NCAA College Football -

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    mrussel1 said:
    He's old and senile now. He doesn't even know who Donnie and or how he himself arrived at the White House. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Besides, you have to appreciate the guy who fueled the Catholics vs. Convicts rivalry. I mean, it still pisses off Miami 30 years later. And I think pissing off the 'Canes is something we can all appreciate. 
    My final two choices for college were Miami and USC.  Picked California over Florida.
    University of South Carolina is in South Carolina, you giant Cock.
    The real USC.  The thing one puts over their gamecock.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    He's old and senile now. He doesn't even know who Donnie and or how he himself arrived at the White House. 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Besides, you have to appreciate the guy who fueled the Catholics vs. Convicts rivalry. I mean, it still pisses off Miami 30 years later. And I think pissing off the 'Canes is something we can all appreciate. 
    My final two choices for college were Miami and USC.  Picked California over Florida.
    Why does this not surprise me? Smh...
    Hahaha.  Yeah, I get it....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    FINALLY! BYU loses to another mediocre 9-0 team. I knew CC wasn’t much either when they said both teams had beaten mighty North Alabama.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Ohhhh shit...now it's going to get real interesting!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Ohhhh shit...now it's going to get real interesting!
    Well that blows.  They better change the conference champ rules.  OSU has basically a 2 game lead on Indiana.  It would be different if they didn't play.
    Is unfortunate - I can fully understand OSU wanting them to change it and other schools not wanting them to change the rules in-season.
    OSU beat them by a touchdown -- head to head should matter....but I also have to say it would be interesting to see a bunch of different schools battling for a title.

Indiana?  That is hilarious.  When have they been good at football?  Never?! 
    Is unfortunate - I can fully understand OSU wanting them to change it and other schools not wanting them to change the rules in-season.
    OSU beat them by a touchdown -- head to head should matter....but I also have to say it would be interesting to see a bunch of different schools battling for a title.

2 ACC and 2 SEC?  That's not exactly exciting to me. 
    I just saw that Cincy-Tulsa was cancelled due to covid at Tulsa.  Now the bearcats would have great incentive to play Ohio State.  I would not get Ohio State into the conference championship, but a win by either team would have a good chance of getting them into the playoffs.  Easy road trip too.

two conference titles....1945 and 1967.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

two conference titles....1945 and 1967.

Proving my point...fuck your program if you have been in a conference for 100 years +/- and won the conference title 2x.  You fucking suck.  A lot.

Which....would make it fun for them to be in the playoffs.

mrussel1 said:

2 ACC and 2 SEC?  That's not exactly exciting to me. 

I don't care about the conferences but if they put in Indiana I would think that is compelling.  Certainly more compelling than a blue blood who is in consideration at the start of the season for a title more times than not.  I like the idea of an occasional upstart getting in and trying to make noise.  (Bama would likely wipe the field with them on a big stage, I know...)

Also...ND is not ACC, to me.  2020 forced "god's team" to affiliate.  If they had any fucking pull with their god, could they call a halt to the damn death?  I asked The Flying Spaghetti Monster and heard nothing back.   
    indiana doesn’t go to the CFP even if they are conference champs. the committee would rather have THEosu, florida or A&M.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The world is right again.
    Wow! Uh yeah....really nice job pulling out a tough one from UCLA. Nice job dick raincoats. ;)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Rivalry game - we have lost to them with good coaching and players....never mind good players and horrible coaching 
    Down 18 and won.  I'll take it!

edited December 2020
    Rivalry game - we have lost to them with good coaching and players....never mind good players and horrible coaching 
    Down 18 and won.  I'll take it!

Of course you will. Bottom feeder!  =)
    edited December 2020
    Ha!

Sankey and Swinney are two giant fucking turds.

Swinney is making a case that even if ND beats Clemson again that Clemson would belong in the playoff.

Umm, no, Captain Red Ass....if you lose two times to the same team, you think you deserve a chance to play then a third time?  Nope.  No fucking way.  Another two loss team would deserve ahead of them if we use his logic that more games matter.  (Reward the schools in the areas of the country where the powers that be don't really care about the pandemic.)

So fucking stupid.  It would be a travesty if somehow ND beats them two times and then has to play them again.  What would they have left to prove?

