Options

Barcelona, REAL nightmare (+video ;))

edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Crazy crazy CRAZY motherfuckin security people.
the worst thing i have ever seen. i took a beautiful picture which i will post here later, security guy, maybe 165cm tall, maybe 50kilos of weight and not doing anything. just standing there as a fuckin street clown..

girl down on the ground; not doing anything
my friend faitning out second row; not doing anything
"AGUA, por favor??":not doing anything

worst security i have ever seen, the stadium was oh so hot! crowd pressure even before wolfmother and the security people (three of them, maybe ALL) were SMOKING pot! Then I asked for water again, and he replied to me "hijo de puta!" while giving me his middle finger...

I am glad I stopped the Pearl Jam security guard and talked to him for five minutes. They removed two of the security people, and started handing out water, but they should have had plastic glasses and not pouring in our mouths as if we were young ducks.

anyways, after the first encore the crowd was not pushing THAT much and i could start enjoying the show. I have taken some very nice videos of black and hunger strike from first row, and will post them as soon as possible.

thanks for a great concert fellow fans and to the norwegian guy who i thought was pushing me, sorry i said: "stop fucking pushing" to you, you were just killing my arm, and I should've known that you too were being pushed, so please accept my apology ;) I actually did say sorry there and then, if you remember...

cheers
Roskilde
Astoria
Barcelona
Bologna
Verona
Milano
Torino
Berlin
Athens
København
Nijmegen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options

I am glad I stopped the Pearl Jam security guard and talked to him for five minutes. They removed two of the security people, and started handing out water, but they should have had plastic glasses and not pouring in our mouths as if we were young ducks.

:eek: Again, I am sooooooooooo fuckin thankful for the security at the Point. All of them were so friendly and this really helped to calm the crowd I felt. They were even handing us sweets and stuff and very quick with the water... the only complaint would be that they kept handing it back over me and spilling it all over me :D I was soaked... but probably needed to cool down a bit anyway. I've also heard people say that on occasion, Pearl Jams security did nothing when asked for help and The Points security stepped up.

Wow, but they were smoking weed??? And not helping anyone? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    It was a nightmare - fact!

Still an immense show tho! When I moved back after Corduroy and started to take it all in it really blew me away... better than reading which i didnt think would ever be possible!
  • Options
    This kind of things seems to happen at most shows, the thing is if you want to be at the front it's something I have come to accept.
    Although the security at Leeds were really good and had a laugh with us while we were waiting for them to come on, made a refreshing change.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    This kind of things seems to happen at most shows, the thing is if you want to be at the front it's something I have come to accept.
    Although the security at Leeds were really good and had a laugh with us while we were waiting for them to come on, made a refreshing change.

you are misunderstanding. the pressure was not the problem, that comes with standing in front, but the security was awful, and unacceptable.
    Roskilde
    Astoria
    Barcelona
    Bologna
    Verona
    Milano
    Torino
    Berlin
    Athens
    København
    Nijmegen
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    the security at leeds restored my faith in the whole lot of them! (well a few of them did)

i hadnt originally planned on goin right to the front, so i got my limited edition poster, and put it in a poster tube. problem is, a poster tube is stupid to have when you are getting crushed at the front.

I asked one of the security guys if he could take it down the front til after the show, he just basically said fuck off, then his colleague went to check with the boss, came back, took it for me and put it next to the speakers. He told me to find him after the show, and he even told other security guys to look out for me!:)

after the show, he was goin down the barrier looking for me and found me to give me my poster! i thanked him a lot and him and his mate just said "as long as you remember, we're not all bad"

I was just amazed....feckin legend!
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    you are misunderstanding. the pressure was not the problem, that comes with standing in front, but the security was awful, and unacceptable.

That is what I was talking about, most security (not all) don't give a shit about people, thay aren't security to protect and help people, they just enjoy beating up on people who kick off.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    That is what I was talking about, most security (not all) don't give a shit about people, thay aren't security to protect and help people, they just enjoy beating up on people who kick off.

I don't agree with that but usually they're too busy watching out for trouble to actually be nice to people. You don't expect them to be friendly and helpful... but they were just sooooooooooo nice at The Point. One of them was offering coffee as we stood in the queue :D another handing out sweets to everyone :D another took photos for us as we were against the barrier. They kept us really well informed of everything they knew (which was little) throughout the day. What helped was the crowd though. Everyone was sooo well behaved that they didn't have to get tough. When they were moving us along the queue, I think he was the head security guy threatened that anyone misbehaving wouldn't get a wristband... that seemed to do the trick and that was as 'hard' as any of them got.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    duggro wrote:
    the security at leeds restored my faith in the whole lot of them! (well a few of them did)

i hadnt originally planned on goin right to the front, so i got my limited edition poster, and put it in a poster tube. problem is, a poster tube is stupid to have when you are getting crushed at the front.

I asked one of the security guys if he could take it down the front til after the show, he just basically said fuck off, then his colleague went to check with the boss, came back, took it for me and put it next to the speakers. He told me to find him after the show, and he even told other security guys to look out for me!:)

after the show, he was goin down the barrier looking for me and found me to give me my poster! i thanked him a lot and him and his mate just said "as long as you remember, we're not all bad"

I was just amazed....feckin legend!

I have to agree....although I wasn't down the front for the gig...my drunk missus and mate wanted to go to the front after the gig..I didn't mind...hopin to get a pic or something...but the security dude let the girls over the barrier to have a scout around...took a great photo of us and generally had a good laugh with us.....then the missus decided she wanted to move a 6ft by 6ft equipment box for some reason and he said we were gonna have to move before he got the sack...he was cool :D No pic tho :(

Oh and Dublin security were also very cool ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Security in Antwerp was passing out water most of the time, pretty funny detail was that Mike filled a few of the cups with his own bottle since they were 1/2 full (havent heard that one yet: bummer), but still pretty decent.

Huge bummer was that security told me to put out my cigarette and later my J :mad: it's a rock concert...
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Security in Arnhem were nice enough, but as soon as you asked for water they said: "Go to the bar if you want a drink." Of course, this is after you've queued for 6+ hours to get to the front, they've taken your own water of you, and you've found out you can't afford to spend 10 euros on a "consumption" card that will allow you to buy the 2,70 euro drinks. Bastards!

Thank god for sweets! They don't rehydrate you, but at least they make the awful taste in your mouth go away :D
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    my friend faitning out second row; not doing anything
    "AGUA, por favor??":not doing anything
    next time you can callect the water from the backs dripping of sweat of the people around you.
    Anyway, were the security guards also having a icy fresh beer in front of you all?
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk