***The SEINFELD TRIVIA Thread***

Comments

• ^
    I don't know. B?
    I was going to say "D+" for some reason. 
    "Hey Fatso, I got a 90 in biology."

From the non-fat yogurt episode where they're arguing whether the yogurt having melted would affect the test results. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jerry was trying to buy a "Wizard" organizer for his father, but was sold a "Willard" organizer by who?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693
    Jerry was trying to buy a "Wizard" organizer for his father, but was sold a "Willard" organizer by who?
    Was it Bob Sacamano??
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    ^
    I don't know. B?

From the non-fat yogurt episode where they're arguing whether the yogurt having melted would affect the test results. 
    Kramer’s subtle fat jokes in that episode were hysterical 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • GlowGirl said:
    Jerry was trying to buy a "Wizard" organizer for his father, but was sold a "Willard" organizer by who?
    Was it Bob Sacamano??
    Very close. It was Sacamano’s father down in Florida. There’s actually a deleted scene that shows Jerry meeting him. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    ^
    I don't know. B?

i was thinking about this the other day...there's actually a lot of gags in seinfeld that wouldn't play out in today's culture. we know we've gone off the deep end if seinfeld would be considered offensive. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

^
    I don't know. B?

i was thinking about this the other day...there's actually a lot of gags in seinfeld that wouldn't play out in today's culture. we know we've gone off the deep end if seinfeld would be considered offensive. 
    You are right. I think about it often, actually, when watching the show. You can pick out certain things in just about every episode.

And I wonder if there will be some crazy blowback once it starts airing on Netflix next month and more people start watching it again. They stopped airing the Puerto Rican Day Parade episode like twenty years ago because people complained. 

WITH THAT SAID....you can say the same thing for a lot of episodes of The Office and that has been on Netflix for years so maybe it won't be a big deal. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    ^
    I don't know. B?

You are right. I think about it often, actually, when watching the show. You can pick out certain things in just about every episode.

And I wonder if there will be some crazy blowback once it starts airing on Netflix next month and more people start watching it again. They stopped airing the Puerto Rican Day Parade episode like twenty years ago because people complained. 

WITH THAT SAID....you can say the same thing for a lot of episodes of The Office and that has been on Netflix for years so maybe it won't be a big deal. 
    SEINFELD IS COMING TO NETFLIX????
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

^
    I don't know. B?

SEINFELD IS COMING TO NETFLIX????
    Yep! And it will be available in 4k. I think it starts January 1st
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Actually I am not sure if its the first of the year or later in the year. But it is 2021 at some point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Actually I am not sure if its the first of the year or later in the year. But it is 2021 at some point. 
    well I know what I'm doing for the rest of the winter. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited December 2020
    ^
    I don't know. B?

I'll say this, I don't find the George bald jokes as funny as I once did....now that I'm bald. 

I'm happy that Seinfeld aired in the 90's. I'd watch it, and for the most part, love what I just watched. And even in the few occassions where I wasn't into an episode, there was always next week. I wouldn't want it to be like today where people are live-tweeting during a show, dissecting every last line, writing reviews of every episode, etc. 

Imagine the Finale airing today. It's polarizing enough from a comedic standpoint, but remember the fat guy getting robbed and all of them making fat jokes ("There goes the money for the lypo…"). Imagine how THAT would go over in today's PC world. 

#CancelSeinfeld

To which Jerry would tweet "Cancel us? We just had our series finale! You're a little late on that one!"

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    ^
    I don't know. B?

I'll say this, I don't find the George bald jokes as funny as I once did....now that I'm bald. 

I'm happy that Seinfeld aired in the 90's. I'd watch it, and for the most part, love what I just watched. And even in the few occassions where I wasn't into an episode, there was always next week. I wouldn't want it to be like today where people are live-tweeting during a show, dissecting every last line, writing reviews of every episode, etc. 

Imagine the Finale airing today. It's polarizing enough from a comedic standpoint, but remember the fat guy getting robbed and all of them making fat jokes ("There goes the money for the lypo…"). Imagine how THAT would go over in today's PC world. 

