Covid Comfort Foods... List your unusual food items!

SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
edited December 2020 in All Encompassing Trip
We're all it doing I read. (Or, lots of us are.) I'll go first... things I don't usually buy.

-Apple pie and ice cream. I have to eat the whole thing alone, so it's good for breakfast or lunch.
-Turtles chocolate
-Chocolate raisons
-At first it was cheesecake
-Asiago and artichoke dip for chips
-Baking chocolate chip cookies
Post edited by Spunkie on

Comments

• Beer with a small amount of lemon and limeade along with really boiling hot out of the oven vegetarian sausage rolls made from puff pastry with dijon mustard.  I like frozen macaroons straight from the freezer as they taste like they dont need defrosting. I also really like mango and lime flavoured popadom crisps but only have them occasionally as they come in a really large packet so you have to eat them all. We  are enjoying coffee with baileys as a good winter warmer. I love chocolate coated raisins but try not to eat them.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Cannabis and Cannabis edibles...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    ^ that stuff is looking pretty darn good!
    Beer with a small amount of lemon and limeade along with really boiling hot out of the oven vegetarian sausage rolls made from puff pastry with dijon mustard.  I like frozen macaroons straight from the freezer as they taste like they dont need defrosting. I also really like mango and lime flavoured popadom crisps but only have them occasionally as they come in a really large packet so you have to eat them all. We  are enjoying coffee with baileys as a good winter warmer. I love chocolate coated raisins but try not to eat them.
    Mmm i love your baking description. New rule: don't read this thread at night!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Pastina, Mac and cheese or pizza.  :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Not sure what pastina is but mac n cheese and pizza are staples here! 
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    edited December 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pastina is the  tiny pasta for babies 😂
    Italian wives club!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    vodka
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I call it goulash but it is not.

Mahatma yellow saffron rice
    Chicken tenders, pounded thin and grilled or sautéed
    Can of Cream of Celery
    Can of Cream of Mushroom
    Can of Cream of Chicken

Mix cooked rice and chicken w the cans of soup.

Enjoy.
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pastina is the  tiny pasta for babies 😂
    Italian wives club!
    I had never heard of pastina until I started dating my wife.  Italian wives club!!!! lol
    vodka
    Boomerang or leeds?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    mcgruff10 said:
    vodka
    Boomerang or leeds?

Ha.
    I received a Vodka Advent Box from a friend this year.  An excuse to have at least a dram of vodka every day leading up to Xmas.
    My Covid diet has been the opposite -- by far and away the least amount of booze consumed/# of days imbibing in a year since I was 18.  Probably a third as much as normal.  This lined up perfectly with my bench time following the marathon while I try to heal up...
    Some really nice Vodkas, and some crap, thus far.  It is fun to look forward to a new one each night.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    That is super sweet F Me. I wish I had thought of making my mom one with pot and edibles!