Official Taylor Swift Thread (Taylor's Version)

Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
edited November 2021 in Other Music
Guys, stop denying it, shes the fucking best. Folklore is one of the best records of the year. Its very National-y.

But also, she just announced ANOTHER record. Its out tomorrow. ft. bon Iver, The National and Haim. madness
Post edited by Tim Simmons on

Comments

• The National and Bon Iver!  Slit wrist music time!

I am interested to see what Bon Iver comes up w this time as that 22 millions album was subpar.

Taylor Swift is a generational talent, yes.  People need to stop hating.  She writes and plays her own music.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    cc: PJ

this is how you do a pandemic.
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134

agreed.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• marjenmarjen CT Posts: 792
    The National and Bon Iver!  Slit wrist music time!

I am interested to see what Bon Iver comes up w this time as that 22 millions album was subpar.

Taylor Swift is a generational talent, yes.  People need to stop hating.  She writes and plays her own music.
    You want to see what he comes up with see exile on folklore it was a brilliant duet.  

Talk about making the most of a terrible year. Write, record and release 2 albums in less then 6 months. And not small albums either over 30 new songs. Plus she is re-recording her entire back library. That’s some work ethic.  

And yeah come on PJ you have some work to do. 
    Taylor Swift has done a better job at keeping us at home than our government has.
  • marjen said:
    The National and Bon Iver!  Slit wrist music time!

You want to see what he comes up with see exile on folklore it was a brilliant duet.  

Talk about making the most of a terrible year. Write, record and release 2 albums in less then 6 months. And not small albums either over 30 new songs. Plus she is re-recording her entire back library. That’s some work ethic.  

And yeah come on PJ you have some work to do. 
    PJ had a solid run.  Lightning bolt was their swansong.  Be thankful for what we did get.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The doc on Disney+ was great
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Taylor is  still building an incredible catalog and capitalizing on opportune moments to ride the wave while in her prime creative years.  An artist of a generation.   PJ did the same during their creative peak and that period passed a long time ago.  
    Her drive is insane. 
    What I find bonkers is, she was hugely popular before I had kids, then 12 years later, shes even more massive and shes still young enough where my kids think she's cool enough to like. 

And she's only 31. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Waiting for the vinyl preorder
    This!!!

hoping it’s half as good as folklore. 
    edited December 2020
    I feel like this is a safe place for us closet TS fans. As a 48 year old male I hide my fandom lol. 
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    Song with the National sounds awesome on the first listen. Last track with Justin Vernon was great too. Will listen to the full album tomorrow 
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    edited December 2020
    marjen said:
    This!!!

I see the evermore CD and vinyl are up on her website. Any idea if they come with a digital download? Or when they will be in stores? Surprising lack of info in that regards.

So, um, what are the top recommendations of her previous albums?
    Post edited by ceska on
    They don't have a DL included. Need to buy that seperate. 
    ceska said:
    marjen said:
    This!!!

So, um, what are the top recommendations of her previous albums?

folklore
    Red are her best

Speak Now is 100% all written by her and is a classic as well. 

Fearless has a bunch of big radio hits too but is more country.
    Thanks! Yeah, I picked up folklore (thanks to the folks on the Ten Target Exclusive thread here!). I will definitely check out your recommendations.
    They don't have a DL included. Need to buy that seperate. 

Thanks for confirming. Guess I will buy the CD and wait to hear the album.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Big fans of T, my daughters are really into her and I've been a fan for awhile. Have struggled to get around her newest record a bit, only because its such a departure, but I'll get there.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I have not listened to either of the new records but I do enjoy her hits.  To me she is the Madonna of the 21st Century without Madonna's behavior.  Like Madonna just a ton of hits that will be around for a long time.  Give her so much credit for writing her own stuff and performing live. Super talented even if not into her music.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Excellent album. I have become a bona-fide TS fan in the past couple of years.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    It might be better than Folklore 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    May 30th said:
    It might be better than Folklore 
    I think Folklore is a little better, but these are put together like two great bookends.
    I'm in the same boat. Folklore has some bigger pop moments, making it a bit more fun. but this album is fantastic. I'd probably put both in my top 10 for the year.
    I think it’s too early to tell. Just starting to get a feel for the new album. At the moment still like folklore more but that could change. 

Also finally received my folklore vinyl today. 
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I bought "1989" on vinyl a few years ago (had to special order at a local record store at the time as it was not readily available) and just ordered two colored versions of Folklore off her website that have already shipped. They were also selling signed versions of her Folklore CD on sale for only $13 so picked up one of those. Only thing I didn't like is that digital downloads are not available on any of the physical purchases but I'll live.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
    quasi said:
    I bought "1989" on vinyl a few years ago (had to special order at a local record store at the time as it was not readily available) and just ordered two colored versions of Folklore off her website that have already shipped. They were also selling signed versions of her Folklore CD on sale for only $13 so picked up one of those. Only thing I didn't like is that digital downloads are not available on any of the physical purchases but I'll live.

Thanks for the tip! Bought an autographed copy too. Surprised they were still available. I thought I read that she dropped random autographed copies into the racks at stores when the last album came out, and that madness ensued in the search for a copy. Could you imagine what it would be like here if 10C sold EV-signed copies of a CD??

Still haven't heard evermore yet. Seems like it will be in stores this Friday?
    correct