Options

2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    Harden has my vote for MVP..looks more mature than ever..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    23scidoo said:
    Yes he does.  I am glad to say again that I was wrong about him.  He changed his colors.

With the addition of Griffin and Aldridge they should have enough pieces to coast to the finals.

Lakers making moves too as an organization to be ready for them in the finals.  Phx and Utah are balling out but will get lost in the playoffs.

Speaking of balling out.  Zion?  Damn son.  If he can play like this and be healthy?  I said he lasts 5 years and I hope I was wrong and he is around for a while.
  • Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    23scidoo said:
    Yes he does.  I am glad to say again that I was wrong about him.  He changed his colors.

With the addition of Griffin and Aldridge they should have enough pieces to coast to the finals.

Lakers making moves too as an organization to be ready for them in the finals.  Phx and Utah are balling out but will get lost in the playoffs.

Speaking of balling out.  Zion?  Damn son.  If he can play like this and be healthy?  I said he lasts 5 years and I hope I was wrong and he is around for a while.

yeah, my jazz set an NBA record last night for 3’s in a half.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    23scidoo said:

yeah, my jazz set an NBA record last night for 3’s in a half.
    Cavs had that record a few years ago so I guess they broke that one?
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Doesn't everybody hate Kyrie at this point?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Doesn't everybody hate Kyrie at this point?
    As long as he keeps winning I like him, lol.
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    I've seen Zion get stuffed a few times this year.  That was a good block too.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Luka is insane 
  • Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    LaMarcus Aldridge retiring due to health scare from irregular heartbeat 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Is that crazy or what?  I hope he lives a long time too.  He was most likely on his way to an NBA championship.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Poncier said:
    Is that crazy or what?  I hope he lives a long time too.  He was most likely on his way to an NBA championship.
    Not so fast my friend!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Not so fast my friend!
    Please stop with the 76ers going to the finals.  They don't have a "playoff team".
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    Poncier said:
    Not so fast my friend!
    I love how everyone just assumes the Nets will coast to an easy Finals victory. Anything less than Playoff domination will be considered a failure. And I’m sure all of those personalities will be fine if they fall short. They’ll just hug it out and say “It’s okay guys! We’ll get em next year!”
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Not so fast my friend!
    I love how everyone just assumes the Nets will coast to an easy Finals victory. Anything less than Playoff domination will be considered a failure. And I’m sure all of those personalities will be fine if they fall short. They’ll just hug it out and say “It’s okay guys! We’ll get em next year!”
    Lol. I know right? Defense is somewhat important in the post season. The Nets....not so good in that department. They'd probably be the worst defensive playoff team in the East...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    RiotZact said:
    Poncier said:
    Not so fast my friend!
    Lol. I know right? Defense is somewhat important in the post season. The Nets....not so good in that department. They'd probably be the worst defensive playoff team in the East...
    Don’t get me wrong, if there was a gun to my head I would probably pick them to win it, but with the way most people talk about it they’re going to be considered a disappointment if they don’t have a playoff run like the 01 Lakers or 83 Sixers (fo-fi-fo!). 
  • Options
    So embiid D's up on Durant and I'll put Simmons on Harden.  Who's guarding Kyrie?  When Embiid is out on the perimeter guarding KD who is in the post against Griffin?

The match ups are horrible for the Nets.
  • Options
    So embiid D's up on Durant and I'll put Simmons on Harden.  Who's guarding Kyrie?  When Embiid is out on the perimeter guarding KD who is in the post against Griffin?

I'd think Tobias Harris is matched up on KD. Harris' d is much better this year, but that is obviously advantage Nets.
    Thybulle will probably see a lot of time in this series to help out on either Harden or Kyrie.
    Embiid will probably be on Jordan or Claxton or whoever's playing center.

The Sixers have two players who are legit contenders for defensive player of the year. Thybulle is an elite defender as well. Meanwhile, only the Wizards allow more points per game than the Nets in the East. I don't think that can be overstated enough. Defense really matters in the playoffs and the Nets are a bad defensive team.

The Nets have nobody who can guard Embiid. If he is on top of his game, if Tobias is his usual steady self and the shots are falling, then I think the Sixers have a real shot...this is all predicated on if Ben Simmons plays aggressively or not though. You know he will not be shooting the ball, but he needs to have no fear in getting the rim, drawing contact and getting to the line. 

So the Sixers need a lot of things to go right, but I think they are 20-5 or something with their starters all on the court. Haven't the Nets only had all their guys together for less than 10 games ish? That chemistry matters too. 

It'll go 6 or 7 regardless. I think it would be a great series and I hope it happens.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I'd think Tobias Harris is matched up on KD. Harris' d is much better this year, but that is obviously advantage Nets.
    Thybulle will probably see a lot of time in this series to help out on either Harden or Kyrie.
    Embiid will probably be on Jordan or Claxton or whoever's playing center.

The Sixers have two players who are legit contenders for defensive player of the year. Thybulle is an elite defender as well. Meanwhile, only the Wizards allow more points per game than the Nets in the East. I don't think that can be overstated enough. Defense really matters in the playoffs and the Nets are a bad defensive team.

The Nets have nobody who can guard Embiid. If he is on top of his game, if Tobias is his usual steady self and the shots are falling, then I think the Sixers have a real shot...this is all predicated on if Ben Simmons plays aggressively or not though. You know he will not be shooting the ball, but he needs to have no fear in getting the rim, drawing contact and getting to the line. 

So the Sixers need a lot of things to go right, but I think they are 20-5 or something with their starters all on the court. Haven't the Nets only had all their guys together for less than 10 games ish? That chemistry matters too. 

It'll go 6 or 7 regardless. I think it would be a great series and I hope it happens.

I forgot that Thybule plays D.  I like him so my apologies to him.

I'd put KD on him and see what happens.  I wonder what Jordan could do with him?

This is one time that the "chemistry" thing isn't a thing.  For whatever reason the Nets found a way to share the ball and play together.  Give credit to coach Nash or Kyrie or Harden, but they are playing well with each other no matter who is out on the court.

• Options
    For the record I said the Nets experiment would never work.  Boy was I wrong.
  • Options
    I don't think we'll know if it worked or not until June. lol

I also don't think we know the answer to the chemistry question as they've only played 7 games together. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I also don't think we know the answer to the chemistry question as they've only played 7 games together. 
    And win all the other games usually.  Except that stupid tie breaker game...  What the hell was that all about?!?
  • Options

And win all the other games usually.  Except that stupid tie breaker game...  What the hell was that all about?!?
    Except not as many as the Sixers thus far...lol

I know they have a really good record. But there's only like 15 games left and they've only played a handful together. I think that could pose a bigger problem than you think in the playoffs. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MIP

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    MIP

Yes, the whole team is overachieving.