The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    What happened to Nova? Got crushed by Creighton 😕
    Nova has always struggled to guard Creighton,  it’s just a bad matchup for this nova team as they are not a great defensive team.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I like this player. I've seen him quite a few times since his Frosh year.

cutz said:
    I like this player. I've seen him quite a few times since his Frosh year.

Saw that through that HawkHillHardwood tweet.  Wonder what kind of chance Hawks really have with him though. These guys tend to blow up and we end up on the outside looking in.   Hawks lone commitment for next year Erik Reynolds was on the McDonald's All-American Nominees list this week and he looks like a player.  Unfortunately this has been another disaster of a season for a variety of reasons.  
    Hate nova but never want to see someone get hurt.  Feel bad for Gillespie.  Will be two years without playing in the NCAAs due to COVID and injury. Shitty way to end your career if he doesn't come back next year. Although I wonder if this gives him more incentive to come back next year.

At least my Hawks have looked like a real team once Daly has come back.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    He's a senior. Gritty win for the Cats after he went down. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    He's a senior. Gritty win for the Cats after he went down. 
    This year doesn't count for eligibility. Every player can get another year if they choose so he is eligible to come back.  
    Interesting. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Hard to play Villanova basketball when the top two Villanova basketball point guards are hurt. Jay will have to get the rest of the Villanova basketball players to play Villanova basketball.

the only thing close to as annoying as nova fans is their coaches and players constantly saying the words Villanova basketball
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    So where does Nova get seeded? I'm thinking either 5  or 6 now.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Villanova Basketball. They really got back to playing that in the second half. Defense was great. 3’s still aren’t there though. 

-6,5 tomorrow against those green bastards who ruined my parlay last night. Let’s Go!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Boom. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Outmanned. I’ll take making it to the sweet 16 as the final destination for this weird season. Nothing to be ashamed of. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Outmanned. I’ll take making it to the sweet 16 as the final destination for this weird season. Nothing to be ashamed of. 
    ‘cept you had maybe the easiest path to the sweet 16 ever.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Your team lost to Oral Roberts.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    Your team lost to Oral Roberts.
    ONE of my teams! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I'm not too surprised especially when Bryan Antoine will be playing more next year. And, if Nova gets Trevor Keels, Swider may not have seen the court that much. I wonder if he was "asked" to transfer?

cutz said:
    I'm not too surprised especially when Bryan Antoine will be playing more next year. And, if Nova gets Trevor Keels, Swider may not have seen the court that much. I wonder if he was "asked" to transfer?

My buddy just texted me about this. Top 4 class coming in and they can bring seniors back apparently. So, yeah, I guess he wasn't going to play much. I was envisioning him as being a 3 pt assassin for next few years. Oh well!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Looking forward to Jay rejecting all the inevitable UNC rumors....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Man, I was hoping he'd end up at Nova:

Pretty crazy

chinese-happy.jpg
    Pretty crazy

Thanks for that since I was thinking that Nova has lost to the eventual Champs quite a few times. I didn't know the exact number.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Hopefully next year is much better for the Owls. I think most of the team got COVID and they were practicing on friggin Zoom - total joke of a "season".
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Only saw him play in his Frosh yea,r but  I thought he was a good player then.

Sucks about about Robinson Earl but, yeah, figured.

So this Armstrong kid is the real deal, Cutz? He looks like he's 12!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    From what I've been told, YES, Armstrong is really good. I liked what I saw from him as a Frosh, for the one time I saw him.  I HOPE to see him play next Season as his HS team is good and should be invited to some Weekend Showcase Events. 

If you think he looks like he's 12 in that picture then it's a good thing you didn't see him as a Frosh like I did as I thought he looked like he was 12 then>HA
    edited April 2021
    Seen him play a few times when he was at St. Joe's(Hammonton) and saw a few Roman games this year that were Streamed. He's good and he might get  higher offers. IF Temple could get him that would be good for them. 

He's only a JR.('22) and late in the season and was averaging 20 & 10. Not sure where his Stats ended but I assume it was close to those numbers. 

Post edited by cutz on