New album in the works?

13»

Comments

• JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    edited January 2021
    Gigaton still needs to get out of the house, walk around a little and get some fresh air...
    I would like to hear those tracks live - as most of my favorites of their past catalog was based on hearing live performances.
    PJ playing a song live for an audience with the alternating current of energy between band and crowd can reveal hidden mysteries of a song.
    I look forward to that!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    demetrios said:
    I have apple music. i'd be more than happy to help you guys out. especially demetrios; he's helped me out a ton, like you said. can i download podcasts with an apple music account? or do i have to rip it somehow?

You would need a sound recorder app, like Audacity. Can't seem to find this recording outside of Apple Music.

He has this https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-241-the-strombo-show ..Wish it was available there.

as it turns out, i do have audacity. i'm trying to play the podcast on my desktop itunes account so i can rip it and i'm just getting a loading screen forever. jesus. i know why people hate apple. 

i'll let you know when i get it to work.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

@demetrios so I got the podcast ep to load in itunes. so to rip it to audacity, all I do is press play in itunes and record in audactiy, and it will pick it up?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    @demetrios so I got the podcast ep to load in itunes. so to rip it to audacity, all I do is press play in itunes and record in audactiy, and it will pick it up?

Yep. Would start with Audacity. Hit record then start playing the audio from iTunes. Once complete safe the project as a .wav file & that's it.
    demetrios said:

Yep. Would start with Audacity. Hit record then start playing the audio from iTunes. Once complete safe the project as a .wav file & that's it.
    tried that. it's picking up the noise i'm making (mouse clicks, etc), not itunes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

demetrios said:

tried that. it's picking up the noise i'm making (mouse clicks, etc), not itunes. 

Must be recording what sounds coming out of the microphone? By the Audacity tool bar see if you have the Speakers option.
    pm sent so we can take this off the boards. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    I never thought or wished they would shelve the Gigaton songs in a live environment,  I want to hear them as much as everyone if not more ;-).  However, when that album was written and recorded the world was just about to shift a few degrees on axis.  I can imagine an alternate universe where they could have toured Gigaton somehow through all this and we would have had amazing shows with the new songs getting their legs under them and some very on point covers.  I just don't know that I've ever seen such an incredible set of circumstances seemingly all at once in at least my history.  It seems like the type of environment that would kick an artist like Pearl Jam's creativity into high gear, so I just wondered if they felt the same and new material might be forthcoming?
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    I haven’t done shit over the past year.

Can’t expect the boys to pump out another album that fast.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    If they wanted to they could do a live stream or a pre-recorded “live” stream playing in separate locations. This was exactly what Australian band Powderfinger did last year (One Night Lonely), having been apart for 10 years. They sounded great playing that way, so I can’t see why it wouldn’t work for PJ....if they really wants to do it. 
  • On PJ Radio's Faithfull Forum, Ed confirms there will be "more" music by the time concerts recommence!  From his comments, all I can infer is they have been working on music remotely.  Neato!
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    On PJ Radio's Faithfull Forum, Ed confirms there will be "more" music by the time concerts recommence!  From his comments, all I can infer is they have been working on music remotely.  Neato!
    Awesome news! :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Pap said:
    On PJ Radio's Faithfull Forum, Ed confirms there will be "more" music by the time concerts recommence!  From his comments, all I can infer is they have been working on music remotely.  Neato!
    Awesome news! :plus_one:
    Yes, yes, yes!!!! :joy:
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Could also be that the extra gigaton tracks have been mixed.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    Well well well...
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,016
    Gigaton such a gift during the shitstorm we are in

looking forward to next year
    I think if all live shows get canned again this year, we’ll see new music before the year is out. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Weren’t they on course with one record, stopped and wrote Gigaton instead? So maybe that first record gets a release. The Can’t Deny Me sessions? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Weren’t they on course with one record, stopped and wrote Gigaton instead? So maybe that first record gets a release. The Can’t Deny Me sessions? 
    Yup! I bet there are some good tunes just sitting there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    We should get some new EV songs soon. I think Flag Day is due for release this year at some point, to which I understand he’s done part of the soundtrack 
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    drfox said:
    We should get some new EV songs soon. I think Flag Day is due for release this year at some point, to which I understand he’s done part of the soundtrack.
    :wink:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    Just started listening to the Let There Be Talk podcast with Stone and towards the beginning of the interview he states "Even in the last... we're working on... we're trying to write songs for a new PJ record right now." 
    Just started listening to the Let There Be Talk podcast with Stone and towards the beginning of the interview he states "Even in the last... we're working on... we're trying to write songs for a new PJ record right now." 

• mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Woah, that’s pretty big news. 
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    That’s music to our ears. I suppose it can be interpreted in different ways. Writing music comes in many different guises. But let’s hope whatever they’re throwing around is all killer! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Would love to hear the sessions they did before they brought in Josh Evans. 
    www.cluthelee.com