The Tragically Hip!!!!

Comments

• pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Day 8) some very cool looking  Tragically Hip socks.  Haven’t seen these in their gift shop. 👍👍
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    Day 9) Tragically Hip mug. Picture of Gus the Polar Bear in front of the moon 👍

I can’t post pictures? ☹️
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    I'm sorry, but unless the crate itself is worth $400, this is not adding up.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Gibson said:
    I'm sorry, but unless the crate itself is worth $400, this is not adding up.
    I agree Gibson. We’ll see what the last few days bring but overall it’s like a PJ mystery box and keep your fingers crossed hahahaha.  As for the crates PJ charged a 100 dollars for the LP crate and what 50-75 for the smaller one so these crates should be about 150 - 175 total? hahahaha.

Roberto Clemente.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I’m guessing your crate will improve as you get closer to Christmas. Gotta have a nice autographed piece in there. I’m waiting patiently to hear the rest. Good luck 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i know there's something in there that you can't buy. i guess you haven't gotten to it yet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Day 10) The best smelling vanilla candle I’ve ever smelled.  In a small glass container with a cool Hip logo. That said only 2 days to go :(

Roberto Clemente.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    When you buy a chocolate advent calendar it's all regular candy until the 25th, then you get the big one.  Hopefully you get something epic on the last day.
    Zod said:
    When you buy a chocolate advent calendar it's all regular candy until the 25th, then you get the big one.  Hopefully you get something epic on the last day.
    I like your thinking 😀
    Again not complaining as The HIp has given me more than a crate could accomplish but a Wow gift would be nice hahahahahaha.

Roberto Clemente.
    I assume all crates had the same items. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with item 12. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited December 2020
    got my gord downie hat today. man, that was a lot of money for a hat that won't fit. oh well. I wish i had noticed the fine print that she could have sized it to my actual needs. damn. who knows if I ever would have worn it anyway. Guess I'll just get one of those display mannequin heads for the bar. 

https://lilliputhats.com/collections/the-gord-downie-away-is-mine-collection/products/gord-downie-away-is-mine-collection
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

got my gord downie hat today. man, that was a lot of money for a hat that won't fit. oh well. I wish i had noticed the fine print that she could have sized it to my actual needs. damn. who knows if I ever would have worn it anyway. Guess I'll just get one of those display mannequin heads for the bar. 

https://lilliputhats.com/collections/the-gord-downie-away-is-mine-collection/products/gord-downie-away-is-mine-collection
    Hugh, reach out to Karyn at Lilliput - she seems more than helpful.  I’m still waiting on mine 🤞

Roberto Clemente.
    Day 11) a shot glass. I will have a shot on Christmas in their honor. 

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim said:

Hugh, reach out to Karyn at Lilliput - she seems more than helpful.  I’m still waiting on mine 🤞
    good idea. i just emailed her asking if there's any way to adjust it to make it bigger without ruining it (i have my doubts). but we'll see what she says. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited December 2020
    she said it could be adjusted, but to ship it to toronto and back would be too much on top of the already $230. stupid fucking me not paying attention to the fine print! maybe i could find someone local to alter it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• erebuserebus Posts: 549
    ^
    Drop it off in T.O when you have to pass through on your way to the eventual rescheduled Ottawa show
    would be a shame not to be able to wear something you wanted and payed up for
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    she responded that if there is a cowboy hat maker or hat maker in my city, they'd likely have a stretcher on site, and they should know what to do. if only i had read the full instructions prior to ordering. oh well. she's really awesome to deal with. just in case anyone wants to deal with her in the future. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

she responded that if there is a cowboy hat maker or hat maker in my city, they'd likely have a stretcher on site, and they should know what to do. if only i had read the full instructions prior to ordering. oh well. she's really awesome to deal with. just in case anyone wants to deal with her in the future. 
    Send it to me and I’ll drop it off, pick it up and send it back. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

Day 12). Merry Christmas everyone. 
    Day 12 contained an autographed 7” of Tired as Fuck. Each autograph in a corner of the 7”.  Very cool and I’ll frame it 👍

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim said:
    Day 12). Merry Christmas everyone. 
    Day 12 contained an autographed 7” of Tired as Fuck. Each autograph in a corner of the 7”.  Very cool and I’ll frame it 👍
    awesome day 12. glad you got it!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Awesome!!! Congrats man that’s a great bonus!!
    Amazing!!! 

Roberto Clemente.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• toolietoolie Posts: 388
    I just heard ‘Ahead By a Century’ in a Scotiabank commercial. Have they licensed anything before?? It hit me that I don’t think I’ve ever heard a hip song shilling anything corporate. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    toolie said:
    I just heard ‘Ahead By a Century’ in a Scotiabank commercial. Have they licensed anything before?? It hit me that I don’t think I’ve ever heard a hip song shilling anything corporate. 
    I don't recall, but it's going to be hard on the surviving members of the band and Gord Downie's family.   The bulk of the money made for musical artists now comes from touring.   The hip were big in Canada, but not too many other places.   I imagine they didn't make bank like other artists.   Plus they don't have an international fan based to sell things too.  They'll probably have to be creative with figuring out how to earn a living :(
    Zod said:
    toolie said:
    I don't recall, but it's going to be hard on the surviving members of the band and Gord Downie's family.   The bulk of the money made for musical artists now comes from touring.   The hip were big in Canada, but not too many other places.   I imagine they didn't make bank like other artists.   Plus they don't have an international fan based to sell things too.  They'll probably have to be creative with figuring out how to earn a living :(
    this is exactly why you see a massive uptick in their marketing and merch output. with jake gold back as band manager, I actually predicted this. I fear the upcoming few years are going to be a little uncomfortable for hardcore fans that aren't used to the Hip being marketed this way. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BR2428BR2428 Posts: 118
    Thanks for posting this link. I’ve been interested in hearing that vault series for a while and so far it hasn’t disappointed. 
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    edited January 2021
    Hello! Just a reminder that Day for Night is one of the all-time best "outside it's cold and shitty" albums ever made. It sounds great every day of the year, but it sounds really great on cold and miserable Toronto winter days. 
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022