The Pizza Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Half Italian beef and giardiniera. Wow

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    edited January 2021
    ^ whoa...(what you drinking with it @bbiggs)

Post edited by RK50065 on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Hells yes guys!! Loving the look of that thin crust Chicago pizza Biggs!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Spot on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    Half Italian beef and giardiniera. Wow

That looks fantastic.  I love a good italian beef/giard pizza but holy shit the next day is brutal....pun intended.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    That's the money shot, Ted
    McGruff with a pepperoni pie!  That's not something I remember seeing.  Looks great bud.  Your pizzas always look dynamite.
    bbiggs said:
    McGruff with a pepperoni pie!  That's not something I remember seeing.  Looks great bud.  Your pizzas always look dynamite.
    I skipped the plain and had three slices of the pepperoni! 
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    I skipped the plain and had three slices of the pepperoni! 
    Atta boy! It’s delicious
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    IMHO, straight pepperoni is hard to beat.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    For sure top 2, for me.  A great Sicilian gets number #1.  That being stated, a slice of Pepperoni is much more reliable.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    mcgruff10 said:

Those look damn good.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Wobbie said:
    Yep.  Just keep it simple with straight up pep.  Anything more than 2 toppings on a pizza is too much.
    Wobbie said:
    Yep.  Just keep it simple with straight up pep.  Anything more than 2 toppings on a pizza is too much.

I find this with homemade pizzas, but some places I have had the supreme or something that looked hideously stacked with stuff and it tasted really good.  With that stated, I tend to stick to your rule.  Pepp and olives is also a frequent choice.
    Wobbie said:

I find this with homemade pizzas, but some places I have had the supreme or something that looked hideously stacked with stuff and it tasted really good.  With that stated, I tend to stick to your rule.  Pepp and olives is also a frequent choice.

Yeah it just gets so sloppy when you have 3-4 toppings on there.  The idea of a supreme with sausage, mushroom, green pepper and onion sounds great, but it's just too much.  And those always turn out gross when you re-heat it the next day....veggies on pizza do not re-heat well.  Having said that, one of my personal favs is bacon and onion...but rarely get that since I'm the only one in the family who would eat it.

Wobbie said:

Yeah it just gets so sloppy when you have 3-4 toppings on there.  The idea of a supreme with sausage, mushroom, green pepper and onion sounds great, but it's just too much.  And those always turn out gross when you re-heat it the next day....veggies on pizza do not re-heat well.  Having said that, one of my personal favs is bacon and onion...but rarely get that since I'm the only one in the family who would eat it.

Yeah agree on that.  Reheating a loaded pizza never works for me.
    For a re-heat gotta go with plain.
    Pep I usually eat cold.
    No more than one topping on a pie for me.  Anymore and it is just too busy, l like tasting the individual flavors on a pizza. 
    Agree with a lot of the posts above about 2 toppings or less.  That's the limit.  I actually like sausage over pepperoni, but I do love a good pep pie.  If I do pep, that's it.  Nothing more.  If I do sausage, it's usually with green pepper or giardiniera.  Had italian beef recently, but that's a rarity. 
    Wobbie said:

Green or black?

bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:

Green or black?

Either - typically go with black but love pretty much all olives.
    bbiggs said:
    Wobbie said:

Green or black?

Either - typically go with black but love pretty much all olives.
    Same.  Black on pizza, but could easily go green.  Haven't met an olive I don't enjoy.

edited February 2021
    double post....
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    Olives are one of the very few foods that doesn’t agree with my palette.  When I lived in Spain they literally served them with every single meal. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Olives are one of the very few foods that doesn’t agree with my palette.  When I lived in Spain they literally served them with every single meal. 
    I imagine living in Spain would be tough for someone that doesn't enjoy olives.  Very cool you got to live there though! 

bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I imagine living in Spain would be tough for someone that doesn't enjoy olives.  Very cool you got to live there though! 

Good thing you had all of those beautiful Spanish ladies to distract you.
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Thread integrity...:)

(inner) half with extra cheese?

Kidding, I would chomp that.
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Good thing you had all of those beautiful Spanish ladies to distract you.
    This would be true. ;)
    Local spot emailed this to me today. No better way to wow my wife than with a heart shaped pie for V Day 😂