#CancelSeinfeld

To which Jerry would tweet "Cancel us? We just had our series finale! You're a little late on that one!"

that's precisely the segment that got me thinking. however, in a way, they all went to prison for it, so the show somewhat demonized them for that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited December 2020
    ^
    I don't know. B?

#CancelSeinfeld

that's precisely the segment that got me thinking. however, in a way, they all went to prison for it, so the show somewhat demonized them for that. 
    That's true but you know how some people are today. Even plots like George's girlfriend that needed a nosejob might be slammed today for being superficial. Maybe lack of diversity too, as none of the characters girlfriends/boyfriends were ever black, except that one Elaine boyfriend where the plot centered around her trying to figure out whether he was black or not. 

A few things off the top of my head that wouldn't go over well with uptight people today....

-Making light of suicide ("What's with these people that attempt suicide, fail, and then stop trying? Has their life gotten better? No. In fact, they've found one more thing they're not good at.")

-Jerry drugging his girlfriend to play with her toys. The New York Times would probably have an editorial saying it perpetuates rape culture or something.

-Kidnapping a dog, dropping an air conditioner on a dog, yelling at an unruly dog (Farfal), stomping pigeons in the park (WE HAD A DEAL!), cockfighting

-The Outing. It was celebrated by the gay community at the time. But now, even the "Not that there's anyting wrong with that" disclaimer wouldn't save them. It'd be two guys that are going to great lengths to show they're not gay and that would upset people. 

-"Get a good look, Constanza?" at Russell's teenage daughter's cleavage. 

And probably way more that I can't think of right now. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    ^
    I don't know. B?

#CancelSeinfeld

That's true but you know how some people are today. Even plots like George's girlfriend that needed a nosejob might be slammed today for being superficial. Maybe lack of diversity too, as none of the characters girlfriends/boyfriends were ever black, except that one Elaine boyfriend where the plot centered around her trying to figure out whether he was black or not. 

A few things off the top of my head that wouldn't go over well with uptight people today....

-Making light of suicide ("What's with these people that attempt suicide, fail, and then stop trying? Has their life gotten better? No. In fact, they've found one more thing they're not good at.")

-Jerry drugging his girlfriend to play with her toys. The New York Times would probably have an editorial saying it perpetuates rape culture or something.

-Kidnapping a dog, dropping an air conditioner on a dog, yelling at an unruly dog (Farfal), stomping pigeons in the park (WE HAD A DEAL!), cockfighting

-The Outing. It was celebrated by the gay community at the time. But now, even the "Not that there's anyting wrong with that" disclaimer wouldn't save them. It'd be two guys that are going to great lengths to show they're not gay and that would upset people. 

-"Get a good look, Constanza?" at Russell's teenage daughter's cleavage. 

And probably way more that I can't think of right now. 

you're right, however, the counter-argument to that is that the show's entire premise is that it centres around 4 highly selfish and shallow big city individuals, and, as noted in the finale, they are all incredibly flawed individuals. 

of course, that's after 9 years of shows like that, so of course if we were in the throes of season 5, that argument couldn't yet be made. 

now that we're talking about this, I seem to recall Jerry being on letterman or some late night show where the host brings this conversation up, and jerry admits they never could have done the show today. so I guess my thought wasn't all that original after all. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yeah I really do not think the show would even be able to be on tv in today's environment. Especially NBC. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited December 2020
    Yeah I really do not think the show would even be able to be on tv in today's environment. Especially NBC
    Yeah I agree. Whereas NBC was the a perfect home for Seinfeld and The Office in their times, now, I think they'd have to be on something like FX like Always Sunny is. 

Speaking of NBC, look at SNL these days. They don't really go hard at celebrities anymore. Almost as if they're all on the same team and they don't want to upset anyone. I remember a 1992 episode hosted by Jason Alexander where they did a sketch called "The Woody Allen Fan club" and they KILLED him over his alleged pedophilia. I mean they just fucking killed him. Highly recommended sketch. (You can find every SNL on the Peacock app, and it has this sketch, though not all episodes are complete and it doesn't have the musical performances). But over the last ten years? Where was the Louis CK sketch? Or the Harvey Weinstein sketch? I don't recall any. There was a quick one-liner from Keenan as Bill Cosby in the 40th anniversary show, but nothing more. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Yeah I really do not think the show would even be able to be on tv in today's environment. Especially NBC
    Yeah I agree. Whereas NBC was the a perfect home for Seinfeld and The Office in their times, now, I think they'd have to be on something like FX like Always Sunny is. 

