******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Poncier said:
      Next year will likely be a first though. 

You really think he'll take 75% of the snaps next year?
    I suppose the Colts' OL will protect him well, but he'll still likely find a way to get hurt, benched or both.
    The odds are good. He’s only taken less once in his career. He’d have to miss four or five games. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Poncier said:

I suppose the Colts' OL will protect him well, but he'll still likely find a way to get hurt, benched or both.
    The odds are good. He’s only taken less once in his career. He’d have to miss four or five games. 
    Counterpoint: He's due to miss a full season after getting hurt in camp.  ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Hey man, if he ends up missing a ton of games due to injury again or gets benched for 4 or more games...kinda emphasizes they were right to get what they could for him now right? And if he plays well, the Eagles get a first rounder out of it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Hey man, if he ends up missing a ton of games due to injury again or gets benched for 4 or more games...kinda emphasizes they were right to get what they could for him now right? And if he plays well, the Eagles get a first rounder out of it. 

Juggler is a "glass half full" kind of guy!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Believe me, this is a disaster. lol. Pissed at how we ended up in this spot, but I think the haul isn't bad considering nobody else had significant interest in him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    And the thing that no one is talking about but is absolutely the main issue going forward is: Howie bought himself three years right? If they still suck by then he can't not be fired right?
    And the thing that no one is talking about but is absolutely the main issue going forward is: Howie bought himself three years right? If they still suck by then he can't not be fired right?
    Easily three years
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Believe me, this is a disaster. lol. Pissed at how we ended up in this spot, but I think the haul isn't bad considering nobody else had significant interest in him. 
    I know the money was part of the issue but I kind of think they jumped the gun.  If they waited longer some desperate team might have offered more closer to draft when options are more limited. I think the play this year with supposedly so many QBs available is to wait it out. 
    Easily three years
    Seeing these reports that Indy's GM Ballard gave the Birds an expiration on the Wentz trade is just great, and shows how much Howie was bent over a barrell.

So between my question above and the news re: the trade negotiations w/ Indy - and for as much credit I give Howie for being the biggest reason this team finally won a Super Bowl - I am itching at a reason to start trashing this guy. All I can hope for is that he proves us all wrong.
    Kelce coming back
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Finally getting the article I thought we would've gotten a while ago:

https://www.inquirer.com/sports/a/howie-roseman-philadelphia-eagles-jeffrey-lurie-20210312.html

Again, McLane is like the only decent beat reporter on regular Philly news. Very well done.
    edited March 2021
    So the Bears didn't even make an offer for Carson yet decided they were better off with signing Andy Fucking Dalton? GM and coach both on the hot seat too, apparently. 

Yeesh. 

Mills and Agholar go to New England. That is weird. I was hoping they would've kept Mills around. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Watson rumors again...oh boy 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

I think half of the teams in the league are dealing with this.  I keep seeing that the Texans really will have to deal him, so I keep (still) thinking Jets.  The Athletic put some interesting "Watson to Pats" thoughts up...boy, what an overhaul that would be.  Completely new offense for them.

Watson would be exciting anywhere - I don't see how Philly has the Cap situation to deal with his contract, though.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    If they trade Watson, Jets or Miami are the most likely spots as each has a top 5 pick plus a 2nd first rounder this year.
    Don't see how the Pats could put together a competitive package, they have #15, could add Gilmore and a couple other first, but still think Houston would rather 3 & 18 from Miami plus more or 2 and 23 plus from NYJ.
    This weekend we rock Portland

I think half of the teams in the league are dealing with this.  I keep seeing that the Texans really will have to deal him, so I keep (still) thinking Jets.  The Athletic put some interesting "Watson to Pats" thoughts up...boy, what an overhaul that would be.  Completely new offense for them.

Watson would be exciting anywhere - I don't see how Philly has the Cap situation to deal with his contract, though.
    There are always ways to get creative with the cap in the NFL. And it's really just this year that they're in a bad spot and then Carson's dead money goes away.

Probably won't happen but it's nice to see they are not complacent.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Might get some discount now with the sexual assault accusation? I kid, I kid.

Also, happy for Mills - dude went from 7th round pick to getting paid.
    edited March 2021
    Welp....I guess we can put these Watson trade rumors to bed re: him going anywhere other than out of the NFL.
    edited March 2021
    So basically Wentz said (paraphrasing here) that he knew from the Green Bay game (his benching) that this might be it in Philly. Whaaaaat a fucking puss - basically, the second any accountability was thrown his way for a shitty performance he checked out. Enjoy Milquetoast Town, Milquetoast Boy.

EDIT: he did take a few from Philly media:

Good on Les. What a fucking bitch.

Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    So basically Wentz said (paraphrasing here) that he knew from the Green Bay game (his benching) that this might be it in Philly. Whaaaaat a fucking puss - basically, the second any accountability was thrown his way for a shitty performance he checked out. Unreal. Also, haha to the idea of not taking any Q's from Philly media today. Enjoy Milquetoast Town, Milquetoast Boy.
    Ha.  This is what I have been looking forward to.
    Hell hath no fury like a Philadelphian scorned!
    Also, Nick Sirianni instills 0 confidence. I still do not like this hire. Christ.
    Did he look like someone in the midst of a stroke during his presser, again?
    edited March 2021
    He gave it everything he had, everyone. Ya know, because every single other player in the league does not.

So 1) his competitiveness was questioned; 2) he requested a trade.
    He gave it everything he had, everyone. Ya know, because every single other player in the league does not.

So 1) his competitiveness was questioned; 2) he requested a trade.
    Fuck off, Harry!

:lol:.     
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Lol he’s such a fraud 
    "I'm not saying one way or another" is another way of saying "Yes, absolutely I wanted to be traded."
    chinese-happy.jpg
    "I'm not saying one way or another" is another way of saying "Yes, absolutely I wanted to be traded."
    Exactly. If you didn't want a trade you would have said so.
    Beat it, Carson

chinese-happy.jpg
    Milquetoast part of the country for Milquetoast Boy.