Biden vs Trump 2020 - vote now and discuss!

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited December 2020
    Biden
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    The cartoon shows the police on the side of the GOP, and indeed they are. The National Association of Police Organizations endorsed Trump.
    But so are religious leaders,  military,  some business people,  but they aren't represented there.  And certainly people on the far left (probably left of actually voting) were part of riots at some level,  but that's not represented.  

Just how crowded do you want that cartoon to be? 

And I don't think the point of the cartoon involved riots. Perhaps you should draw your own. 
    I'm saying I think the cartoon is wrong.  Those aren't the two sides.  Cartoonists can do what they want, but don't expect me or anyone else not to say... meh that's kind of bullshit. 

Some young girl is holding up a poster that her mom made for her. So that proves it, cops and the kkk are the same thing. Argument over I guess.
    Pretty sure teenagers can make posters... interesting though that you'd ridicule this kid and ignore the FBI report...
    I wasn't ridiculing her. Its hard to judge with a mask, to me she looked like a 2nd grader.
    Still, she is saying cops = KKK.  that is not true. 
    The FBI report said the KKK and cops are the same thing? I didn't see that.

@rgambs has a good point though, it is interesting to see which posts you do & don't respond to. 

What would you like my insight on?
    i find it inaccurate and actually disgusting that people say cops and KkK are the same thing. And people here defend that statement. I stood up against it. I guess you disagree with me and believe they are one and the same.
    if I step away for half a day there’s 100 posts. I usually just skip to the last page, this was like 10th from the bottom.
    i also chose not to add my input if it’s already been said a dozen times. I don’t see a point in jumping on that band wagon if I have nothing new or different to say. Those are usually the 2 reasons I do or don’t respond to a post. Someone sharing a post saying cops and KKk are the same thing, not that there are some bad cops or there needs to be change, but literally said cops are the KKK, and no one disputed that, I found it relevant to dispute that.
    some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses.

you can't say that there are no members of the kkk or other hate groups within the police force. i guarantee you some of them are boogaloo bois  or proud boys. may not be specifically kkk, but basically the same fucking thing.
    no one is saying that. the poster is misleading in that it states that the police and the kkk are the same. that's a pretty disgusting thing to put on a poster and have your kid hold up for a pic in hopes it goes viral, which i guarantee was at least part of the motivation for this. 

Super late to the conversation obviously (just looking at month-old posts right now!), but just wanted to mention that I think the message in the sign is the exact same one that RATM makes with the lyric "Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses." It's a totally valid point IMO, and true, because I don't assume that she or anyone ever means all cops when they make points like this (although if you're in a small enough Southern town, it just might actually be all of them in at least a few cases!).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Biden
    dignin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    so theres talk of fuckstick skippingbtge inauguration and perhaps taking AF1 down to Florida for a rally to announce hid candidacy for 2024. Wouldn't it be fantastic if that did in fact happen and at 1201 or immediately after Biden swears in he orders the plane back to Andrews stranding fuckstick wherever?
    Stranded? He lives there. And has his own helicopters. Dumb comment. And so weirdly obsessed with this guy. Embarrassing for you all. 
    You know what's embarrassing, going on a thread about Trump and complaining that people are talking about Trump.

Some people have weird kicks.
    I disagree.  Every time I go to the "Pearl Jam Please Play Minnesota" thread, people won't stfu about Pearl Jam and Minnesota.  It's so stupid. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    Biden
    mickeyrat said:
    so theres talk of fuckstick skippingbtge inauguration and perhaps taking AF1 down to Florida for a rally to announce hid candidacy for 2024. Wouldn't it be fantastic if that did in fact happen and at 1201 or immediately after Biden swears in he orders the plane back to Andrews stranding fuckstick wherever?

"Here you go, sir. Put this parachute on. Mr. Biden will become president just after noon and if that happens when we're still in the air, we're pushing your ass out."
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Stranded? He lives there. And has his own helicopters. Dumb comment. And so weirdly obsessed with this guy. Embarrassing for you all. 
    You know what's embarrassing, going on a thread about Trump and complaining that people are talking about Trump.

I disagree.  Every time I go to the "Pearl Jam Please Play Minnesota" thread, people won't stfu about Pearl Jam and Minnesota.  It's so stupid. 
    Your logic is sound. You may have changed my opinion on this.
  • mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    mickeyrat said:

So weirdly obsessed with Pearl Jam playing Minnesota... 

