Official Taylor Swift Thread (Taylor's Version)

13»

Comments

• Thats why I love pop so much.  More so than any other genre theres a clear dividing line between each album cycle.  New influences, new wardrobe, new visuals.  I love rock, but most rock bands these days its the same album over and over again.  Its boring.  Change it up, maybe!  Tim you had 1989 near the top and this illustrates the point.  I was there in 2012, and a massive fan and heard Red at that time and it blew my mind.  I remember hearing All To Well and thinking this is insane.  And then with 1989, I felt let down, the style was DRASTICALLY different, different production, and influences.  While I like the album, to me her first 4 are untouchable. She's willing to change her style up, and I love that.  Wish more rock bands did that.  I love guitar, bass and drums, but its like, can you maybe tweak it a little, and alter it somewhat from album to album?  

I also think Folklore and Evermore are the definitive 2020 pandemic albums that kids in 30 years that go "Mom and dad, what was it like during the time of Covid?", and kids will study that album for clues just as we did when learning about our parents in the 60's by listening to the beatles and stones and dylan.  Only the kids wont learn about Vietnam, they will learn about Inez and Betty, and Dorothea, and Marjorie.  

• Where does she go from Folklore and Evermore?  What style or sound will she evolve towards?  Does she spend another album cycle in the indie folk style or move on to something else?  
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    edited November 2021
    I think the next album will be spread across a bunch of her producers. Antonoff doing the bigger pop songs, maybe 1-2 with Shellback another 1-2 with Little and 5-6 of the more contemplative stuff with Dessner (if he has time for her - pretty sure the NTL are recording and planning to tour next summer)

Sound wise I'd expect half Lover half Folklore.

• musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    edited November 2021
    Take note peeps, THIS is how you promote, get your music out, and interact with fans.  Incredible.  And its all for a 9 year old album.  As Gary Lightbody said on Insta, most people of her stature would just be sitting home counting their stacks of money.  Her work ethic is unrivaled and thats why she is who she is.  Full 10 minute song on SNL, in addition to the 14 minute short film, 2 plus hours of re-recorded music including what is it 9 vault tracks, a lyric video for each song, and knowing her much more is planned.  Plus that SNL performance was just cool, lets be honest most SNL performances are meh, she had snow and fall leaves, and the short film playing in the back, played guitar, the hair flips are back and had backup singers as well.  Wow.  
    Post edited by musicismylife78 on
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,645
    That performance was really good last night 
  • Tomorrow at 10am, new music video drops.  She wasn’t kidding when she said a lot was planned.  Maybe it’s the video for the vault track with Chris Stapleton, I Bet You Think About Me!  Forgot to say she also was on Fallon and Seth Meyers shows this past week.  This is nuts!  
  • May 30th said:
    That performance was really good last night 
    It really was!  
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    edited November 2021
    Post edited by musicismylife78 on
    So fucking good.
    New record 10/21. 
  • New record 10/21. 
    I CAN'T WAIT

1989 is the BEST album released in the 2010s.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I gotta hand it to E-Mo-Tion 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    New record 10/21. 
    Prolific!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    I gotta hand it to E-Mo-Tion 
    This.
    Speak Now (TV) July 7th