41 Year Old Congressman Elect Dies of Complications from COVID19

“He had no underlying conditions” according to Dr G.E. Ghali of LSU Health Shreveport. 

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_87489d82-4a47-11eb-9583-f3e4fa6891c1.html

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    this is insane to me. 41 and no other comorbitities.

i feel bad for the guy and i feel bad for his family. 

but on the same token, he did not wear a mask, did not observe distancing recommendations, held maskless rallies, etc etc. he believed it was nothing to be wary of, and he was absolutely wrong about that. 

i do not want to sound insensitive about it, but if he had done the bare minimum to protect himself his kids would still have a father. he was irresponsible and he found out the hard way.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • this is insane to me. 41 and no other comorbitities.

but on the same token, he did not wear a mask, did not observe distancing recommendations, held maskless rallies, etc etc. he believed it was nothing to be wary of, and he was absolutely wrong about that. 

i do not want to sound insensitive about it, but if he had done the bare minimum to protect himself his kids would still have a father. he was irresponsible and he found out the hard way.
    Attending / holding maskless rallies during a global pandemic... what could go wrong? 

Attending / holding maskless rallies during a global pandemic... what could go wrong? 
    uh, this?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• this is insane to me. 41 and no other comorbitities.

uh, this?
    #sarcasm

uh, this?
    #sarcasm

i know, haha. i was just playing the "straight man". 

I am an actor, you know.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    These are the stories that scare me the most.  I feel like we do pretty good with masking, etc. but is it enough?  

Scary shit
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • These are the stories that scare me the most.  I feel like we do pretty good with masking, etc. but is it enough?  

Scary shit
    According to reports, the congressman elect did not do a pretty good job w/ masking. Was that why / how he got covid? Not necessarily... but if you're holding some mask less rallies / campaign events during a pandemic... you're tempting fate. 
    These are the stories that scare me the most.  I feel like we do pretty good with masking, etc. but is it enough?  

Scary shit
    stories like this are WHY i am meticulous about mask wearing, hand washing, distancing, etc. it is precisely why i have not really left home except for work and necessities since march. people i know are being really lax about things as time goes on. not me. i do not want to become this guy.

• These are the stories that scare me the most.  I feel like we do pretty good with masking, etc. but is it enough?  

Scary shit
    stories like this are WHY i am meticulous about mask wearing, hand washing, distancing, etc. it is precisely why i have not really left home except for work and necessities since march. people i know are being really lax about things as time goes on. not me. i do not want to become this guy.
    This... I snapped at a driver to step the f back from me yesterday at work, as the guy was trying to talk from mere inches away from me. Yeah, we were both wearing masks, but I don't care..... Get the f away from me, people!!!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Sorry for this guy's family but he sounds like a fool.

Wear your damn masks, people, wear your masks. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Scary shit
    This... I snapped at a driver to step the f back from me yesterday at work, as the guy was trying to talk from mere inches away from me. Yeah, we were both wearing masks, but I don't care..... Get the f away from me, people!!!
    they think you could maybe catch it through your eyes, so i am the same way with close talkers. even with masks on.

i guarantee you this guy had close conversations without a mask. 

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814

I've said this before and I'll say it again...While I am uncomfortable with celebration or even "blame" I think this is the kind of story that needs to be shared and the "blame" part of this needs to be a part of that.  Healthy 41-year old doesn't take it seriously and dies. And he was about to become a GOP congressman. Maybe this story will wake a few people up. I cringe when I see people essentially spiking the football over someone's death but I do believe the story of a healthy 41-year-old needs to be shared and if he was defying practices (masks, rallies, distancing, etc.) that really ought to be common sense by now, that's an important part of the story that needs to be shared. And if people come across as insensitive, so be it.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    did they do any contact tracing?

if he got it from an asymptomatic carrier my mind would be even more blown and this would be even more tragic.

• OnWis97 said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again...While I am uncomfortable with celebration or even "blame" I think this is the kind of story that needs to be shared and the "blame" part of this needs to be a part of that.  Healthy 41-year old doesn't take it seriously and dies. And he was about to become a GOP congressman. Maybe this story will wake a few people up. I cringe when I see people essentially spiking the football over someone's death but I do believe the story of a healthy 41-year-old needs to be shared and if he was defying practices (masks, rallies, distancing, etc.) that really ought to be common sense by now, that's an important part of the story that needs to be shared. And if people come across as insensitive, so be it.
    This... the guy had two young kids, I feel bad for his wife & family, I’m in no way celebrating this. 

BUT there’s no reason why this shouldn’t be broadcast as a cautionary tale, no matter how insensitive some people find it.

Our country’s in a bad f’ing spot, and far too many people don’t realize it want to acknowledge it. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I had an appointment with a local investment rep back toward the end of November.  He had called our office and asked to set up a brief meeting with me.  I haven't had many meetings but everyone has been good with masks and we don't sit close, etc.

The guy didn't show up for the meeting.  I didn't think much about it and then a few weeks ago we came across a facebook page called "Prayers for John Doe" (not his real name) and it turned out that the guy was in the hospital with COVID.  Intubated and everything.  He was on a ventilator for two weeks and was touch and go a few times.  He is back home now and is recovering.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

“He had no underlying conditions” according to Dr G.E. Ghali of LSU Health Shreveport. 

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_87489d82-4a47-11eb-9583-f3e4fa6891c1.html

...and nothing of value was lost
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I had an appointment with a local investment rep back toward the end of November.  He had called our office and asked to set up a brief meeting with me.  I haven't had many meetings but everyone has been good with masks and we don't sit close, etc.

The guy didn't show up for the meeting.  I didn't think much about it and then a few weeks ago we came across a facebook page called "Prayers for John Doe" (not his real name) and it turned out that the guy was in the hospital with COVID.  Intubated and everything.  He was on a ventilator for two weeks and was touch and go a few times.  He is back home now and is recovering.

Glad he is recovering.
    My financial guy repeatedly has been asking to visit, in person, for the past 6 months.
    He doesn't get it and while he has taken good care of me it has me looking to move to someone else.
    I hope he doesn't get it or spread it...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    i do not see anybody a gloating or spiking a football or celebrating this.

to take a phrase from the alt right, "fuck around and find out". which is precisely what he did.

i do not see a problem with saying that. it is stating a fact.

• CM189191 said:

2 kids lost their dad & his widow is left to raise them alone.

The guy may have been a moron, but your comment sucks regardless. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    CM189191 said:

meh...they're probably better off without him
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

give your head a shake. holy fucking hell. just because he's on "the other team". how fucking shitty of a person does one have to be to believe something like this?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    edited December 2020
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

give your head a shake. holy fucking hell. just because he's on "the other team". how fucking shitty of a person does one have to be to believe something like this?
    Said it for a long time, I see no difference between this and the insane trump supporters that get ridiculed here on a daily basis. Disgusting behavior either way yet this somehow is acceptable 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Said it for a long time, I see no difference between this and the insane trump supporters that get ridiculed here on a daily basis. Disgusting behavior either way yet this somehow is acceptable 
    disagree. I doubt, if it's seen, it will be considered acceptable. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wow.

Go celebrate, CM. Celebrate well!

This thread gives me the warm fuzzies. 
  • The fuck is wrong  with people. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

disagree. I doubt, if it's seen, it will be considered acceptable. 
    Hope you’re right. Imo ,It is acceptable to some posters here. If a similar comment was made from the opposing standpoint, within minutes , the usual 6-8 people would blast the comment. From my experience, comments like this go unchallenged from those same people. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:

Disgusting. 
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Closed for review.
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.