Options

Curb Your Enthusiasm

123457»

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    That show makes me realize how great Super Dave was. Best voice, best deadpan humor.

Also, the Groats lunch scene is one of my all-time favorites, ever.

Lastly, I’m with you, Juggler. Fuck Cheryl!
    Last season really felt weird without the Funk man. Vince Vaughn was meh...

Watched the Palestinian Chicken episode last night. hahaha
    Is that the”I will fuck the Jew out of you!” one?
    That’s the one
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    edited March 2021
    hedonist said:
    That show makes me realize how great Super Dave was. Best voice, best deadpan humor.

Funkhauser....fucking hilarious

that joke he told Seinfeld in the episode where Larry is on set made me piss myself (almost)
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    hedonist said:

that joke he told Seinfeld in the episode where Larry is on set made me piss myself (almost)
    Saw that one the other night. Classic
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    hedonist said:

Saw that one the other night. Classic
    I'm convinced that Jerry was hearing that for the first time...first take

If you watch his reaction they cut away kind of fast.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    This was a good scene from one of those reunion shows

Mocha Joe:
    Did you get a chance to pick up those beans? I'm really low on coffee.

Larry:
    You know, I went, and there was a lot of traffic, and I got stuck in traffic, and by the time I got there - I went all the way over there - the store was closed so I couldn't get them.

Mocha Joe:
    So you didn't get the beans?

Larry:
    No. I didn't get the beans.

Mocha Joe:
    So you didn't do me the favor?

Larry:
    I attempted to do you the favor. I tried to do you the favor. What are you talking about?

Mocha Joe:
    No. An attempt is not a favor.

Larry:
    What? It is a favor. It is a favor. That's as good as a favor. The effort was there.

Jerry:
    What did you come back with, though?

Larry:
    The store was closed.

Jerry:
    Driving to a coffee place is not a favor.

Mocha Joe:
    Where did I bring the jumper cable? Halfway to your office, or to your office?

Jerry:
    Mocha Joe has nothing to show for your supposed favor.

Larry:
    I know.

Jerry:
    You have jumper cables. What does he got?

Mocha Joe:
    Exactly.

Jerry:
    He's got a guy who's got a story about traffic.

Mocha Joe:
    Thank you, Jerry.

Jerry:
    You're welcome, Mocha Joe.

Larry:
    Come on! I did a lot for Mocha Joe.

Jerry:
    Mocha Joe doesn't need people driving around for him. He needs coffee.

Larry:
    Whatever happened to E for effort, Jerry? E for effort? You people think about that! E for effort!

Mocha Joe:
    F for favor!

Jerry:
    C for coffee!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

:lol:

I love this. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Juggler, your bumping of this prompted me to search out some Curb on YouTube (no HBO). I watched a clip of outtakes that left me in tears, so rhank you.

It was also sweet to see Funkhauser/Dave smile a couple of times. 
  • Options
    I'm now towards the end of the New York season....the decline is apparent, unfortunately. Still funny though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm now towards the end of the New York season....the decline is apparent, unfortunately. Still funny though. 
    Yeah I thought season 7 was the last good season. Seasons 8 started showing major decline. And Seasons 9 and 10 after the long hiatus were actually kind of tough for me to get through. The only laugh-out-loud moment I even remember was Jeff being mistaken for Harvey Weinstein at a party. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Yeah I thought season 7 was the last good season. Seasons 8 started showing major decline. And Seasons 9 and 10 after the long hiatus were actually kind of tough for me to get through. The only laugh-out-loud moment I even remember was Jeff being mistaken for Harvey Weinstein at a party. 
     And even 7 wasn't as good as the previous 6 despite the reunion. Happens to just about every show though. 

I am contemplating getting into the Larry Sanders show as I've only seen a few episodes here there. Everyone I know who has seen it has told me it's great. Might even skip the last two seasons of Curb and start watching that now.

Also I just saw that Richard Lewis will not be in the new Curb season. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Larry Sanders, like Garry, was brilliant. You will not be disappointed. 
  • Options
     And even 7 wasn't as good as the previous 6 despite the reunion. Happens to just about every show though. 

I am contemplating getting into the Larry Sanders show as I've only seen a few episodes here there. Everyone I know who has seen it has told me it's great. Might even skip the last two seasons of Curb and start watching that now.

Oh yeah highest recommendation for Larry Sanders. I think it'd be right up your ally.

And you might be right about season 7 of Curb. I thought all the reunion stuff was great but that was only five of the ten episodes. I don't really remember the others. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Oh yeah highest recommendation for Larry Sanders. I think it'd be right up your ally.

And you might be right about season 7 of Curb. I thought all the reunion stuff was great but that was only five of the ten episodes. I don't really remember the others. 
    Jason Alexander really rubs me the wrong way. Him and his fake hair...not a fan. Maybe that was the problem for me. Also, Cheryl being such and ungrateful b-tch after Larry gave her the opportunity of a lifetime pissed me off more than made me laugh. lol

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Jason Alexander really rubs me the wrong way. Him and his fake hair...not a fan. Maybe that was the problem for me. Also, Cheryl being such and ungrateful b-tch after Larry gave her the opportunity of a lifetime pissed me off more than made me laugh. lol

What I loved most about the reunion was the Jerry/Larry stuff, and the Michael Richards scene where he's telling off Leon with a bunch of people filming him. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs: