Seth Rogen calling out Ted Cruz on twitter

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
edited January 2021 in A Moving Train
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I totally agree that Ted Cruz is a despicable cretin, but I would never waste my time arguing with him on Twitter.  It's embarrassing enough sometimes the way people argue on a rock band forum, let alone seeing two public figures acting like teenage girls having a cat fight on Twitter. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:
    I totally agree that Ted Cruz is a despicable cretin, but I would never waste my time arguing with him on Twitter.  It's embarrassing enough sometimes the way people argue on a rock band forum, let alone seeing two public figures acting like teenage girls having a cat fight on Twitter. 
    No shit. Yet people gobble it up. And it continues.

Round and round. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I think it is funny 
    I'm not on twitter so only saw it here.   But the idea that an influential senator and a "celebrity stoner" can engage in an insult battle cracks me up 

These two are a couple of fools.

Sadly, one of them is part of our govt.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2021
    So not really a lot of acting going on in Long Shot

Wonder what other parts of that movie were real. :pensive:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    brianlux said:
    I for sure would argue with him on Twitter. But I probably embarrass you here ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:
    I for sure would argue with him on Twitter. But I probably embarrass you here ;)

Naaaahhh!  Have at it, Cincy!

In the right corner wearing red boxers emblazoned with the Trump image, Te-e-ed Cruuuuuuz! 
    And in the left corner in the black and red boxers with the PJ logo, the challenger from the Blue Chip City,  Cincybeaaaarcat!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    So not really a lot of acting going on in Long Shot

Wonder what other parts of that movie were real. :pensive:
    Yeah I admit to being amused by the guy....but he also a big Jimmy Franco buddy.  
    So, there is that.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    someone has to go after cruz. lord knows the media is handling him with mittens.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited January 2021
    Dude For the last time, I’m not checking out your website!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    came across it yesterday. i thought it was fucking hilarious. a respectable government official would just ignore stuff like that, but cruz always thinks he gets the upper hand, when he just makes himself look like a dope. 

social media really is something else. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2021
    brianlux said:
    I totally agree that Ted Cruz is a despicable cretin, but I would never waste my time arguing with him on Twitter. 

Also:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I know I've done it, many of us have done it, but I'm sorry, when you're a public figure and you tweet things over and over like "fuck you", "you stupid fuck", and "Dude just stop this is sad [sic]", you come across as a person with a weak vocabulary and limited intelligence.  Doesn't mean I don't agree with him about Cruz (I do!), but Rogen's tweets leave him looking like someone with limited creativity and intelligence.  For that matter, all of the people in these tweets sound like high school kids arguing in the cafeteria. 

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    brianlux said:
    Rogan's got nothing to lose though...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    brianlux said:
    I know I've done it, many of us have done it, but I'm sorry, when you're a public figure and you tweet things over and over like "fuck you", "you stupid fuck", and "Dude just stop this is sad [sic]", you come across as a person with a weak vocabulary and limited intelligence.  Doesn't mean I don't agree with him about Cruz (I do!), but Rogen's tweets leave him looking like someone with limited creativity and intelligence.  For that matter, all of the people in these tweets sound like high school kids arguing in the cafeteria. 
    i've seen rogen go after people like cruz before, and i think his passion gets the best of him, and he also just doesn't seem to give a shit what people think of him. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    i've seen rogen go after people like cruz before, and i think his passion gets the best of him, and he also just doesn't seem to give a shit what people think of him. 

I honestly don't know much about the guy, and for me, his tantrum tweeting doesn't inspire much curiosity.  I guess he's a big star somewhere.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    brianlux said:
    Exactly how I feel. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited January 2021
    Everyone should treat Cruz and his ilk the same way Rogen treats him on Twitter.

Good for him.
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I honestly don't know much about the guy, and for me, his tantrum tweeting doesn't inspire much curiosity.  I guess he's a big star somewhere.
    he's actually quite famous. LOL. mostly stoner comedies. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Both Rogen and Cruz are famous and rich because of their personalities. Their careers just happen to allow them to portray who they really are as people. Unfortunately for the country, Cruz's position directly impacts us all. I can just choose to ignore stoner Rogen's movies if I want.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Both Rogen and Cruz are famous and rich because of their personalities. Their careers just happen to allow them to portray who they really are as people. Unfortunately for the country, Cruz's position directly impacts us all. I can just choose to ignore stoner Rogen's movies if I want.
    Very true.

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    brianlux said:
    I remember reading an article about some dickhead scientists that were trying to link cursing with higher intelligence. I am sure you could google that shit to see if it holds any truth. Sorry, I just don't feel like trying to link a fucking article right now.
    dignin said:
    Everyone should treat Cruz and his ilk the same way Rogen treats him on Twitter.

Good for him.
    I agree.  I don't think it ruins his argument against Cruz cause he curses.  That's the kinda bullshit that gets us in trouble...instead of worrying about substance of the thought/idea, we worry how it was said.  It's twitter....he's no politician.  And for that matter cheerleading an insurrection deserves hanging....it's much worse than using the word fuck. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    JW269453 said:
    brianlux said:
    I remember reading an article about some dickhead scientists that were trying to link cursing with higher intelligence. I am sure you could google that shit to see if it holds any truth. Sorry, I just don't feel like trying to link a fucking article right now.

Well, I for one fucking think shit-fucking cursing is indeed a very fucking damn sign of a shit hell of a pissing goddamn lot intelligence!

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    brianlux said:
    JW269453 said:
    brianlux said:

Well, I for one fucking think shit-fucking cursing is indeed a very fucking damn sign of a shit hell of a pissing goddamn lot intelligence!
    Well said, Einstein!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2021
    I would say linking cursing or not to the intelligence of the person in question is irrelevant.

Ted Cruz for obvious reason is dumb. And have zero problem supporting fascism. 

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It's not the cursing that Lux is talking about, it's the lack of substance and wit to those comments....I agree, he can do better.  A professional comedian should be firing back some witty fuckin retorts.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    They’re both the same exact personality.  Hilarious that neither sees that.