Options

The Texas Deep Freeze

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Here's a thread that's a bit over-due.  The Texas freeze has been talked about elsewhere but it is a major even and the discussion really does not relate to the PG&E thread.

So OK, most of us here are at least left-leaning if not outright die-hard liberals, but what has and is happening in Texas is a human issue and, believe it or not, not all Texans are cretins deserving of a slow and painful death.  Take my aunt-in-law and cousin-in-law who live there.  Wonderful, lovely people. We have wonderful forum members here we care about.  Let's keep this humane.

What I'm hoping for is that we'll see people across the nation help out in a time of need.  It looks like the Biden and the feds via FEMA are stepping up as they should be.  Here's what's going on that way:

Maybe if we give our southern fellow country women and men a helping hand they and we will become more connected instead of being at each others throats. 

The utility situations in California and Texas are very comparable, and somewhat proves trumps point of a liberal media bias.

In Texas, the liberal media was quick to correctly point out it is the republican state governments responsibility to regulate, review and approve every dollar that  is spent to improve assets, yet in California, the liberal media constantly vilifies the utility and holds the democratic state government nearly blameless, even when the evidence is overwhelming the state of California rejected attempts to invest in infrastructure improvements. 

In order to turn the page, it’s important for all of us who vote to understand what we are voting for. And most voters do not fully understand the government’s enormous role in utility management, I guess until it’s a republican state that screws up.
    That’s a good point.  The one in 2003 was a pretty big deal and effected mostly liberal states.  
    https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/08/photos-15-years-since-the-2003-northeast-blackout/567410/
    New Yorkers were without power for 2 weeks after hurricane Sandy...(shouldn’t the infrastructure be prepared for hurricanes by now)?
    The 2011 Southwest blackout was no walk in the park:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Southwest_blackout

shouldn’t the infrastructure be prepared for hurricanes by now)?”

90mph winds, ocean storm surges, and wildfires have the power to immediately destroy assets no matter what improvements are made.

Humans have proven, in hundreds of localities across the world, utility assets can be successfully winterized.

After sandy, assets near the shore like substations have mostly been raised ten feet, but if climate conditions continue to deteriorate and the next big storm has a 15 foot surge? 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    OnWis97 said:
    The conspiracy theory that Texas's snow is fake and made by the government has enough legs that snopes is weighing in.

I would love to find the thread where this is actually discussed to make Snopes put something out about it, or "threads" but then again they believe that Snopes is funded by Soros and the deep state too.

local radio mentioned it. tik tok video. torch on a sbowball. vaporied it so because it didnt melt to liquid its fake.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,506
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:
    The conspiracy theory that Texas's snow is fake and made by the government has enough legs that snopes is weighing in.

I would love to find the thread where this is actually discussed to make Snopes put something out about it, or "threads" but then again they believe that Snopes is funded by Soros and the deep state too.

local radio mentioned it. tik tok video. torch on a sbowball. vaporied it so because it didnt melt to liquid its fake.
    If the government can control weather, then I am requesting 72 with low humidity this Summer. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:

They took a torch to snow and it didn't melt right?

You mean it didn't melt how they thought it should?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:

yes. apparently it vaporized.
    steamed likely .
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    And y’all thought those contrails were just jet engine exhaust. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:

steamed likely .
    Ice heated up to a high temperature turned into a gas?  ya don't say?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    OnWis97 said:

steamed likely .
    Ice heated up to a high temperature turned into a gas?  ya don't say?
    Fuckin' science does it every time! Damn egg heads and their made up theories. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    wasn’t fake at all, sad that that was out there.  I got out unscathed with only no power for three days and no water for two. I just loaned $10k today to an employee of mine to help her family pay for home repairs while she waits for her homeowners insurance to do something to help her.  I wouldn’t even have had it if not for the ppp!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    So Texans are getting $10,000 utility bills...

God bless deregulation!
    That’s the cost of freedom I guess
    Don’t forget 2A as long as they can carry they’ll take being frozen over not being able to open carry! That will always Trump over anything else..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2021
    Edit: Never mind 
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Could cost $200 billion...more than Harvey or Ike....  one of the worst disasters in US history.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-winter-storm-uri-costs/
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden