******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:
    Croos1226 said:
    Look like the Birds are hiring Florida OC Brian Johnson as their quarterbacks coach. Good luck sir! He seems to have a pretty impressive resume so far, hopefully it can carry over to the pro ranks.

QB of the undefeated Utah team that smacked down bama in the 2008 sugar bowl. that was sweet.
    Utah is one of Wob's 13 different college football teams. 
    #truth
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

The guy could end up being a great coach but that is a rough way to start.  Sounds like a total fool.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    Did they just hire a kindergarten teacher as HC?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    your new coach’s presser today was not confidence inspiring.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited January 2021
    Wobbie said:
    your new coach’s presser today was not confidence inspiring.
    Agreed....but neither did Doug 5 years ago. So, yeah....Go Birds!!!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    BwwwwHahahahahahahahahhaahh
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I think the other part of this is once the head coach is younger than me (and we're getting pretty damn close!) I think I'm out on sports.
    Hahaha.  Why?
    That is a crack up.  One of the things I looked forward to about being old was watching sports with my kids or grandkids.
    And....being a dirty old man.  Obviously, the jig is up on that one.  Time took care of that. 
    Least I can still watch sports.
    Looks like a Wentz trade could be imminent. If there is one thing Howie has done well at over the years it's gotta be in this realm. Hopefully the haul Detroit got works to the Birds' advantage.

Crazy that the top two picks in that draft might both be traded in the same week or so
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Looks like a Wentz trade could be imminent. If there is one thing Howie has done well at over the years it's gotta be in this realm. Hopefully the haul Detroit got works to the Birds' advantage.

Crazy that the top two picks in that draft might both be traded in the same week or so

Who are they meant to trade him to?

Who are they meant to trade him to?
    Don't know. Just seeing that they've received "aggressive offers" and that something could happen soon. Supposedly Chicago is interested. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Interesting, thanks.
    edited February 2021
    Also, chicago signing him and keeping Foles as back up.....Wentz going down heading into playoffs and foles leading to Super Bowl would be amazing 
    Also, chicago signing him and keeping Foles as back up.....Wentz going down heading into playoffs and foles leading to Super Bowl would be amazing 
    Ha...be funny if Foles is let go and comes back here as a back up too.

I bet your Niners might be one of the teams inquiring too....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yeah, I think it'll be Indy, but would love Chicago with Foles there. Indy just makes too much sense.

Good episode of BwF talking about all this:

https://youtu.be/7y8-zBx8uC0

No way!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

No way!
    Cousins or bust for the Niners.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

No way!
    I can't stand reading the stories of Kyle's love for that bozo....but I think he does love him.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    if they don't get a QB of equal or higher value then trading Wentz would be a dumb move.  You don't trade a starting quality NFL QB if you don't get one back. 
    They are fine rolling with Jalen - I am not reading anything on The Athletic that makes what you are saying a part of their supposed approach.  Draft a QB is anything, or stockpile picks for next year so they can draft a QB if Jalen doesn't look the part.
    They are fine rolling with Jalen - I am not reading anything on The Athletic that makes what you are saying a part of their supposed approach.  Draft a QB is anything, or stockpile picks for next year so they can draft a QB if Jalen doesn't look the part.
    Yep. That's the smart approach we've been talking in here for a while now. Gonna be rebuilding next year anyway...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:

No way!
    I can't stand reading the stories of Kyle's love for that bozo....but I think he does love him.
    YOU LIKE THAT
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yep. That's the smart approach we've been talking in here for a while now. Gonna be rebuilding next year anyway...
    well yea I mean if the Eagles fans want to make the move it's always the right move :fearful:

If Hurts can't play trading Wentz will be a disaster. 
    edited February 2021
    pjhawks said:
    well yea I mean if the Eagles fans want to make the move it's always the right move :fearful:

lol

Carson Wentz, despite you calling him great in October, was the worst quarterback in the league last year.

But, sure, go ahead and criticize us for correctly sizing him up, and also for correctly predicting that the Eagles would look to rid themselves of him and his terrible contract.  Great takes, 'takes!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

lol

Carson Wentz, despite you calling him great in October, was the worst quarterback in the league last year.

But, sure, go ahead and criticize us for correctly sizing him up, and also for correctly predicting that the Eagles would look to rid themselves of him and his terrible contract.  Great takes, 'takes!
    so you've already decided you are correct? talk about a hot take.  What if he goes somewhere and plays like he did in 2017?  will you admit you were wrong then? I mean you still haven't admitted you were wrong about Andy Reid so I suspect not.

#okletstrusteaglesfans
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

lol

so you've already decided you are correct? talk about a hot take.  What if he goes somewhere and plays like he did in 2017?  will you admit you were wrong then? I mean you still haven't admitted you were wrong about Andy Reid so I suspect not.

#okletstrusteaglesfans
    Not what I said.

Also....this puts you at about a 6.5. Not bad. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

lol

#okletstrusteaglesfans
    Not what I said.

Also....this puts you at about a 6.5. Not bad. 
    So I guess you disagree with my notion that if they trade Wentz it will be a disaster if Hurts can't play?  If you don't disagree then why you giving me shit? or do you just like being richard?
    Being Richard.  :rofl:

Obviously if they shed themselves of the worst QB in the league and all of the sudden he figures out how to be accurate, how to read defenses, and how not to get hurt, it will look bad for them.