Speaking of NBC, look at SNL these days. They don't really go hard at celebrities anymore. Almost as if they're all on the same team and they don't want to upset anyone. I remember a 1992 episode hosted by Jason Alexander where they did a sketch called "The Woody Allen Fan club" and they KILLED him over his alleged pedophilia. I mean they just fucking killed him. Highly recommended sketch. (You can find every SNL on the Peacock app, and it has this sketch, though not all episodes are complete and it doesn't have the musical performances). But over the last ten years? Where was the Louis CK sketch? Or the Harvey Weinstein sketch? I don't recall any. There was a quick one-liner from Keenan as Bill Cosby in the 40th anniversary show, but nothing more. 
    in some instances making fun of these situations is seen as causing more harm to the victims. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Yeah I really do not think the show would even be able to be on tv in today's environment. Especially NBC

in some instances making fun of these situations is seen as causing more harm to the victims. 
    How the times have changed since "The Woody Allen Fan Club" sketch. Or Monica Lewinsky for that matter. I mean, really, she was the victim there. Yet she was the butt of a thousand SNL and Jay Leno jokes. It probably wouldn't be the same now. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    I just left a voicemail at work for someone named Robert Kolb.

Was soooooooooooo tempted to refer to him as "Maestro." Hope he calls back. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    I happened to know people called him maestro in social situations.  One time I was at a bar and he came in someone said "hello maestro, how about a beer?" so that's a fact, ok?
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited February 2021
    Ahh my favorite Tenor! And those two other guys....

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    In “The Puffy Shirt,” Jerry famously claims “But I don’t wanna be a pirate!”

He repeats the line in a different episode, “The Mom and Pop Store.”  What doesn’t he want to be in that episode?

Bonus:  who else doesn’t want to be a pirate?
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    edited March 2021
    vant0037 said:
    In “The Puffy Shirt,” Jerry famously claims “But I don’t wanna be a pirate!”

He repeats the line in a different episode, “The Mom and Pop Store.”  What doesn’t he want to be in that episode?

Bonus:  who else doesn’t want to be a pirate?
    But I don’t wanna be a cowboy!

I do NOT know the bonus, however.

EDIT: Was Kramer who else doesn’t want to be a pirate?
    Post edited by ymalkiel on
    ✌🏼❤️
    In the episode “The Strongbox” Jerry and Kramer have to dig up their neighbor’s dead bird because he had eaten the key to Kramer’s strongbox. Jerry needed to get something out of the box. What did Jerry need to get out of the box, and why did he need it?
    edited March 2021
    GlowGirl said:
    In the episode “The Strongbox” Jerry and Kramer have to dig up their neighbor’s dead bird because he had eaten the key to Kramer’s strongbox. Jerry needed to get something out of the box. What did Jerry need to get out of the box, and why did he need it?
    His Jerry Lewis cufflinks, so he had a reason to strike up a conversation with him. Not that he needed the cufflinks, he already had a good reason to strike up conversation. The same name: Jerry!

Some bonus questions:

What was the bird's name?
    What did Kramer have in the strongbox?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    GlowGirl said:
    His Jerry Lewis cufflinks, so he had a reason to strike up a conversation with him. Not that he needed the cufflinks, he already had a good reason to strike up conversation. The same name: Jerry!

Some bonus questions:

I know they referred to the bird as Fredo (but don't know if that was the actual name). I can't remember what Kramer had in the strongbox. I just remember him hiding the key all over Jerry's apartment.

• ymalkielymalkiel Posts: 129
    GlowGirl said:

Some bonus questions:

Wasn’t one of the things Kramer had in the strongbox his dishonorable discharge from the army?
    ✌🏼❤️
    He was weak and stupid. 
    chinese-happy.jpg