Options

Toronto Night 1 2016 (Binaural Full Album Show)

2»

Comments

• Options
    JT167846 said:
    on2legs said:
    Just curious... why is this the “rarest” album to do live?
    Because after Binaural, and really for some of these during the 2000 tour, they barely even touched them. Grievance was one of the most commonly played songs... in the 2010s it was played a total of 7 times. That to me a is a waste of the song so important to the record. Evacuation, Rival, Parting Ways have all been played under 30 times total. Sleight of Hand, God’s Dice, Soon Forget are in that 40-50ish range. Especially nowadays. Maybe you’ll get Light Years. I’ve been to 20 shows since 2008 and have seen Breakerfall, NAIS, Insignificance, Grievance and Sleight of Hand. That’s it. If you wanted these songs, this was likely your one and only shot
    I was at Amsterdam in 2014 and night one they did Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years and Thin Air. For a non full album show I'd say that was pretty good.
    Outside of this one show and anything post-2000 I’d say that’s probably the most they’ve ever done from Binaural in one show
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    Fantastic evening.  B)
  • Options
    cockagecockage Posts: 456
    demetrios said:
    Fantastic evening.  B)
    Really a tremendous night.  
    I still think about the power move you made asking the guys in front of us to switch places so I had a better angle to film.  No hesitation.  
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    People who dislike this album are really emotionally not tuned into the world.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    People who dislike this album are really emotionally not tuned into the world.
    What if they like Parting Ways more than Of The Girl?
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited December 2020
    I missed this show due to work changing my vacation time and would have loved to seen this show. Not sure about the full album front to back and the energy in the arena but the songs that never get played on this album would have been amazing to see for my first time. Parting Ways is at the top of my most wanted to see list and would love to catch it someday. 

Also it is nice to see some familiar names talking about Pearl Jam shows and music again. This place has been pretty quiet the last couple of months. Hopefully with vaccine news and possibilities of new shows somewhere on the horizon this forum can be active again. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    PJNB said:
    I missed this show due to work changing my vacation time and would have loved to seen this show. Not sure about the full album front to back and the energy in the arena but the songs that never get played on this album would have been amazing to see for my first time. Parting Ways is at the top of my most wanted to see list and would love to catch it someday. 

Also it is nice to see some familiar names talking about Pearl Jam shows and music again. This place has been pretty quiet the last couple of months. Hopefully with vaccine news and possibilities of new shows somewhere on the horizon this forum can be active again. 
    You never saw ed do parting ways solo?  I think he did he played it each time I saw him (four total).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    cockage said:
    demetrios said:
    Fantastic evening.  B)
    Really a tremendous night.  
    I still think about the power move you made asking the guys in front of us to switch places so I had a better angle to film.  No hesitation.  

Ah yeah!  B)