7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    gonna be a strange year.  My Hawks opening up with a brutal schedule. Auburn on Thanksgiving, Kansas the next day then at Nova on Monday of Thanksgiving.  Imagine going to be a lot of games cancelled and re-scheduled though.  First time in over 30 years I won't be attending any Hawks games this year.  Hawks should be much  better than last year.  2  transfers who were former 4-star recruits in the backcourt. Daly  back. Funk back and healthy.  More depth this  year.  Tough non-conference schedule and top of A10 is really good though.  
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    nice win by Nova the other day against Georgetown, They looked pretty bad in the first half
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    nice win by Nova the other day against Georgetown, They looked pretty bad in the first half
    Georgetown is awful though.  Nova's problems so far are defensively.  They can be beat off the dribble and have no depth inside.  If Robinson-Earl gets in foul trouble or injured they are in trouble.  They have some nice depth on offense though. Can't focus on any one player to defend them.

Love what Billy Lange is doing with the Hawks. Play anyone anywhere.   Played Auburn and Kansas then had to shut down for covid.  Added a game at Tennessee after they play Drexel later this week.   Really like what he has done with the roster.  3 big guard additions this wear with Greg Foster Jr., Damir Bishop and Jordan Hall.  Those 3 are going to be really high level guards in the A10.  Lots of length on perimeter. Setting the program up for a lot of success down the line.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Dahmir Cosby-Roundtree being out hurts Nova's depth inside. I'm thinking Jay Wright may work Eric Dixon in more as the season progresses. 

I haven't seen St. Joe's play yet. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Another nice win for your Villanova Wildcats on the Main Line last night. Number 600 for the big 5's greatest coach ever as well.

CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Another nice win for your Villanova Wildcats on the Main Line last night. Number 600 for the big 5's greatest coach ever as well.

CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    Looks like Hawks-Nova Saturday night now with Virginia game cancelled for Nova.  Of course looks like the Hawks will be short-handed agai with at least 2 guys possibly missing the game.  
    pjhawks said:

CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    Looks like Hawks-Nova Saturday night now with Virginia game cancelled for Nova.  Of course looks like the Hawks will be short-handed agai with at least 2 guys possibly missing the game.  
    good luck
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:

CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    Who might be out?
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:

CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    CATS WIN
    Who might be out?
    Myles Douglas is definitely out.  Playing Drexel tonight and heard that possibly both Taylor Funk and Greg Foster Jr. might miss tonight's game. Funk with another hand injury and Foster with a concussion.  Can beat Drexel without Funk and Foster maybe but need them against Nova to have any shot.   
    ^^^OK, thanks.^^^

Caught the end of the 2nd-Half of the St. Joe-Drexel game. Bishop didn't score a point in 25 minutes?  He was inconsistent in HS when I saw him play.

Does SJ have a True point guard?
    cutz said:
    ^^^OK, thanks.^^^

Caught the end of the 2nd-Half of the St. Joe-Drexel game. Bishop didn't score a point in 25 minutes?  He was inconsistent in HS when I saw him play.

Does SJ have a True point guard?
    Greg Foster Jr, but he was out with a concussion. He’s really good too. Transfer from Gonzaga. Down 3 of our top 8 at least through Christmas. Only Hawks could have two week pause for COVID and come back for just a few days and lose two more guys to injuries. Got either the Eagles luck or their doctors.  Cam Brown and Myles Douglas also out with Foster. 
    Bishop picked up two early fouls and never seemed to get into game. He was pretty good against Auburn and Kansas. Team much improved with everyone available but that doesn’t look like that is going to happen anytime soon. All they can’t freaking lose to Drexel. Now have nova and Tennessee next, will be 0-5 with losses to 3 top 10 teams. 
    ^^^Well, now I know why it looked like SJ didn't have a PG. I guess they don't have a decent backup?

Tough breaks for SJ with some tough teams to play. Not a good combo.
    Jay Wright tests positive for COVID-19
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Jay Wright tests positive for COVID-19
    Yea that sucks. Hope his only is mild and doesn’t have any issues. I saw that maybe a second coach on staff also tested positive but haven’t seen that confirmed.
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    One of the few stud players in the area I haven't seen play. Friends who've seen him play like him.

The rich get richer
    Like I said, one of my friends said he's really good and he has a reason to know.

