Led Zeppelin

Comments

• I was watching some Them Crooked Vultures footage on YouTube last week... JPJ is such a joy to watch. Glad I saw them, but wish I saw them more than once. (Also wish they released more than one album). 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I was watching some Them Crooked Vultures footage on YouTube last week... JPJ is such a joy to watch. Glad I saw them, but wish I saw them more than once. (Also wish they released more than one album). 
    That record! Second favorite “super group”! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I was watching some Them Crooked Vultures footage on YouTube last week... JPJ is such a joy to watch. Glad I saw them, but wish I saw them more than once. (Also wish they released more than one album). 
    So f’n good. 

Alain Johannesburg, JPJ, Josh Hommes, Dave Grohl... what a lineup. 

Always loved the Zeppelin feel to Reptiles. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I was watching some Them Crooked Vultures footage on YouTube last week... JPJ is such a joy to watch. Glad I saw them, but wish I saw them more than once. (Also wish they released more than one album). 
    So f’n good. 

Alain Johannesburg, JPJ, Josh Hommes, Dave Grohl... what a lineup. 

Always loved the Zeppelin feel to Reptiles. 
    Totally! Yes! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    GlowGirl said:
    I am surprised at how good they were but also surprised that Page never seemed to maintain his presence.  His writing and playing both fell off after LZ.
    Don’t forget about the Firm  :). I actually saw them in concert. 
    So odd that you bring this up because I never knew of this group until their song Radioactive popped up on a random play list last night. I started a track radio playlist to Gimme Some Lovin' on YouTube music and it was like the 20th song. I was like, I know this voice, but not this song. Just spent the last 30 minutes reading about the group. Crazy. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    tbergs said:
    GlowGirl said:
    I am surprised at how good they were but also surprised that Page never seemed to maintain his presence.  His writing and playing both fell off after LZ.
    So odd that you bring this up because I never knew of this group until their song Radioactive popped up on a random play list last night. I started a track radio playlist to Gimme Some Lovin' on YouTube music and it was like the 20th song. I was like, I know this voice, but not this song. Just spent the last 30 minutes reading about the group. Crazy. 
    It's funny because I barely remember that concert. I think I went only knowing Radioactive and not much else. However, I went because I really wanted to see Jimmy Page play live and thought it would be my only chance, as it was.

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    GlowGirl said:
    tbergs said:
    GlowGirl said:
    It's funny because I barely remember that concert. I think I went only knowing Radioactive and not much else. However, I went because I really wanted to see Jimmy Page play live and thought it would be my only chance, as it was.

Solo for Outrider and then with Plant on that 95 tour.

I got the cassettes for each of the The Firm and for Mean Business when they were released. But I was obsessed with Zep back then.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    GlowGirl said:
    I saw them as well.  He did have some decent stuff with the Firm but I was referring more to his playing getting sloppy.

By the time Outrider came out it seemed like he gave up trying to be creative.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    GlowGirl said:
    I saw them as well.  He did have some decent stuff with the Firm but I was referring more to his playing getting sloppy.

By the time Outrider came out it seemed like he gave up trying to be creative.

think the sloppy play was the dope.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I think he was pretty much washed up by In Through. But it's still surprisig that Plant managed to stay prolific while Jimmy became basically irrelevant in producing new material.

I know most are sick of Stairway, but this is a cool video of Jimmy describing recording it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDo4CA13LbY

eddiec said:
    I think he was pretty much washed up by In Through. But it's still surprisig that Plant managed to stay prolific while Jimmy became basically irrelevant in producing new material.

I know most are sick of Stairway, but this is a cool video of Jimmy describing recording it.

washed up? nah. fucked up in that era of zep? for sure. hearing him at live aid then the atlantic celebration, hes on point.

their catalog is the gift that keeps on giving. all the remasters etc.....

I cant tell you how many times I bouggt the ssme shit over the years.

you could say the same for JPJ then too. but he fucking kills it on vultures.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:

washed up? nah. fucked up in that era of zep? for sure. hearing him at live aid then the atlantic celebration, hes on point.

their catalog is the gift that keeps on giving. all the remasters etc.....

I cant tell you how many times I bouggt the ssme shit over the years.

you could say the same for JPJ then too. but he fucking kills it on vultures.
    Their catalogue is one of the great journeys in music, perhaps only surpassed by The Beatles.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    This is a great compilation. Battle of Evermore might be my favorite. Thanks to my local library for having this.

It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    This is a great compilation. Battle of Evermore might be my favorite. Thanks to my local library for having this.

This was the first Zep album I ever bought. Then it escalated from there - especially after I heard Zep II. Masterpiece. 
  • As an FYI for all interested parties...Physical Graffiti turned 45 years old yesterday.

And Jimmy was not washed up on In Through The Out Door. He was a full blown junkie is all. And John was a full blown alcoholic. We were going to lose one of them. It was inevitable...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Great record. Interesting info. some rockers avoid that stuff and it consumes others. Glad a lot lived through it. 

• Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    edited February 2021
    This popped up today if any of you are bootleg freaks. Kind of interesting how this show  keeps getting pieced together.  I sent it to my buddy who is literally a Zep live expert (it's sick...) and he replied with,  "Malcolm and Angus were there". 
    https://youtu.be/EcKJ6F79qsM
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Cars, streams, and fairytales weren’t enough for Jimmy Page...
    https://youtu.be/ZQgYn23Xvck
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Why would you number your albums (first by default, but okay...) for the first 4 and then stop?? Commit!!

The should-be-Led Zeppelin 5 is my favorite
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Why would you number your albums (first by default, but okay...) for the first 4 and then stop?? Commit!!

The should-be-Led Zeppelin 5 is my favorite
    Let's see if Run The Jewels commits since they are up to 4 also.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    The greatest hard rock band of all time.  I watch the vids from MSG 73 and Page is unbelievable.  Led Zep II is my desert island disc and what is and what should never be is probably my favorite track. So good. Heartbreaker was the song that hooked me. That solo. Unreal.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Get_Right said:
    The greatest hard rock band of all time.  I watch the vids from MSG 73 and Page is unbelievable.  Led Zep II is my desert island disc and what is and what should never be is probably my favorite track. So good. Heartbreaker was the song that hooked me. That solo. Unreal.

Agree but LZ1, for me. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    cutz said:

Pretty cool.  I loved that guy on PA.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    cutz said:

I remember him as Jimi in Nice Dreams
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    dankind said:
    cutz said:

I remember him as Jimi in Nice Dreams
    Have to derail and Post this:

https://youtu.be/rVUw62pxDGw
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Jimmy sounds like a real quiet and introverted guy whwnever I see him in vids, so maybe he was pulling a No Code and purposely withdrawing from all the lights?