Embarrassing for them all. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Biden
    rudy is 1 for 47 in post election lawsuits. 

to put this into perspective, your average american league pitcher that does not hit for himself could get more than one hit in 47 at bats.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Kat said:
    Thanks, now I'm down a YouTube rabbit hole.

https://youtu.be/SU29kUndWwQ
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    I'm sitting this one out
    rudy is 1 for 47 in post election lawsuits. 

to put this into perspective, your average american league pitcher that does not hit for himself could get more than one hit in 47 at bats.
    I’d take the over on HRs if we are talking Shohei Ohtani.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Biden
    dignin said:
    Kat said:
    Thanks, now I'm down a YouTube rabbit hole.

https://youtu.be/SU29kUndWwQ
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Those pumpkins as Serj and Daron, haha!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Biden
    Ga recertifies election after recount.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Biden
    This is sure to piss off the good ole boys....

Biden picks retired Gen. Lloyd Austin to be his secretary of defense, source says https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/07/politics/biden-picks-lloyd-austin-as-secretary-of-defense/index.html
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• A televangelist interviews a nazi, who knew?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Biden
     Conservative nonprofit group challenging election results around the country has tie to Trump legal adviser Jenna Ellis
    By Jon Swaine, Rosalind S. Helderman, Josh Dawsey and Tom Hamburger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/thomas-more-jenna-ellis/2020/12/07/09057432-362d-11eb-b59c-adb7153d10c2_story.html

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Biden
    Garbage suit.  What's more hilarious is that Texas GOP tried to invalidate the drive in voting that was instituted in Houston for the same reason, but lost.  So under the reasoning of the AG, his states votes should be nullified and sent to the legislature for a new set of electors as well.  In other words, his state is not even following the complaint and demand he is imposing on other states.  And this doesn't even get into the lack of standing on the issue to start. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/930365888/federal-judge-dismisses-effort-to-throw-out-drive-through-votes-in-houston
  • mrussel1 said:
    Garbage suit.  What's more hilarious is that Texas GOP tried to invalidate the drive in voting that was instituted in Houston for the same reason, but lost.  So under the reasoning of the AG, his states votes should be nullified and sent to the legislature for a new set of electors as well.  In other words, his state is not even following the complaint and demand he is imposing on other states.  And this doesn't even get into the lack of standing on the issue to start. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/930365888/federal-judge-dismisses-effort-to-throw-out-drive-through-votes-in-houston
    I agree, it's a garbage suit... as I read elsewhere however, although Trump is losing legally, he's winning politically... the amount of people who believe this election was stolen is staggering, and they aren't going to go away. 
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

I agree, it's a garbage suit... as I read elsewhere however, although Trump is losing legally, he's winning politically... the amount of people who believe this election was stolen is staggering, and they aren't going to go away. 
    True but he's winning politically for himself,  not the party.  This will have an effect to suppress the right wing vote,  if anything.  
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah...the idea may be "hey we probably won't actually pull this off" but we can put Biden under such a cloud of uncertainty about his legitimacy that we can make it impossible for him to be successful and make a huge haul in 2022 and have any easy win in 2024.

America first!

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

True but he's winning politically for himself,  not the party.  This will have an effect to suppress the right wing vote,  if anything.  
    hopefully they'll all just stay home if they think it's rigged anyway. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's exactly it
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's exactly it

That might happen. And it's kinda frightening. As much as I'd love to see the Peach State Pandemic Profiteers lose, the idea that GOP voters would let that happen out of spite because of their devotion to Trump could send the party a pretty strong message that Trumpism is their only legitimate strategy to capture votes.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's exactly it

That might happen. And it's kinda frightening. As much as I'd love to see the Peach State Pandemic Profiteers lose, the idea that GOP voters would let that happen out of spite because of their devotion to Trump could send the party a pretty strong message that Trumpism is their only legitimate strategy to capture votes.
    Republicans are far from fucked. Americans however are probably more so.  Rs can’t win elections without the Trumpers at this point, that means they are going to continue pandering and reaching out to them as “mainstream Republicans” tacitly accept the new reality they must embrace to remain in power.  Joe on the street will continue to identify as a Republican and vote R because years of conditioning have taught him there is no other choice if you want to support personal responsibility, guns, Jesus, low taxes for the wealthy and the anti infanticide agenda.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Biden
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's exactly it

Republicans are far from fucked. Americans however are probably more so.  Rs can’t win elections without the Trumpers at this point, that means they are going to continue pandering and reaching out to them as “mainstream Republicans” tacitly accept the new reality they must embrace to remain in power.  Joe on the street will continue to identify as a Republican and vote R because years of conditioning have taught him there is no other choice if you want to support personal responsibility, guns, Jesus, low taxes for the wealthy and the anti infanticide agenda.
    Unless he doesn't vote because he's convinced it's rigged and his vote doesn't matter. 
    edited December 2020
    Biden
    scotus rejects challange to Pa results....

