How has your life changed?

12345679»

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    That's pretty grim, Bri. Thanks for the information about covid-19's impacts on some of the people around you.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    tish said:
    That's pretty grim, Bri. Thanks for the information about covid-19's impacts on some of the people around you.

I definitely know I'm lucky not to be on the front lines, either in the medical field, or in a food producing line of work. 

I have no idea what it's like to work in a hospital and I doubt I would ever have been good at it (other than working Marshall Hospital's health library which I have done), but I did spend a summer working on a farm once years ago.  It was brutal.  But it did give me an appreciation for the hard work field workers do. 

And after I did that, I got to thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea for any kid in high school without good reason not to do so (disability or whatever), to have them spend a summer doing that kind of work.  For two reason- teenagers have tons of energy that could be put to good use and, two, it would give them an appreciation for what goes into putting food on the table. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.