The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    @RK50065 Hop Butcher just released an IPA collaboration with Perennial.  It's called Thoroughly New and I think Perennial released it last year, so you may have had it.  They're releasing this one as well.  In any case, I know you have some interest in HB so figured I'd pass it on. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Cheers!
    ^ Damn bro, enjoy!! Paradise! 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Damn bro, enjoy!! Paradise! 
    Some good breweries. I normally stick to Maui Brewing or Kona when I'm out here. Kona has an Islands only series that isn't distributed. I stick to that. Be here for a while, but gonna try and ship some. If I can, ill hook you up with a few.
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    bbiggs said:
    @RK50065 Hop Butcher just released an IPA collaboration with Perennial.  It's called Thoroughly New and I think Perennial released it last year, so you may have had it.  They're releasing this one as well.  In any case, I know you have some interest in HB so figured I'd pass it on. 
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll look for it!
    Cheers! 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Canned 1 week ago. Can't get much fresher than that.  

A Chicago brewery I don’t frequently get, but should mix them in more often. They brew outstanding IPAs.

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    bbiggs said:
    A Chicago brewery I don’t frequently get, but should mix them in more often. They brew outstanding IPAs.

Hopefully that finds it way up to Milwaukee!

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    bbiggs said:

Hopefully that finds it way up to Milwaukee!

I don't believe they distribute outside of Chicagoland, but if that changes and it makes it up north, I'd highly recommend giving it a try.

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Whew this has some nice heat to it

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    edited December 2020
    Ókole Maluna everyone!
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
    ^ Glad to see some delicious beers are flowing. Cheers 
    Couple good ones I’ve had recently from Bearded Iris in Nashville.

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    ^Was certainly going to hit Bearded Iris in April, dammit!

^ It’s a must when you go to Nashville. I’m still holding my tickets! 
    Tonight's choices...

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:

That's a really good beer.  Saint Errant makes some great hazy IPAs.  They've been doing some fruited sours lately that have been very good as well.
    Bourbon County anniversary was fantastic.  I heard the birthday is top notch as well.  Nice to see them with a couple variants that are just straight up BA stouts not full of adjuncts.

^ I was happy to see them go with some straight forward BA stouts as well, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get Anniversary or Birthday which were highest on my list.  Looks delicious. It sucks the way Binnys did a lottery this year. I did win the Prop Day lottery but they left those bottles out. I’m intrigued by the mystery beer in the prop day allocation but haven’t cracked it yet. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I was happy to see them go with some straight forward BA stouts as well, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to get Anniversary or Birthday which were highest on my list.  Looks delicious. It sucks the way Binnys did a lottery this year. I did win the Prop Day lottery but they left those bottles out. I’m intrigued by the mystery beer in the prop day allocation but haven’t cracked it yet. 
    Yeah I got lucky with the Binny's lottery so was able to get 1 of each of the variants.  Went on a bit of a hunt black friday and got 2 more bottles of anniversary, another Prop and #4.  It really sucks with covid not being able to go to bars for bourbon county tastings where you can try all the variants.  Hopefully there will be a lot of that in the spring/summer as things start improving.
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah I got lucky with the Binny's lottery so was able to get 1 of each of the variants.  Went on a bit of a hunt black friday and got 2 more bottles of anniversary, another Prop and #4.  It really sucks with covid not being able to go to bars for bourbon county tastings where you can try all the variants.  Hopefully there will be a lot of that in the spring/summer as things start improving.
    That’s awesome. Nice to get a few anniversaries and a birthday. I was in TN so it was Binnys or bust for me with variants. I totally agree about Covid messing up tastings at bars. It sucks. Im very much looking forward to making up for lost time in Spring/Summer hopefully. 

• Vince35Vince35 Posts: 41
    edited December 2020
    2 great english beers. Verdant and Vocation breweries 👍
    Post edited by Vince35 on
    Tonight's opening selection......

Cheers fellas. On my final leg of hawaii only beers.  
    Tonight's starter.....

Another great hazy from Hop Butcher....even my dog wanted some!

^ haha.  awesome.  your dog has good taste.