Biden
     Supreme Court denies Trump allies’ bid to overturn Pennsylvania election results
    By Robert Barnes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/supreme-court-trump-pennsylvania-election-results/2020/12/08/4d39e16c-397d-11eb-98c4-25dc9f4987e8_story.html

Supreme Court denies Trump allies’ bid to overturn Pennsylvania election results
    By Robert Barnes
    December 08 at 4:52 PM EST
    The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied a last-minute attempt by President Trump’s allies to overturn the election results in Pennsylvania.
    The court’s brief order provided no reasoning, nor did it note any dissenting votes. It was the first request to delay or overturn the results of the presidential election to reach the court.
    The lawsuit was part of a blizzard of litigation and personal interventions Trump and his lawyers have waged to overturn victories by Democrat Joe Biden in a handful of key states.
    Trump called the speaker of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives twice during the past week to make an extraordinary request for help reversing his loss in the state. But Speaker Bryan Cutler told the president he had no authority to step in, or to order the legislature into special session, a Cutler spokesman told The Washington Post.
    Republican members of the legislature and Congress supported the Supreme Court challenge to the changes they had made to Pennsylvania’s voting system in 2019.
    A group of Republican candidates led by Rep. Mike Kelly (R) challenged Act 77, a change made by the Republican-controlled legislature to allow universal mail-in ballots. Their charge was that the state constitution’s requirements on absentee ballots meant the legislature didn’t have the authority to open mail-in balloting for others.
    [Trump allies ask Supreme Court to intervene in Pennsylvania election]
    But the Pennsylvania Supreme Court said the challenge was filed too late — only after the votes were cast and the results known. Democrat Joe Biden won the state by a more than 80,000-vote margin.
    The unanimous order blamed petitioners for a “complete failure to act with due diligence in commencing their facial constitutional challenge, which was ascertainable upon Act 77’s enactment.”
    It added that some of the petitioners had urged their supporters to cast their ballots using the new mail-in procedure.
    The U.S. Supreme Court rarely intervenes in a decision of a state supreme court interpreting its own constitution and laws. But the plaintiffs charged that the system raised federal issues. Although acknowledging that it is up to states to develop election procedures, the claim was that the federal Constitution was violated if the Pennsylvania legislature expanded the mail-in procedure without proper authority from the state constitution.
    Further, they claimed the individual constitutional rights of Kelly and the others were violated. Their theory was that because the Pennsylvania Supreme Court dismissed the challenge because it was filed too late, they were denied due process.
    Their suggested remedy was to invalidate all votes cast by mail in the general election — more than 2.5 million in total — or to dismiss the outcome of the election altogether so that the state legislature could appoint its own slate of presidential electors.
    Pennsylvania’s lawyers told the U.S. Supreme Court that was a shocking request--“nothing less than an affront to constitutional democracy” that would ensnare the judiciary “in partisan strife.”
    “Petitioners ask this court to undertake one of the most dramatic, disruptive invocations of judicial power in the history of the Republic,” Pennsylvania’s response said. “No court has ever issued an order nullifying a governor’s certification of presidential election results.”
    Pennsylvania’s lawyers said there was no conflict between the state constitution and Act 77, and that the specific requirements in the document were for absentee voting, not mail-in ballots. Their brief noted that the legislature had set a 180-day window for raising constitutional objections to the plan, which the challengers ignored.
    And it argued that the claims of a due process violation were undercut by the relief Trump allies seek.
    “They do not explain how a remedy premised on massive disenfranchisement would accord with the Due Process Clause, which requires the counting of votes cast in reasonable reliance on existing election rules as implemented and described by state officials,” the state’s response said.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

That's exactly it

Unless he doesn't vote because he's convinced it's rigged and his vote doesn't matter. 
    It’s only rigged if they lose!  That is the message.  We need all the Rs to show up so that even if
    they cheat we win!  It’s literally their only strategy at this point. Unless they really want to never win a major election again outside of the south.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden