The coronavirus

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2021
    23scidoo said:
    Ofc shitty humans are gonna destroy nature even more..

... eating meat causing these enormous disasters and keeping the collective human empathy score of roughly a - 1,000,000  isn't enough it seems. We have to have the masks turn into the new "finding used condoms out in the weirdest places".

Give me a phedophile-esque lone village away from the rest of society to live in for us people who don't treat animals like shit. With an air of a Wes Anderson movie. Throw in a Bill Murray character as the mayor. Have Pearl Jam play at the christmas parade.

No people wanting to take over the capitol allowed. But hey, I guess 99,9% of them are meat eating mask throwers.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    23scidoo said:

... eating meat causing these enormous disasters and keeping the collective human empathy score of roughly a - 1,000,000  isn't enough it seems. We have to have the masks turn into the new "finding used condoms out in the weirdest places".

Give me a phedophile-esque lone village away from the rest of society to live in for us people who don't treat animals like shit. With an air of a Wes Anderson movie. Throw in a Bill Murray character as the mayor. Have Pearl Jam play at the christmas parade.

No people wanting to take over the capitol allowed. But hey, I guess 99,9% of them are meat eating mask throwers.
    I love these can’t-miss opportunities to educate the meat-eating heathens.

Excellent work, SC; some of your finest.

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    make sure the vaccine or any meds you take are animal free...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    23scidoo said:

This is really sad.  As the pandemic wears on, more and more I'm seeing masks on the ground along the walking path we have been taking every day to try to keep in shape.  And that's just one path in this semi-rural part of the state.  There must be millions of these things lying around.  Normally, I would consider collecting trash along the walk, but who wants to pick up someone's discarded mask?   It begs these questions, "Why the fuck are there so many of these things lying around?  Why are people not using washable cloth masks?"

The other way in which the environment is taking a big hit is with more plastic and paper being discarded every day.  I can't imagine how many Styrofoam, cardboard, and plastic boxes, as well as paper napkins, and plastic utensils are going in the trash these days.  Hundreds of millions?  Billions? 

And just when people were starting to get on board with bringing their own reusable bags to the grocery store, almost no one does that any more.  How many billions of plastic and paper bags are now being used one time?  BILLIONS.  We take cloth bags with us and put them on the lower part of the cart and ask the cashier to just scan the items in the cart.  After paying, I move the cart aside and bag my own stuff so they don't have to handle my bags.  No big deal.  Is this to much for most people to do?  I don't think so. 

It's fucking awful what we are doing to the planet. 

And then one day we'll ask that famous David Byrne question:  "Well, how did I get here?"

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    23scidoo said:

What is "phedophile-esque" ??
    That really doesn't sound good.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    rgambs said:
    23scidoo said:

Afraid to google it huh? 
  • rgambs said:
    23scidoo said:

I thought that
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited January 2021
    Editing because I don't want to mess with S_C's version of a better world.
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2021
    I, for one, only wear a washable mask...but I am not going to stop eating meat in the foreseeable future.  If that makes me a heathen, so bee it :bee:
    I have a couple T-bone steaks thawing as we speak :)
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Don't we already have at least a couple vegan vs meat threads?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited January 2021
    brianlux said:
    Just a couple.  
    Just out of curiosity, is anyone having to actually pay for these vaccines out of their own pocket or through insurance?  Not having to here, but is that universal?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Just a couple.  
    Just out of curiosity, is anyone having to actually pay for these vaccines out of their own pocket or through insurance?  Not having to here, but is that universal?
    No cost to me or my insurance. Universal, is my understanding.
    edited January 2021
    Hobbes said:
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Just a couple.  
    No cost to me or my insurance. Universal, is my understanding.
    Cool, I know there was speculation in the beginning that some were going to have to pay, but hadn’t heard any chatter either way lately.  Saw that TX was the first to reach 1 million vaccinated, and we are getting about 5000 new vaccines in every couple of days.  I keep reading that some places are still trying to figure out how to distribute them efficiently, so evidently TX is doing something right...finally, ha 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    Just a couple.  
    It’s funny (or not?), but paying for it never even entered my mind. I just figured I’d pay for it myself and that those unable to do so would have assistance.

I shall consider this my “duh” moment of the day 😀
  • rgambs said:
    23scidoo said:

Dont the US have like desolate villages in like Florida where they have cinvicted fellons etc are being forced to live?

That but the opposite - workshops with Greta Thunberg every thursday night, vegan buffets, no corona virus AND FREE ALKOHOL. 

on tram now. with mask. still scary. this spring is gonna suck. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    rgambs said:
    23scidoo said:

Dont the US have like desolate villages in like Florida where they have cinvicted fellons etc are being forced to live?

That but the opposite - workshops with Greta Thunberg every thursday night, vegan buffets, no corona virus AND FREE ALKOHOL. 

on tram now. with mask. still scary. this spring is gonna suck. 
    No, we don't have anything like that lol
    Is that something in Sweden?  Or are you just thinking Snake Plisken is a real person?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    So by next week will start seeing the MAGA protesters coming down with C19 symptoms! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    ^^^In the article in this Tweet, it mentions that one of them has the Virus^^^

• Meanwhile 

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • I’m getting the first dose of the vaccine tomorrow. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    For those who have been vaccinated - do you know which one you got? Was anyone given a choice or was it more a matter of “this is what we have”? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I’m getting the first dose of the vaccine tomorrow. 
    For those who have been vaccinated - do you know which one you got? Was anyone given a choice or was it more a matter of “this is what we have”? 
    Good for you Ledman and Often I received the Pfeizer vaccine I’m do for my 2nd dose next week! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Moderna, I'm in between doses. 
    No choice, our county health department got Moderna only.
    There was no question about insurance or payment.  
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Pfizer, here. No option given. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited January 2021
    No description available

Those are the rules for our province which is divided by zones. I think our zone has 1 in the hospital  and 55 active cases at the moment. We are going red in a couple of days. Happy schools will remain open for now. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • I’m getting the first dose of the vaccine tomorrow. 
    Good for you Ledman and Often I received the Pfeizer vaccine I’m do for my 2nd dose next week! 
    I’m actually not sure which one I’m getting. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Thanks for the info, guys!

Article suggests that poor mental health/depression/loneliness might somewhat impair the immune response to the covid vaccine, based on prior research on immune response to other vaccines. This may be mediated through the neuroendocrine system. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
This discussion has been closed.