pequod's just too thick for me.....haven't had it in awhile.  I can actually get to the original location in Morton Grove in 20-25 mins....may have to order one soon.  
    They're both dynamite.  Pequod's is such a rarity for me so that adds to the appeal.  It's been a few years since my last time there and Lou's makes the rotation more often now that they're everywhere.  I've never been to the MG location...only LP.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    bbiggs said:

Can you obtain the same cooking style from your home oven?  Some pizzas need to be cooked at like 7-900 degrees.  Yes it does matter.

Anyone do this yet?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Do you guys watch Dave Portnoy's youtube videos where he samples pizza?  It's pretty entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGKGiThvEj0
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    bbiggs said:

Can you obtain the same cooking style from your home oven?  Some pizzas need to be cooked at like 7-900 degrees.  Yes it does matter.

Anyone do this yet?

I did Goldbelly for Tony Gs pizzas from SF, last year.  It was pretty great....I do have a pizza oven so I can go to 1000 degrees if needed, but the instructions they give you are for a regular oven and 475, I believe.
    Might not be a bad idea to call and ask them if I should use the pizza oven since I have the option.  They are half cooked and flash frozen, I believe.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Dude that is awesome!  Hell of a good deal right there.  Can't believe how long it takes, but it will be worth the wait.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get them and pop one in the oven. 

After the Lou's mention I read this too fast as 'poop one in the oven'...