Pissing in a cup
    So he doesn't walk away on life

Sitting on the sidewalk piss
    Digging deep in the abyss
    The lost life

Sitting on the sidewalk piss
    Eyes beautiful and blue 
    Choosing life

*Congrats Nancy. My big sis just hit the big 2 0, as well. She's a year and half ahead of me for both birthdays!

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Thanks guys, & congrats to all of you for being sober right now. Moment to moment, day to day... doing our best...during a challenging year & now the holidays. We can all do it, ODAAT.

@hedonist You are exceptionally lucky to have a firewalker, I am so happy for you,  it must be a special journey. 😘

My bottom was on going & I was living a 'normal ' life while slowly falling apart. I couldn't do it anymore,  none of it, my career, my marriage, my responsibilities,  I was suddenly terrified to live my life.   I was dealing with the onset of depression & panic, which I then had no name for except AHH!!  And at the same time my increasingly constant drunkenness. 

That's part of my story, as deep as I wish to go right now. But it was an incredibly crucial change of my entire life. Wow, that was the beginning of two years of hell.

I've been dealing with fear a lot & it brings me back to when panic creeped into my life. Thank God I'm not using because that is one seriously ugly mix. I don't want to use, but outing my fear is important. Thanks for letting me tell on myself!

I did not go for my scan. I know I need to but COVID is bad here & I've been at home since March. I'm scared. I'll let you know when I actually go. Thanks for being my cyber home group. 

Love to you all....and comfort & joy! ✌
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,449
    First comes awareness then action.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    njnancy said:
    Thanks guys, & congrats to all of you for being sober right now. Moment to moment, day to day... doing our best...during a challenging year & now the holidays. We can all do it, ODAAT.

@hedonist You are exceptionally lucky to have a firewalker, I am so happy for you,  it must be a special journey. 😘

My bottom was on going & I was living a 'normal ' life while slowly falling apart. I couldn't do it anymore,  none of it, my career, my marriage, my responsibilities,  I was suddenly terrified to live my life.   I was dealing with the onset of depression & panic, which I then had no name for except AHH!!  And at the same time my increasingly constant drunkenness. 

That's part of my story, as deep as I wish to go right now. But it was an incredibly crucial change of my entire life. Wow, that was the beginning of two years of hell.

I've been dealing with fear a lot & it brings me back to when panic creeped into my life. Thank God I'm not using because that is one seriously ugly mix. I don't want to use, but outing my fear is important. Thanks for letting me tell on myself!

I did not go for my scan. I know I need to but COVID is bad here & I've been at home since March. I'm scared. I'll let you know when I actually go. Thanks for being my cyber home group. 

Love to you all....and comfort & joy! ✌
    You’ll get there, Nancy. I know all about prolonging the necessary out of fear. That we’ve kept sober through all this is a testament to our will, even if getting there takes a while, or a few tries. 

Be well :hug:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    so today marks 1 year for my HS best friend OB. he's been in and mostly out of AA for 35 years.

Its been my absolute honor and joy  to serve him as sponsor. Which I was reluctant to do but he insisted......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    You must really need him.  :) 
  • Options
    tish said:

to be able to do this for someone that close(although we hadnt seen each other for a long long time before reconnecting yr and half ago) is special to me.
    I work with one other guy, a former board member here. A Brit living in Poland.

Each of these trip me out how they came to be and their significance to my sobriety.

humbling and awe inspiring.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said: pop
    tish said:

to be able to do this for someone that close(although we hadnt seen each other for a long long time before reconnecting yr and half ago) is special to me.
    I work with one other guy, a former board member here. A Brit living in Poland.

Each of these trip me out how they came to be and their significance to my sobriety.

humbling and awe inspiring.

Nothing like a strong shot of humility. Good for the soul. 

Bravo to your friend. 
  • Options
    So my childhood friend Dennis( a Pastor without a church) has a podcast as part of his ministry. "From The War Room" this series is titled "Uncommon Spirituality" . I am episode 5. It appears there will be more with me here inn the future.

• Options
    “Addiction begins and ends with pain.”

Ain’t it the truth...
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226

4 years by the Grace of God. 
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options

Rock on.....

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219

Well done.
    If the Dodgers didn't drive you to drink (for both frustration and celebration reasons) over the past 4 years, you can handle anything.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

By your grace too - don't discount the work you put in.  Congratulations.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381

Congrats!
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    Hobbes said:

Congrats!
    TY
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    well done. watch to the credits...

Body Brokers

• Options
    such a short sighted dumbass. wasted a year of possibilities on zoom meetings around the world.......

• Options
    Newcomers meeting "Rule 62" Melbourne Australia......Thursdays 7pm Aus time.  15 hrs ahead of EST.

was different in format than I have ever seen but very interesting in its structure..

• Options
     prayer request. For Tierah. A friend and the wife of my best friend and sponsee Rob O. ,  is in the hospital. heart issues. had a seizure yesterday which led to V fib and a heart attack. appears to have lasted 3-5 hours. waiting now to see the extent of the damage

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,748
    Got it. Sending my best to you and your tight crew. Take care
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    mickeyrat said:
     prayer request. For Tierah. A friend and the wife of my best friend and sponsee Rob O. ,  is in the hospital. heart issues. had a seizure yesterday which led to V fib and a heart attack. appears to have lasted 3-5 hours. waiting now to see the extent of the damage

@mickeyrat

sending good vibes Terah’s way.  I hope the outcome is good.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    I had no idea that was happening tomorrow......

• Options
    XV

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,851
    Well done a true achievement 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Thanks for showing me it works, @mickeyrat.

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,381
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Well done, mickey!
  • Options
     my definition of irony.

drunken pot smoking crackhead is offered and accepts admission to long-term drug and alcohol treatment. 15 yrs ago today.

happy 4-20 everyone!!!!

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,748
    Yep. Ironic!
    Take care