Mike is on the Cover of the May 2021 GUITAR WORLD!

2»

Comments

• BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Flavafraz said:
    Ya I’d do 15k but it’s all scuffed up. Who wants that It really is all the rage with guitars these days. Gibson have released the Murphy Lab custom shop models & they look & more importantly play mint if you do any research on YouTube 

Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    It really is all the rage with custom shops these days & if you do any research on YouTube it is anything but scuffed up. Super expensive is the downside. I'd love to have one of the new Murphy Lab Les Paul's 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Was at 2 local Chapters. No Guitar World magazines. Going the https://www.magazinesdirect.com/mobile/az-single-issues/6936979/guitar-world-magazine-single-issue.thtml route is the way to go. 
  • FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 402
    Ya I know Mike’s guitar is all scuffed up the joke was that and that I didn’t want to pay 15k

• RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    demetrios said:

How much is it in stores?
    Btw, cool next to Cat Stevens :). Hero and hero
    Robbert said:
    demetrios said:

How much is it in stores?
    Btw, cool next to Cat Stevens :). Hero and hero
    $9.99 CDN.
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    edited April 2021
    We cant buy magazines here in The Netherlands, stores are closed. I can order a single copy from the website, 27 Dollars
    Robbert said:
    We cant buy magazines here in The Netherlands, stores are closed. I can order a single copy from the website, 27 Dollars
    27 dollars?!? Maybe cheaper to score one off eBay.
    Mike McCready Limited Edition 1960 Stratocaster | Fender Custom Shop | Fender

In our first-ever collaboration with Mike McCready, Master Builder Vincent Van Trigt set out to recreate the Pearl Jam guitarist’s beloved ‘59 Strat down to every last scratch — and in the process a secret about the guitar’s lineage was revealed: it was actually a '60. With a Relic lacquer finish, flat-sawn maple neck and custom Josefina hand-wound pickups, this Strat is a faithful tribute to McCready’s road-tested favorite. Learn more here: https://bit.ly/3urYitN

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    edited April 2021
    And how much is the more-affordable replica and what are the differences?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 683
    demetrios said:
    Has anyone had theirs arrive yet from magazines direct? I’ve emailed them twice about it and have had very little support from them... disappointed it’s not here yet. Starting to feel like it might not come at all. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Loitered and read this in Barnes n Noble the other day.  

Good interview.  They also list which PJ albums to check out and what order.  Some didnt make the cut :lol:
    SM187650 said:
    demetrios said:
    Has anyone had theirs arrive yet from magazines direct? I’ve emailed them twice about it and have had very little support from them... disappointed it’s not here yet. Starting to feel like it might not come at all. 

I placed an order with them. Their reply back ..

Please be advised international orders are taking 6-8 weeks to arrive.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for the delays.

Thanks demetrios. That is not the response I got but that helps. Cheers! 
    SM187650 said:

No problemo. I would say give it another 2 weeks. If nothing shows up will be messaging them again. 
    SM187650 said:

Just recieved a new message from them. They are sending out a replacement. 
    Ya I actually got the same one today. 
    @demetrios
    Don’t suppose your replacement has arrived yet either?  
    SM187650 said:
    @demetrios

Nothing yet. Will again shoot them an email end of the week. 
    After checking their social media pages, it's not looking good. Reported via PayPal. 

SM187650 said:
    @demetrios

Received a refund from PayPal. Took only a few day's. NEVER buying from  https://www.magazinesdirect.com again.
    demetrios said:

SM187650 said:
    @demetrios

Received a refund from PayPal. Took only a few day's. NEVER buying from  https://www.magazinesdirect.com again.
    Ya me neither. I’ll look back but I’m not sure if I paid through PayPal. I don’t recall using PayPal when I made my purchase. The money sucks but on top of it I missed out on the magazine as a collectors item which adds insult to injury. 
    SM187650 said:
    demetrios said:

SM187650 said:
    @demetrios

Ya me neither. I’ll look back but I’m not sure if I paid through PayPal. I don’t recall using PayPal when I made my purchase. The money sucks but on top of it I missed out on the magazine as a collectors item which adds insult to injury. 

If by credit card I hope they can help you. PayPal will for sure. Magazine issue shouldn't be hard to find.