Options

Please help stop the murdering of Sea Lions and Seals

Hope this is the correct forum for this.
Please sign the petition! This petition was started by the group Coextinction. 
More info can be found here: 

I’ve come to ask my 10c friends for some help in stopping these senseless murders in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Under the Trump administration, the Marine Mammal Protection Act has been changed to allow this to happen.

Our mammal friends are being targeted and murdered while doing what they are naturally supposed to do, find food - to prevent loss of salmon populations. It has already been scientifically proven that these murders will do nothing to help the salmon. The dams are the part of the problems as well as destruction from humans, overfishing by commercial operators, and industrial and farming pollutions amd poisons. IMO this is all because of greed from these corporations. They care only about their profits, and always have their fingers ready to misdirect blame.

These pinnipeds are among the most intelligent creatures and deserve to live their natural lives.

Me, as the small guy, can’t do much, no one will listen and is very difficult to find the proper channels that will give a chance and listen. Some effort has been made by Sharon Young- senior strategist for marine wildlife at the Humane Society and the group Coextinction. 

I’ve come here because the PJ fan club has always been a place with fans with deep respect for each other, our planet, and our little friends, and I know someone here can be of some help. The ocean and its many inhabitants mean a whole lot to me, and I’m hoping there are others here that feel the same, and maybe we can find a solution to this, at the least, spread some awareness.
Previously known as Elzar

Comments

• Options
    Wait a few more years and see if the Salmon population comes back then the law cancels itself.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    I'm for the  protection of the oceans and sea life and restoring the balance.  We support Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and I boycott eating any marine life.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    brianlux said:
    I'm for the  protection of the oceans and sea life and restoring the balance.  We support Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and I boycott eating any marine life.
    Thank you for your support!
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    ZAPPER said:
    brianlux said:
    Thank you for your support!

Happy to do so!  Thanks for standing up for sea mammals!

I would like to see the salmon population return as well.  That starts with ceasing to over-fish and removal of dams tho inhibit natural spawning.  Let nature do her thing!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.