I see Nova in the running for 2 Point Guards for the '21 Class. BOTH are very good and Local (Philly & Reading)

I'd like to see them get the shooting guard (Trevor keels) from Paul VI (VA.)
    Diggins from Wood makes his decision on Sunday. Seems like nova likes a few others Over him but who knows.  Stevie Mitchell to Temple?
    Thanks, as I didn't know Diggins was giving his Verbal on Sunday. Not sure but I think Nova offered later than Florida but that doesn't always mean anything. Maybe Gillespie is in his ear>HA. We shall see tomorrow.

I've only seen Stevie Mitchell play a couple of times but I think that would be a great Get for Temple. Nova may like him more than Diggins? 
    The word I'm getting from my friend is, he thinks Diggins will Verbal to UCONN. He was right on Longino.

We shall see .
    Yea Hawks message board seems to think Diggins is a UConn lock.   Mitchell's parents both went to Temple and his mom played ball when McKie was there so there are some ties there.  
    Wish he stayed Local:

Man, if Nova gets this player it may be the #1 Recruiting Class? I can't remember , but I think Nova, Duke and another school is his final 3.

edited January 2021
    I saw him play a few times last year. He has all the potential to be an NBA player.  If not, he'll make money Overseas. 

Patterson to Join Wildcats For Second Semester

Rutgers Prep standout will be on board on Jan. 25

VILLANOVA, Pa. – Trey Patterson, who signed a national letter of intent to attend Villanova in November, will enroll for the 2021 spring semester at the University after recently graduating from Rutgers (N.J.) Prep. Villanova's spring semester begins on Jan. 25 and Patterson will officially be added to the 2020-21 roster at that time.

Patterson, 6-7, is currently listed at No. 33 in the ESPN Top 100 for the Class of 2021. The forward averaged 19.7 points per game while helping his team post a 27-2 record in 2019-20. His parents, Antoine and Shamona Patterson, played college basketball at St. Francis (Pa.) and Seton Hall, respectively.

"We're really excited that Trey has decided to join us for the spring semester," stated Villanova head coach Jay Wright. "He's an outstanding student who made graduating early a priority so that he could be with us.

"Trey's a talented player and bringing him onboard will help our team immediately. This will also serve as a great springboard for him into next season."

The Wildcats, ranked No. 3 in the Associated Press Top 25, returned to practice from a COVID-19 pause on Thursday. They are aiming to resume their 2020-21 schedule Tuesday night at Finneran Pavilion against Seton Hall.

Post edited by cutz on
    I remember when folks thought Nova was doomed when the Big East split up back in the day. Lol.....

The rich get richer yet again...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I remember when folks thought Nova was doomed when the Big East split up back in the day. Lol.....

The rich get richer yet again...
    in hindsight the breakup of the Big East was the best thing that ever happened to Nova.  Instead of being the 5th best program in the league they became king of the hill and the programs that left have become almost irrelevant.  They've become the number 1 destination for Philly/NJ area guys now.  And have a nice place in the MD/DC/VA recruiting area as well.  Leaving the Big East has killed recruiting for teams like Syracuse and Pitt in this area. It's still a bit sad to see what has become of the likes of those teams that have left the Big East.  UConn has at least taken steps back to prominence with getting back in the Big East with Hurley as coach.
    RIP Coach Chaney.  One of the best of all time. Wasn't always a fan of his personality and did not like how it ended but the man an amazing coach.
    Man on man...I realize they went up against the Fab Five (twice?) but it's hard to believe those early 90's Temple teams didn't make at least one final four. They had 4 NBA players on all those teams!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Man on man...I realize they went up against the Fab Five (twice?) but it's hard to believe those early 90's Temple teams didn't make at least one final four. They had 4 NBA players on all those teams!
    Different era. Golden age of college hoops back then. Guys stayed around and teams were older and stacked.  I think the only Temple team that would have been favored in an elite 8 game was the 1988 team that was #1, with Macon as a freshman, that lost to Duke.  I think they lost to a stacked Carolina team too.  I'd have to look up who else they lost in the Elite 8.  17 NCAAs in 19 years though was an incredible run. 
    pjhawks said:
    RIP Coach Chaney.  One of the best of all time. Wasn't always a fan of his personality and did not like how it ended but the man an amazing coach.
    RIP

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    you Philly guys dominate this forum.

RIP, John Cheney.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Visited temple on a soccer recruiting trip back in the day. Got to watch a bit of a basketball practice. Was cool to see him in action 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Visited temple on a soccer recruiting trip back in the day. Got to watch a bit of a basketball practice. Was cool to see him in action 

did you have the requisite metrosexual soccer haircut, back in the day?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16