Options

27 Years Ago - 04/03/1994 Pearl Jam Plays Radio Concert in Atlanta at Fox Theater

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,504
Can't believe where time flies.  I still have the WBCN CD copies somewhere.  I actually taped this show off the radio, too with those Maxell-like cassette tapes and would hope the tape wouldn't run out in the middle of the song.  I have no clue where they are now.

Great memories and still my favorite concert.  The magic of the opening chords of Release, WMA with Kings X, Corduroy, "this is dedicated to the bastard that married my mama" before Better Man.  Just awesome.

What are your favorite moments from this show?

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Indifference.  Best version.  Vedder changes the octaves slightly that gave the song a real kick.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Remember when your first came across the Dissident single. Six LIVE PJ tracks? A LIVE version of Even Flow that I can play in my 6-disc changer? A glorious day. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,889
    Can't believe where time flies.  I still have the WBCN CD copies somewhere.  I actually taped this show off the radio, too with those Maxell-like cassette tapes and would hope the tape wouldn't run out in the middle of the song.  I have no clue where they are now.

Great memories and still my favorite concert.  The magic of the opening chords of Release, WMA with Kings X, Corduroy, "this is dedicated to the bastard that married my mama" before Better Man.  Just awesome.

I still have a cassette of this show. I think I copied it off a friend's CD. Of course I have nothing to listen to it on, so there is that.

• Options
    Indifference.  Best version.  Vedder changes the octaves slightly that gave the song a real kick.
    Great call, it might be the best version.  Opening a show with Release and ending with Indifference is always the best.

Don't forget Already in Love, aka Satan's Bed, too.
  • Options
    Remember when your first came across the Dissident single. Six LIVE PJ tracks? A LIVE version of Even Flow that I can play in my 6-disc changer? A glorious day. 
    indeed it was!
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

I still have a cassette of this show. I think I copied it off a friend's CD. Of course I have nothing to listen to it on, so there is that.

you mean you don't have your Sony Walkman anymore?
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,138
    I taped this show from my house in Atlanta! First live PJ show ever. So good.

WMA and Sonic Reducer were my favorite! And Blood is killer.

Can’t find my cassette tapes anymore but I did buy the Burning bootleg from Criminal Records here in Atlanta back in the day. Still have that and it’s pretty good quality!
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    Corduroy was not played at this show.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    I hope 10club releases this Vault on vinyl. 

Good times! Picked up all 3 CD's at Sam The Record Man when they were released. 
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    Corduroy was not played at this show.
    Good call, I could have sworn it was played.

Also, what was Manic Depression in soundcheck?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/1994/fox-theater-atlanta-ga-1bd65d94.html
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    They played it during Kings X set 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    demetrios said:
    I hope 10club releases this Vault on vinyl. 

Good times! Picked up all 3 CD's at Sam The Record Man when they were released. 
    I couldn't find discs 2 and 3 to save my life in the 90's. I've found them in recent years on eBay, but by then, had had the entire soundboard for years. Still grabbed those discs for the sake of collecting though. I mean come on, look at my avatar. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    BSE!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    Best version of WMA.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Best version of WMA.
    "Tomorrow morning take a look in the history books.  Tomorrow morning."
  • Options
    Mawky1103Mawky1103 Posts: 309
    The best Garden and Go at this show. Seriously, I’ve never heard better versions. Both are played and performed with everything that is good about Pearl Jam. Raw and beautiful. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

Did the same thing, taped it off BCN, Easter Sunday night.
    And then later that year got the CD free from the BCN Rock shop at Cambridgeside Galleria when buying a sweatshirt. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    How has no one mentioned “Deep” from this show?

Incendiary. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Pearl Jam Radio should play this on repeat every April 3rd!!
  • Options
    Dr DapsoyDr Dapsoy Posts: 70
    Don't forget.. This is the first time most of the world heard Better Man, Satan's Bed, and Whipping which wouldn't be released until Vitalogy, 8 months later!  Vs. was still very new too, having only come out the previous fall, and they're playing even newer songs?  Such a monumental event.  I still have my tapes that I recorded off the radio.  This expereince really cemented my PJ fandom I think. 
    1996: Randall's Island 1
    1998: MSG 1
    2000: Jones Beach 1
    2003: Uniondale, MSG 1
    2006: Camden
    2013: Brooklyn 2
    2016: Boston 1
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Mawky1103 said:
    The best Garden and Go at this show. Seriously, I’ve never heard better versions. Both are played and performed with everything that is good about Pearl Jam. Raw and beautiful. 
    Indeed! My favorite live Garden track. 
  • Options
    Bumping for today.  By the way, there is video out there of the soundcheck from this performance somewhere.  My old buddy Uncle Josh sent me a link so it's out there somewhere.

Happy April 3rd!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited April 2021

I literally could have written this word for word.  We don't even KNOW this song...fuckin' play it anyway.

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    That's awesome!!
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Dave A.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    The remaster is really really good! But will always keep my OGs of this show for sentimental purposes! 
    www.cluthelee.com