Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nvm
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mace1229 said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    Driving is a privilege; it's not a right.
    Tell that to my elderly mom 🙄

To be clear, if you’re not okay to drive due to weed, alcohol, meds, a friendly BJ by your passenger - whatever reason - don’t fucking drive! Although if someone doesn’t give enough of a shit about themselves to do so, chances are they’re fuck-you’ing to everyone else too. 

I am always happy to pull over for this reason.
    Want to carpool to the next show?

Doh! 
    Sorry, I like the ladies.

They might get a pass.  :0
    Puff puff pass

I’d smoke your pipe F’Me 

Stoned on the love pipe - oh yea!
    Empty! :hug:

Solid work, F Me. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited February 2021
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Good question.  THC stays in the blood for quite awhile which is why if a person is required to take a blood test for employment it is best not to smoke for something like a month.

Yeah I was always way too paranoid.

One time I was driving and my two buddies in the back seat were flicking their lighters and told me a copy was pulling me over.  The terror was absolutely real.

Oh those sob's  :lol:

True story- I once rode with a guy who was driving while we were both stoned.  He was a deputy sheriffs and we were on a freeway doing about 95 MPH.  I didn't know it was legal for a sheriff to drive that fast.  It was kind of scary.  :fearful:

Actually, THC only stays in your bloodstream for 3-4 hours after smoking so it is probably the most effective in finding out whether or not someone is currently high.  
    Urine and Hair will register for much longer.

Edit:  After looking into it a bit more, the above is still true.  If a test is specifically looking for THC, it only stays in your bloodstream for a couple hours (hence why you are only “stoned” for a couple hours).  There is another metabolite, THC-COOH, that can be detected for longer (for 25 days or so), so if an employer is testing for that specifically they could bust you...but why wouldn’t they just use hair or urine at that point?

Or maybe this is correct?
    Typically, THC is detectable for up to 90 days in hair, anywhere between 3 days to a month or longer in urine (depending on how often the person uses), up to 48 hours in saliva, and up to 36 hours in blood.

What I was mistaking due to memory loss is that THC can be detected in the urine for a long time which is why it is recommended to not smoke for a good while before being tested for a job.  That may be a reason I never applied for certain jobs (but I'm not sure.  I can't remember.)

Say, what is this thread about anyway?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    maybe this guy should consider smoking pot instead.....

.778 bac.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I don't know how that guy is alive.
    He should certainly go to jail.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408

after he's been fully detoxed at the hospital. severe alcohol withdrawal can kill 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mickeyrat said:

after he's been fully detoxed at the hospital. severe alcohol withdrawal can kill 

Yeah, I can imagine it will be needed.  Not sure how you have that bac and live.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    At 1:00 pM too. Can’t help but be a little impressed.
    mace1229 said:
    I’m not. I’ve been close to that shit myself. It’s sad. And fucking ugly. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    mickeyrat said:
    .778 holy cow, he should have been in several comas and died a few times.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    At what point do they just measure the blood in your alcohol stream?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    hedonist said:
    mace1229 said:

For sure.

A little drinking is fine but knowing someone who killed literally herself drinking leaves me cold when it comes to hard-core alcoholism.  Not that I would slight anyone personally who is there, but I stay away.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    mace1229 said:

For sure.

A little drinking is fine but knowing someone who killed literally herself drinking leaves me cold when it comes to hard-core alcoholism.  Not that I would slight anyone personally who is there, but I stay away.
    Oh, I’d have stayed away if I could :rofl:

But yeah, at some point you have to not only see the destruction caused to others, but to oneself too. Or just fall off the edge... 

Were I to lose someone in an accident due to impairment (whether theirs or others’), their means of being unable to drive safely wouldn’t make one difference to me. 
    You know you know what is really sad.  I can only buy 30 grams a day at the Ontario Cannabis Store...but I can walk out of the liquor store with as much poison as I choose...and the idiots in Ontario wonder why a lot of us stay with the black market...and the government weed is the shits...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited February 2021
    You know you know what is really sad.  I can only buy 30 grams a day at the Ontario Cannabis Store...but I can walk out of the liquor store with as much poison as I choose...and the idiots in Ontario wonder why a lot of us stay with the black market...and the government weed is the shits...

You keep saying that “government weed is the shits”, but there is a pretty large selection from quite a few different companies of flower, bud, concentrates, vape products, edibles, and the like. I’m just not buying that all of it is “shit”. 

Here’s the selection:

https://ocs.ca/
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

An ounce of weed, per day, is not enough?

Hope nobody is driving, at all, if they are smoking an ounce a day.

I think you are missing the point???  Just like you boozers who like to have your bar stocked.  Us lovers of the herb like to have our bars stocked with different varieties.  Remember alcohol is poison and cannabis is not...and really during covid why would I want to stop multiple times when 1 stop can do the trick.   For me it’s a moot point.  I am 💯 percent on the black market...my guy delivers in under 2 hours and never disappointed.  Also I do not drive stoned...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    This thread is not to debate booze vs weed - I would be fine with people buying pounds of weed a day.  Doesn't bother me....was just thinking about how much work it could be at times to get a simple eighth or quarter bag....and now people can go and buy at the store.
    My 20 year old self would have been blown away buying legally.

Good news for you it seems is that your dealer should be happy to sell you as much as you want to buy.

