Anyone else missing the old Synergy board?

13»

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    Wow, an old post about an old board, resurfacing this evening.  The original post came about just before the world changed.  I had plans to meet up with my PJ buddies (each and every one of them I met via the PJ boards) to see PJ in LA; was hoping to meet @hedonist for the first time after having been board buddies from Synergy for years.  Still have my PJ tickets; my airline tix is good till 12/31/2021; lets hope we can make this happen in 2021.  Stay safe everyone.
  • Adi TAdi T New York City Posts: 148
    It was different.  Merch was not front and center.  The band was a lot more active.   Those two topics alone account for much of the complaining here the past ten years.  

We freaked out about things like “does parting ways mean the band is done??”   

Good times
    I remember being really worried about parting ways being their last one. Damn. Good old times. I used to be a ton on TSIS. For some reason can’t get into the RM forum anymore.
    2003: Camden 7/6 | MSG 7/8 | MSG 7/9
    2006: East Rutherford 6/1 | East Rutherford 6/3
    2008: MSG 6/24 | MSG 6/25 | EV Solo Newark 8/7
    2010: MSG 5/20 | MSG 5/21
    2011: PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/3 | PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/4
    2012: EV Solo Orlando 11/27
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18 | Brooklyn 10/19
    2015: Central Park 9/26 | Mexico City 11/28
    2016: Fort Lauderdale 4/8 | Miami 4/9 | New Orleans 4/23 | Philadelphia 4/27 | MSG 5/1 | MSG 5/2
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wow, an old post about an old board, resurfacing this evening.  The original post came about just before the world changed.  I had plans to meet up with my PJ buddies (each and every one of them I met via the PJ boards) to see PJ in LA; was hoping to meet @hedonist for the first time after having been board buddies from Synergy for years.  Still have my PJ tickets; my airline tix is good till 12/31/2021; lets hope we can make this happen in 2021.  Stay safe everyone.
    I hope the LA shows happen when it’s (finally) safe!

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but anyone remember when McCready was posting in the forum?  Very cool to see that he was a regular Joe and seemed pretty down to earth. 
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    hedonist said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but anyone remember when McCready was posting in the forum?  Very cool to see that he was a regular Joe and seemed pretty down to earth. 
    That’s because Mike mccready is a badass MOFO
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:

I think I remember that term being floated around :lol:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I have no idea what my username was, but I was on there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

I think I remember that term being floated around :lol:
    Yeh it was a long thread. I reckon it got revived on the pit in the early days, but it’s best work was pre 2003.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    I remember joining the old forum in 2003 or early 2004.  I'm pretty sure Roger Daltrey was my account name back then.  I think that was right after the Synergy site?  
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    On the 2nd page, there's a post about Stone owning Loosegroove Records.

Even back then, the annual singles were continually late...it's so odd that they have various degrees of their own record companies/labels, but never produced them in-house until the last two.

And with them being the last two, there's no hope of them being rectified and produced in-house.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    hedonist said:

Yes I do remember that.