Portland Protests

13»

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Seems like a fun place. I can’t believe it’s still going on. Why can’t they get a handle on it? 
    Shithole city I guess...I sure as hell am not going to vacation there any time soon.  There was a time when I wanted to visit the city, but that has long passed.

That's to bad. PJP, because it's really not at all a shithole city.  All that protesting happened in one area of the city.  As a whole, it's a beautiful and interesting place to visit.  Why heck, just Powell's Books alone makes it worth the trip.  An entire city block of used books!  Some great neighborhoods with a very neighborly feel.  And some of the best music instrument stores I've ever been in.  I wouldn't judge the place by what the media shows you.  It's a very limited picture.
    Maybe you’re right.  To be honest, though, I try to stay out of cities on my vacations these days.  I would much rather see the Oregon coast or the mountains than anything Portland has to offer.  I like checking out more than checking in these days :)

He's right. The protesting is contained to very small areas. Lately it's been directly in front of the ICE building. Most of the summer it was in front of the federal courthouse and occasionally in front of two Portland Police buildings.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    edited January 2021
    still?