I think you are missing the point???  Just like you boozers who like to have your bar stocked.  Us lovers of the herb like to have our bars stocked with different varieties.  Remember alcohol is poison and cannabis is not...and really during covid why would I want to stop multiple times when 1 stop can do the trick.   For me it’s a moot point.  I am 💯 percent on the black market...my guy delivers in under 2 hours and never disappointed.  Also I do not drive stoned...
    Isn't marijuana poisoning a thing?
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

mace1229 said:
    The Meltdown99 said:

Isn't marijuana poisoning a thing?
    No.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
    When colorado first legalized it there was a spike in hospital cases from thc overdoses. People started smoking again who hadn’t in 20-30 years and didn’t realize this stuff is stronger than what they did in high school, or just didn’t monitor how much they were eating.
    So what’s the difference between marijuana overdose and poisoning then?  Seems like interchangeable terms to me. And seems like something that people can relatively easily overdose on would also be considered a poison. I say relatively easily just in case someone wants to point out you can techincally over dose on water or milk, but that is extremely difficult by comparison.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941

Scientists Still Seek A Reliable DUI Test For Marijuana

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/30/523004450/scientists-still-seek-a-reliable-dui-test-for-marijuana

There probably are no easy answers...but I do think Ontario police do a good job and l would think if the cops smell cannabis but you easily pass a roadside test, that they’d let you continue on your way....

Let's just say it's entirely possible to pass a sobriety test after consuming weed.   It's a test designed for being drunk.   It doesn't work so well on stoned people (at least not people stoned on weed).  I've seen the police have to let stoned people go and get back in there cars because they passed the test.

In regards to a scientific approach.  I think this is challenging here in Canada as the amount of residual weed in someones system can be different depending on how much they consume regularly.   The limits the Canadian government made seem a bit low, and aren't necessarily reflective of everyone.   I could see some convictions winning in court because of it.    A Chronic Weed user might have a way higher THC amount in their blood (when not stoned) than a casual consumer might have while completely baked.  Plus it stays in your system for a month.

I'd be interested to see what happens with cases when they start hitting our court system.   I'm surprised I haven't heard much already seeing as it's been legal for a while.  Maybe cops aren't bothering to enforce those rules too much?

mace1229 said:
    When colorado first legalized it there was a spike in hospital cases from thc overdoses. People started smoking again who hadn’t in 20-30 years and didn’t realize this stuff is stronger than what they did in high school, or just didn’t monitor how much they were eating.
    So what’s the difference between marijuana overdose and poisoning then?  Seems like interchangeable terms to me. And seems like something that people can relatively easily overdose on would also be considered a poison. I say relatively easily just in case someone wants to point out you can techincally over dose on water or milk, but that is extremely difficult by comparison.
    Given that the high from smoking is almost immediate, I would be willing to bet that many of not most were impatient and overzealous in their consumption of edibles. Not quite the same, but a similar mindset to that of a kid with a shit ton of candy for Halloween. 
    mace1229 said:
    LMFAO.  They did not OD.  Likely novice users took too much weed...

It’s not poison, it’s been growing on earth naturally and has been used for 1000’s of years.  Your views are outdated, ignorant and very pathetic...

also keeping it illegal was a racist policy since blacks and 1st nation were the primary users when the it was banned.

hey but at least whitey allowed you your alcohol while they were tossing minorities in jail with unfair sentences for cannabis use...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Zod said:

Scientists Still Seek A Reliable DUI Test For Marijuana

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/07/30/523004450/scientists-still-seek-a-reliable-dui-test-for-marijuana

There probably are no easy answers...but I do think Ontario police do a good job and l would think if the cops smell cannabis but you easily pass a roadside test, that they’d let you continue on your way....

Let's just say it's entirely possible to pass a sobriety test after consuming weed.   It's a test designed for being drunk.   It doesn't work so well on stoned people (at least not people stoned on weed).  I've seen the police have to let stoned people go and get back in there cars because they passed the test.

In regards to a scientific approach.  I think this is challenging here in Canada as the amount of residual weed in someones system can be different depending on how much they consume regularly.   The limits the Canadian government made seem a bit low, and aren't necessarily reflective of everyone.   I could see some convictions winning in court because of it.    A Chronic Weed user might have a way higher THC amount in their blood (when not stoned) than a casual consumer might have while completely baked.  Plus it stays in your system for a month.

I'd be interested to see what happens with cases when they start hitting our court system.   I'm surprised I haven't heard much already seeing as it's been legal for a while.  Maybe cops aren't bothering to enforce those rules too much?

Nothing I can do about them getting stoned drivers off the road.

I’m a heavy users who does not drive stoned.  I am not worried in the least about being stopped.  

Every body reacts differently.  In time they’ll come up with a solution.

Do you really think their are more stoned drivers now that it’s legal than when it was illegal?  Just because it’s legal does  not mean their is an increased usage...I’ve been getting cheeched since high school.

Of course there is some unknowns.  In time the powers to be will sort that out...

like I pointed out earlier I have not read about any real issues with cannabis and driving.    And I’m sure if there was major problems we’d know by now..,.

30 years from now everyone will wonder wtf it was even illegal...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mace1229 said:

It’s not poison, it’s been growing on earth naturally and has been used for 1000’s of years.  Your views are outdated, ignorant and very pathetic...

also keeping it illegal was a racist policy since blacks and 1st nation were the primary users when the it was banned.

hey but at least whitey allowed you your alcohol while they were tossing minorities in jail with unfair sentences for cannabis use...

There are poisonous things in nature.
    Not saying weed is poison, just that the logic shared is flawed.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2021
    mace1229 said:

Edit: Including all the essential ingredients needed to make whatever choice in which you prefer to swill yer yeast excrement. 

Also:

“I drank what!?!”
    —Socrates
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    mace1229 said:

Edit: Including all the essential ingredients needed to make whatever choice in which you prefer to swill yer yeast excrement. 

Also:

“I drank what!?!”
    —Socrates
    Of course!