Options

Tour in South???

A WaveA Wave Posts: 103
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Is there any word of an additional leg, possibly in the South....Louisiana, Texas, Florida???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    TheLostSoulTheLostSoul Posts: 773
    what is this south you speak of?
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    Indy...places like that
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    We need a show in Phoenix.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    DEEP wrote:
    Indy...places like that

Indy? That's funny.

My personal opinion is that the entire Sun Belt (Phoenix to Miami) will get a 6-8 week outing in the spring of 2007. Give PJ time to relax from four legs of worldwide touring and enjoy the holidays with their families, then they'll be itching to play for all the fans/cities they couldn't get to in 2006.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I'm sorry, but if you live in a state that went for Bush in the last two elections, you don't get to see Pearl Jam live. Do you really think the guys want to play Marker in the Sand or Glorified G to a bunch of gun-toting Bible-thumpers?

It's OK, though, I hear Toby Keith and Charlie Daniels will be touring again soon.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    I'm sorry, but if you live in a state that went for Bush in the last two elections, you don't get to see Pearl Jam live. Do you really think the guys want to play Marker in the Sand or Glorified G to a bunch of gun-toting Bible-thumpers?

It's OK, though, I hear Toby Keith and Charlie Daniels will be touring again soon.

Get over yourself. Politics has little to do with PJ's decision not to play in the southern US. It was marketing that drove the decision, in my opinion.

If voting Bush was the reason they skipped us, why play two shows in Ohio? Huh, answerman?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

What an incredibly ignorant statement. I lived in Atlanta for 12 years and can tell you that the "gun-toting Bible-thumpers" are the minority. There are all kinds of people, and the metro area itself leans much more liberal than you would think. There are tons of PJ fans down there, and the '00 show at Philips Arena was one of the best shows I've seen. The crowd was absolutely insane. PJ has a huge fan base in the south and would have no trouble selling out any venue they chose to play down there. I know some fans that are really disappointed that PJ skipped them this year.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

Wow! Didn't Pennsylvania go for Kerry in the last election? I heard today a story about a famous restaurant in Philly that's refusing to serve customers who do not order in English. But I guess idiots only live in the South....
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

bc we all know only conservatives live down here. :rolleyes: **news flash** most PJ fans down here are far from conservative or else we actually would be listening to the likes of Toby Keith and Charlie Daniels. The south is filled with many left leaning people who greatly appreciate any chance to come together and hear a band whose idealogy fits ours. In fact, I'd say it feels even more special to us because we are surrounded by this red state mentality on a daily basis and love the chance to let some of this frustration out while rocking out to the greatest band in the whole damn world!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

ohio voted bush and cleveland got a killer show. next
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,152
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

Now I know why Pearl Jam plays Boston so much...such nice fans.

It sucks that you have soiled the greatest song in the history of the universe. 'I Got Shit' deserves better than you.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

While I'm no fan of Bush, I am a Conservative in NYC. I also love Pearl Jam. Politics has nothing to do with my taste in music. Only mindless lemmings let entertainers tell them who to vote for and what to think.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    i_got_shit is jut trying to stir up shit and get a rise out of you all

man, it worked

hooked
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    rawpixels wrote:
    While I'm no fan of Bush, I am a Conservative in NYC. I also love Pearl Jam. Politics has nothing to do with my taste in music. Only mindless lemmings let entertainers tell them who to vote for and what to think.

Well said. At Charlotte '03, the crowd was loving every minute until Ed went on a rant about Bush and Iraq. The booooos were deafening. Obviously many in the crowd did not share Ed's views, yet they love his music. Shocking isn't it?!
  • Options
    What's funny is that so many people down here in my part of Florida are from other areas of the country...especially the north. Yours truly is from Massachusetts and California. I actually only know a handful of Florida natives. The few I do know voted for Kerry (not that it should make a difference when talking about music). I believe the original poster is just kidding...otherwise, their opinions are an embarassment to PJ. Remember, Johnny Ramone was a hardcore Rep.
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    I_Got_Shit wrote:

How convenient, you're from Boston.
  • Options
    matt770 wrote:
    I know some fans that are really disappointed that PJ skipped them this year.
    I know EVEN MORE fans who didn't get any form of a show for 6 years. They're not playing the south, move on.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Now I know why Pearl Jam plays Boston so much...such nice fans.

It sucks that you have soiled the greatest song in the history of the universe. 'I Got Shit' deserves better than you.

I think his name is supposed to be "I Got Shit For Brains" ... but it was too long.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    Dan1984 wrote:
    We need a show in Phoenix.

Yes we do...."Live at the Dirty GLD"
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • Options
    stone720stone720 Posts: 49
    I personally think they will come Fall or early next year when it is cooler down South. I don't know how it is up North right now, but it is hotter than fuck down here in Texas. I think they would probably melt onstage from the heat. Maybe they are scheduling it around that. Because who wants to play in 100 degree weather? But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. I probably am wrong.
  • Options
    A WaveA Wave Posts: 103
    Toby Keith
    August 19, 2006
    Saturday, 7:30 PM Tweeter Center-MA
    Mansfield, MA

DON'T MISS IT!
  • Options
    stone720 wrote:
    I personally think they will come Fall or early next year when it is cooler down South. I don't know how it is up North right now, but it is hotter than fuck down here in Texas. I think they would probably melt onstage from the heat. Maybe they are scheduling it around that. Because who wants to play in 100 degree weather? But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. I probably am wrong.

There's room in their tour itinerary this fall, as they'll probably use the month of October to rest up from Europe and get ready for Oz.

Of course, they should play Bridge School Benefit during that time, so there COULD be some US shows then.

I just think it's unlikely, though.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    stone720stone720 Posts: 49
    rhinomagic wrote:
    There's room in their tour itinerary this fall, as they'll probably use the month of October to rest up from Europe and get ready for Oz.

Of course, they should play Bridge School Benefit during that time, so there COULD be some US shows then.

I just think it's unlikely, though.

I'm thinking maybe early 07. Give them time to take a break, be home for the holidays.
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    matt770 wrote:
    Well said. At Charlotte '03, the crowd was loving every minute until Ed went on a rant about Bush and Iraq. The booooos were deafening. Obviously many in the crowd did not share Ed's views, yet they love his music. Shocking isn't it?!

I guess I need to listen to my boot again. I don't remember any boooos in Charlotte '03. I was third row and can't recall it but I could be wrong.

I totally want some NC shows but also feel very lucky to live in Virginia and that I was able to at least make it to the DC show. I have lots of friends further south that just couldn't make such big trips this tour.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."