Time change. Again.

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    @rgambs what else can I do to generate more energy?
    Seek the secret to unchopping wood.  Bathe in the forest.  Walk barefoot in the grass.  Smoke the grass barefoot.
    And everyone needs more sex, damnit!  Me most of all 🤣🤣🤣
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Hahahag!

Also, the clocks change before you wake up tomorrow.  Juggler, you lose an hour of sleep tonight as the clocks moving forward.  You are running a misinformation campaign!  ;/
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited March 2021
    Thanks @rgambs I spend a lot of time unchopping wood...I like walking barefoot in the grass too.
    The time changed.
    Big whoop.
    Sleep an extra hour by the clock if you gotta, get up normal time tomorrow.  Big whoop.
    This has been your asshole announcement of the day.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited March 2021
    Jesus. I was an hour late for mass this morning. Missed communion again. 

Well rested though!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Jesus. I was an hour late for mass this morning. Missed communion again. 

Well rested though!
    Hahaha.

Father forgive me, it has been.....wait, what time is it?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    In my smoke-hazed stupor last night, I reset the clocks in the wrong direction. 
    When did you figure it out?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    When did you figure it out?
    Around 4am 😬
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    rgambs said:
    Well, it's that time of year when I come out to tell all the DST whiners to toughen up and quit bellyaching.  

Toughen up and quit bellyaching!  If an hour change on the clock throws your life off, then you ought to sort said life out and get your shit together!
    You ought to be getting up before the sun rises and going to bed after it sets ALL YEAR!  Go chop some fucking wood while you are at it! 

Stupid antiquated function that serves zero purpose in the 21st century.

\Go plant some fucking kale.
    rgambs said:
    Well, it's that time of year when I come out to tell all the DST whiners to toughen up and quit bellyaching.  

Toughen up and quit bellyaching!  If an hour change on the clock throws your life off, then you ought to sort said life out and get your shit together!
    You ought to be getting up before the sun rises and going to bed after it sets ALL YEAR!  Go chop some fucking wood while you are at it! 

It serves the purpose of separating the wheat from the chaff!
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

lol, not liking DLST does not equate to them being a negative product in society.
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

lol, not liking DLST does not equate to them being a negative product in society.
    Hahaha ok, it separates the men/women from the boys/girls.  The grown-ass adults from the overgrown babies 😂😂
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Hahaha ok, it separates the men/women from the boys/girls.  The grown-ass adults from the overgrown babies 😂😂
    I am gender fluid and I am offended by your archaic use of gender terms and even more so for the archaic practice of Day Lights Saving Time...
     B) 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    edited November 2021
    Dragging this morning with one less hour of sleep. Argh. Hate this time of year. 

bump for @The Juggler :wink:
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Stuuuuuuuuupiiiiiid.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Daylight savings time can fuck right off.  Was up at 530 with my 2 year old.  Today has felt like an eternity.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I think we should set the clocks back 1 hour every Sunday. I don’t care if it would be pitch dark at noon some weeks, the extra hour every weekend would be worth it.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Daylight savings time can fuck right off.  Was up at 530 with my 2 year old.  Today has felt like an eternity.
    We are NOT in Daylight Saving Time! This is standard time. DST just ended.  
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Then standard time can fuck right off today!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Being forced to change our clocks twice a year is proof positive of how malleable and stupid we are as a species.  Can you imagine what the other intelligent species are saying behind our backs?

Mr. Larson...is Gary Larson in the house?  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Everyone was like 2 hours late for work today. How am I the only who remembers to Fall Forward this time every year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Your coworkers have convenient memory loss...perhaps next fall...you come in 3 hours late?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Your coworkers have convenient memory loss...perhaps next fall...you come in 3 hours late?
    People are crazy
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Then standard time can fuck right off today!
    God damn right!!
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    What sucks is when your body is used to waking up at 4:30 in the morning to get ready for work, and when you do the clock says 3:30 and you can't fall back asleep to take advantage of the supposed extra hour of sleep. 
    What sucks is when your body is used to waking up at 4:30 in the morning to get ready for work, and when you do the clock says 3:30 and you can't fall back asleep to take advantage of the supposed extra hour of sleep. 

100%.  Was wide awake at 4AM today.  Managed to get some good thinking time.  :lol:   

Much prefer this change to the one where they steal an hour of sleep.

You had to work yesterday?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    You had to work yesterday?
    No, today. I have the same problem on weekends, but can usually fall back asleep for an hour or so. Sunday is my laundry day and it is not unusual to have my first load started by 5 in the morning. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Awake at 3:50 this morning. Not like I need to be up at 5:00 usually, but my brain often thinks I do. I did not appreciate the "thinking time" because thoughts at that hour are usually not pleasant, but I did appreciate the extra reading time that I had instead. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf