Options

Anyone in the US heading to Europe this June?

KartsKarts Posts: 116
edited January 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
I am looking to take two weeks off work to head to Europe for a string of PJ shows. I'm not so concerned which two weeks as long as it includes London (which it would have to).

Alas, I know no one crazy enough here to do something so rightfully insane, so am wondering if anyone else from out here is planning on this, and perhaps to trek the two weeks either by rail or the van if it happens...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeAStarBeAStar Posts: 61
    I'm working on the travel plans! My best friend lives in Europe (and is huge PJ fan like me) so we'll definitely be hitting some shows! I was lucky enough to go visit her last year (August) and we went to several PJ shows then - it was a blast!

I don't know if I can make it for the London show since we're definitely going to Copenhagen and I want to go to the Nijmegan and Belgian shows as well...we'll probably drive to most of the shows (NotCopenhagen!) since she has a car there...
    nothing comes from nothing
  • Options
    BeAStar wrote:
    I'm working on the travel plans! My best friend lives in Europe (and is huge PJ fan like me) so we'll definitely be hitting some shows! I was lucky enough to go visit her last year (August) and we went to several PJ shows then - it was a blast!

I don't know if I can make it for the London show since we're definitely going to Copenhagen and I want to go to the Nijmegan and Belgian shows as well...we'll probably drive to most of the shows (NotCopenhagen!) since she has a car there...

ME, PJPIXXIE, AND Mrhodeshouse (matt) are doing the last 6 shows of the tour and looking for people to make our ten day trip a bit more cost effective....and of course this would work for the other people going in with us as well. All we know for sure so far is that we are leaving the 20th of June (into Dusseldorf) and coming back and 30th....anyone who wants to travel with us, stay with us, anything with us let us know. we are close to renting a car but we dont know what size car to get quite yet. so ya, there is our sales pitch. trust me, you wont be dissapointed!!!!

******I FORGOT TO ADD THAT WE MISSED OUT ON THE TEN CLUB COPENHAGEN TICKETS IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXTRAS TO SPARE!! :)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    be nice to meet some of you folks over here... bring cheerleaders with you though!!! erm, some of the blokes here like cheerleaders... yeah, freaks I know but what can you do... their friends after all :rolleyes:

:o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    as of right now....london. i am hoping for more UK dates to be announced, otherwise may strongly consider dusseldorf and nijimen, maybe werchter altho i am not fond of festivals......but will simply have to hope i can scrounge up a 10c ticket later as i will only buy london tix monday. may possibly be traveling with barbara again....or simply leave it with london only....we'll see. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Yeah me and my sister are planning on going Lisbon through London skipping Katowice and Vienna. We are just gonna be winging it and traveling from city to city hanging out, taking in the culture and the sights and seeing a whole lot of Pearl Jam! So, if anyone wants to meet up or travel with us that would be cool. We are 19 and 20, but we are summer birthdays so basically 20 and 21 by then :). So if you dont mind a little younger crowd we're pretty fun people I'd say.

Edit: If there is a better 10-14 day run than Lisbon through London than let us know. We definitely want to include London in our trip though and we also already obviously missed out tickets for Copenhagen. What are they best places to travel for a first time Europe visitor?
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    My mom and I will be in Italy in June, but it won't be a PJ related trip. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I am sorting out my schedule with my boss next week.

Hopefully I can do it.

Karts wrote:
    I am looking to take two weeks off work to head to Europe for a string of PJ shows. I'm not so concerned which two weeks as long as it includes London (which it would have to).

Alas, I know no one crazy enough here to do something so rightfully insane, so am wondering if anyone else from out here is planning on this, and perhaps to trek the two weeks either by rail or the van if it happens...
  • Options
    My plans as of now are

Arrive in London on the 11th. go to Munich > Poland > Vienna > London.
    Leave London on the 19th.

Ill probably be solo if anyone out there wants to try and share some expenses.
  • Options
    Anyone have a private jet?
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    Im doing Nijmegen and Werchter festival for now, I hope some new dates will be added. If somebody has 2 sats avalable for the drive frm nijmegen to werchter let me know.
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter