Options

Inside Job Dublin Opener

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
What strikes me the most about the Dublin Fanviews is not only the great response to Inside Job as an opening song, but the anticipation by everyone for it to be played in the first place.

Cheers to our European friends :p I’m so glad you guys are finally getting a chance to see the band again.

All those ‘first time seeing the band after all these years’ Fanviews are prompting a few tears of joy over here. So happy for you PJ nuts :)

Thanks for all the fantastic Fanviews, edwho

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I thought they were gonna run out and blaze into animal or comatose but inside job couldnt have been anymore perfect for an opener at that show!
  • Options
    inside job really captures where the band is now. it highlights mr mike, who totally deserves everything right now. so in some way i'm kinda not surprised they lead off with it.
  • Options
    i was desperate to hear that song live, so when they started on it i honestly cried!
  • Options
    Thought it was a great opener - was kinda hoping for Sometimes but wouldn't swap now.
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
  • Options
    e1mariachi wrote:
    i was desperate to hear that song live, so when they started on it i honestly cried!

Haha yeah i know how you feel, That couldnt have been anymore perfect as an opener and it wouldnt have the same effect if they played it at any other time during the show.
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Yeah I never thought it would be something they would play as an opener, maybe because it closes the album, but it fitted so well at the beginning. I love the song even more now if that's possible :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    it felt to me like the whole crowd was just waiting to explode
    at "how i choose to feel"
    with 4 belters to follow it was perfect opener
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    I might be a bit biased as this is slowly taking over as one of my favourite tracks on the album but I thought it was a great opener, the intro is a real slow-burner, really built up the anticipation nicely, then the band appeared on stage & started singing & it built from there :D
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...