The Golf Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Weird thing to say when mad about a putt.  I will string about 5 curse words in a row when I shank a shot but that one isn’t one of them.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Weird thing to say when mad about a putt.  I will string about 5 curse words in a row when I shank a shot but that one isn’t one of them.
    Remember when Reed did it a few years ago after not getting a putt there, but yeah, not something that should just roll off the tongue that easy these days 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    no PGA at tiger’s buddy’s place.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Wobbie said:
    no PGA at tiger’s buddy’s place.
    That hurts him pretty badly I bet.   
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Has anyone watched the Tiger doc on hbo yet? Watched the second part last night. Knew they were going in depth with his downfall. Didn't realize how in depth they would get. Makes you really appreciate the come back even more so after watching though.

And if you haven't seen it yet, without spoiling it, here is the best part: "THE FUCK YOU DO."

chinese-happy.jpg
    I've seen the first part.  Basically destroyed his dad.  Didn't really feel like we learned much of significance that we didn't already know.  I think you get a better appreciation of how abnormal Tiger's youth was and how difficult it would be for him to be a normal person socially as an adult. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I've seen the first part.  Basically destroyed his dad.  Didn't really feel like we learned much of significance that we didn't already know.  I think you get a better appreciation of how abnormal Tiger's youth was and how difficult it would be for him to be a normal person socially as an adult. 
    I watched it as well and agree with all of this.  Good summary of Episode 1.  Earl was a different kind of guy for sure and truly believed his son was a God-like figure that would change the world.

Ruh roh.  Another back operation.
    Super curious where that Master's is going to rank on all time sporting events.  Where does it compare to 86?  86 probably has to be above it, all things considered.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

so difficult he couldn’t do it.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Has anyone watched the Tiger doc on hbo yet? Watched the second part last night. Knew they were going in depth with his downfall. Didn't realize how in depth they would get. Makes you really appreciate the come back even more so after watching though.

And if you haven't seen it yet, without spoiling it, here is the best part: "THE FUCK YOU DO."

Watched both parts this week.  I thought it was pretty well done.  I always knew Earl was intense but holy shit.  Tiger was a real dirtbag in his personal life but he didn't have much chance of being normal with that upbringing.  The 2019 Masters win is absolutely incredible...he had no idea if he'd ever play golf again and then comes back to win the Masters at 43.  Insane
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I love having pga tour live on when working from home. Can't believe it's already Torrey Pines week. The Masters will be here before we know it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Lol Reed still be cheating 
    The pros are all pampered.  
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Yeah, I didnt think you could touch from tee to green..Call an official
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Yeah, I didnt think you could touch from tee to green..Call an official
    He could have talked to playing partner too. 

Faldo and Finch hitting him hard,  for golf. 
    Never heard of this rule before.  Players making it sound pretty normal.  He wasn’t trying to hide anything.   Rory did the same thing without a rules official so I think this is all overblown.  

Pros can find so many ways to get out of bad shots.
    edited January 2021
    I should stop watching.  Just want to play golf.
    Never heard of this rule before.  Players making it sound pretty normal.  He wasn’t trying to hide anything.   Rory did the same thing without a rules official so I think this is all overblown.  

Pros can find so many ways to get out of bad shots.
    It's because Rory called over his playing competitor,  according to the pros. It's not about whether he broke the rules.  PGA said he didn't.  Evidently he broke the code. 
    I heard the announcer say yesterday that Adam Scott switched a new shaft in his driver and gained 15 yards on the driver.  

The pro-game is already jacked up without Reed’s little mistakes.  Almost makes it more interesting to watch.
    edited January 2021
    Planned a golf trip this summer.  Four days, three nights, one ferry ride across Lake Michigan.

Day 1:  Arcadia Bluffs (Michigan)
    Day 2:  Blackwolf Run (River) and (Meadow)
    Day 3:  Whistling Straits and their now 10 hole course
    Day 4: Erin Hills

According to Golf Digest we’ll be knocking out 4 top 100 US courses.  A long wait for July.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Planned a golf trip this summer.  Four days, three nights, one ferry ride across Lake Michigan.

Day 2:  Blackwood Run (River) and (Meadow)

According to Golf Digest we’ll be knocking out 4 top 100 courses.  A long wait for July.  
    That's nice.  

I have a three day weekend end of Feb in Naples. Two country clubs and Tiburon Black,  which is insanely unfair. 
    edited January 2021
    mrussel1 said:

According to Golf Digest we’ll be knocking out 4 top 100 courses.  A long wait for July.  
    That's nice.  

I have a three day weekend end of Feb in Naples. Two country clubs and Tiburon Black,  which is insanely unfair. 
    That will be awesome.  I would be buying a couple dozen cheap golf balls to bring with. And only a month away.  
    mrussel1 said:

That's nice.  

That will be awesome.  I would be buying a couple dozen cheap golf balls to bring with. And only a month away.  
    Yeah I have a dozen tru soft for that course. The country clubs will be much friendlier and i'll hit a box of Tp5x's. I switched to them this past year and like them so far. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Cool golf trips for you both. I like the idea of doing golf trips somewhere warm when its cold at home, but when I’ve done them in the past I end up golfing poorly because I’m not getting any reps at home. Golf trips during season when I’m playing regularly end up going a lot better (at least the quality of golf). 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Cool golf trips for you both. I like the idea of doing golf trips somewhere warm when its cold at home, but when I’ve done them in the past I end up golfing poorly because I’m not getting any reps at home. Golf trips during season when I’m playing regularly end up going a lot better (at least the quality of golf). 
    That is true.  Find a heated range to get some swings in ahead of time.  
    Every time they show this Ortiz dude I think it’s Jordan 
    Every time they show this Ortiz dude I think it’s Jordan 
    I agree 100%.
    bbiggs said:
    Completely agree.  Although I was able to play two weeks here in Richmond.  After the storm today, that's probably it until late March/April.