My guess:
    Bama
    Clemson
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State

Florida blew it with a tough loss yesterday.  
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    edited December 2020
    Also....it sucks not to be able to play Notre Dame this year.  They are 100x better coached and would likely beat USC by 20
      However...how many times in the storied history of these two powers playing has the underdog won, and messed up the dreams of the other team?
    Doesn't seem like a football season to this USC almun to not play ND.  

I'm fine with the Pac12 decision to hold off games based on everything when they made the decisions they did.

A weird 2020.  We were robbed the chance of Clay Helton being fired!  :lol:

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Ha!

Sankey and Swinney are two giant fucking turds.

Swinney is making a case that even if ND beats Clemson again that Clemson would belong in the playoff.

Umm, no, Captain Red Ass....if you lose two times to the same team, you think you deserve a chance to play then a third time?  Nope.  No fucking way.  Another two loss team would deserve ahead of them if we use his logic that more games matter.  (Reward the schools in the areas of the country where the powers that be don't really care about the pandemic.)

So fucking stupid.  It would be a travesty if somehow ND beats them two times and then has to play them again.  What would they have left to prove?

My guess:
    Bama
    Clemson
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State

Florida blew it with a tough loss yesterday.  
    He's also taking verbal shots at Ohio State,  saying they didn't play enough games.  This guy is going to be the most hated coach in just a few years. 
    two must see games tomorrow....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Tulsa/Cincinnati and Oklahoma/Iowa State? 
    Pac12 = dogshit, again.
    Just like my beloved USC Trojans, and our country, until better leadership is in place the conference and marquee team are going nowhere.
    A joke to even hold a conference championship game when one division doesn't qualify....sending a backup team is something no other conference that takes football seriously would do.

Given that the entire season was a money first bullshit student athlete facade, I think I'm ready to call for USC to sign up the biggest dickhead free agent out there and win.  Pretending it is about anything other than winning is idiotic for any program that played games this year.  Nobody cares about the health of these kids....they don't pay them what they should....it is just gross.
    Kelly calling for a potential boycott of CFP Semi if the families can't go is a great recruiting move, but it is another log on the fire of Football over Pandemic.

Urban Trashfire Meyer for Head Coach.  
    Pay the players.

Fuck it.

Hope we see some crazy games today.

Would be fun:
    ND over Clem Crabby Coach
    Florida over Bama
    Tulsa over Cincy
    Northwestern over OSU
    tenn over A&M

Shit would go crazy.  
    (I expect the opposite in each of those games)

This ought to make some of you fellas feel better.  =)
    Ha.  Relocate away from the Rose Bowl - CFP with the money move.  Nothing else matters!

Scumbags.
    Ha.  Relocate away from the Rose Bowl - CFP with the money move.  Nothing else matters!

Scumbags.
    Money move because they don't want a public fight with ND?
    mrussel1 said:

Scumbags.
    Are you joking?
    Notre Dame wouldn't deny an invitation no matter what.
    All posturing, which is both useful in recruiting and impressive.

I hate the CFP but the idea that they are afraid of ND is laughable.

The reason why it is a money move is obvious.
    They will say it is about a few hundred and then thousands and thousands will attend....well, because it is TX.
    Notre Dame would look past molestation to gain attention .  
    Oh....wait....

Nevermind.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Do we need to have notre dame back in the playoff to watch a blowout when they face a real team?
    So....if Bama and Clemson are in, without any significant debate....

OSU
    ND
    A&M
    OK

These are the teams in discussion for best final 4?
    Sorry but Cincy can't beat these teams, imo
    Going undefeated against as weak a schedule as they have doesn't count enough for playoff.

I still out ND and OSU in.
    (I don't like OSU and I am a ND hater)

mrussel1 said:

Scumbags.
    Are you joking?
    Notre Dame wouldn't deny an invitation no matter what.
    All posturing, which is both useful in recruiting and impressive.

I hate the CFP but the idea that they are afraid of ND is laughable.

The reason why it is a money move is obvious.
    They will say it is about a few hundred and then thousands and thousands will attend....well, because it is TX.
    Meh.  How many people are they letting in? Now you need ushers,  some concessions,  etc.  Stadium takes its cut.  It feels like a rounding error in the NCAA balance sheet. Not a lot money. 
    The amount of eye balls and corresponding ad revenue you lose by putting in A&M because Notre Dame wasn't bluffing seems more material to me.