What is your favorite kind of football to watch?

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
edited January 2021 in All Encompassing Trip
A lot of football going on this weekend?  What is your favorite kind?
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

What is your favorite kind of football to watch? 21 votes

College (NCAA)
14%
markymark550drakeheuer14lmckenney24 3 votes
Professional (NFL)
66%
pjhawksintodeepmcgruff10Ledbetterman10The JugglerIndifference71MalrotheeriepadaveF Me In The Braintempo_n_groovergambsSmallestOceansMeltdown99Glorified KC 14 votes
Football is what Americans call Soccer
19%
lastexitlondonBLACK3523scidooWest Coast Dreamgirl 4 votes

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Professional (NFL)
    Tough one ...the thing that gives the criminal league the nod is that when my team sucks I still can enjoy watching cleveland play jacksonville....and with college ball I generally don't watch two shitbag never won anything teams and enjoy.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Professional (NFL)
    I’m going NFL, because of the pace of play.  I don’t mean that by offenses don’t go fast enough or score enough, but that actually tends to make the game drag out to almost four hours sometimes.  Too many clock stoppages and booth reviews.  It would also help if a game would kickoff at the time it’s scheduled and not 15-30 min after.  Man I feel old complaining about all that.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    College (NCAA)
    I don’t like devoting my Sundays to sports. But I also find ncaa more entertaining. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    edited January 2021
    Professional (NFL)
    Tough one ...the thing that gives the criminal league the nod is that when my team sucks I still can enjoy watching cleveland play jacksonville....and with college ball I generally don't watch two shitbag never won anything teams and enjoy.  
    Sometimes I wonder if I hadn’t graduated from the school with the current worst program in the FBS (Kansas), that I might not feel as crusty as I described above.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Professional (NFL)
    Sometimes I wonder if I hadn’t graduated from the school with the current worst program in the FBS (Kansas), that I might not feel as crusty as I described above.

There is so much to love about college football - and if the question were about attending the games the answer would be 1000% of the time, college.  

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Professional (NFL)
    I don’t like devoting my Sundays to sports. But I also find ncaa more entertaining. 

if you have two teams that are about equal yeah, but then you have some games that are like 70-3 or something
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Football is what Americans call Soccer
    Foot + ball..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Football is what Americans call Soccer
    Only one has a ball that's kicked. I vote that.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Professional (NFL)
    Only one has a ball that's kicked. I vote that.  
    Haha.  I agree the name doesn't match well but in truth, kicking the ball is a part of american football.  (Just not the majority of the time)
    Kick off
    Punt
    Extra points
    Field goals

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Professional (NFL)
    Nfl and it isn’t even close.  I could seriously watch any nfl game, college not so much.  Soccer is way too slow for me with regards to scoring.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    It's a tough call for me.  I'm more vested in the nfl as a bills fan.  I don't have an ncaa team other than the ub bulls, although I like programs and hate others.

Ncaa game is more exciting, mainly due to much different styles of play and also you have disparity in skill levels of players.  Nfl everyone is a thoroughbred athlete.  

Ncaa is a great haven of gambling.  
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    edited January 2021
    Too much of this lol
    although I do enjoy watching the world cup
    Football fans are the most passionate, i’ll give them that

Post edited by erebus on
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Can sometimes also be very boring

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    College (NCAA)
    I usually prefer collegiate athletics over professional athletics.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Professional (NFL)
    I don't watch sports, but when I did as a youngster, I always preferred pro sports...the parity and the higher level of competition is...better 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Professional (NFL)
    college football is the same teams every year and those teams are just too good for the rest.  that makes it kind of boring.  i had zero interest in last night's championship game.  The NFL, especially when your team is good, is much more interesting.   NFL playoffs are great to watch.  Soccer in America is like watching maybe Double A baseball. Just not enough talent.  While European football skill level is insanely good I can't get into the fact that there are no playoffs in the Premier league. Other than relegation what is the point of the regular season if your team is not at the top or the bottom of the league?  Honestly soccer just  seems like one long regular season.  Yea I know they have the Champions league but even that doesn't make sense to me. You were great last season, so you are in this league this season but can have a different team.  Maybe it's the American in me but I want single elimination playoffs to determine 1 champion. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Professional (NFL)
    Definitely the NFL.  Like others have said, I'll watch any NFL game no matter the teams but same can't be said for college.  And the fact that college football still doesn't have a true playoff system makes it hard to take seriously.
    Professional (NFL)
    That game last night was unwatchable.  I had it on in the background for some of the first half and then sat down for about 5 minutes and focused on part of the 3rd quarter and moved onto something else to watch.  i realize this doesn't necessarily generalize all of NCAA football, but I find a lot of the playoff games we have seen since the 4-team playoff has been implemented have been non-competitive.  Alabama may have put up 70 if Devonta Smith doesn't get hurt.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Professional (NFL)
    NFL...however the NFL of 20-30 years was much more enjoyable to watch than the current product. Can same the same for all sports though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg