______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Pink Capricorn is the way to go!  I have the Newbury clear vinyl, which is excellent and clean.  But the original Cap just has more life and urgency to it.  It's like it explodes from the first note and never lets up. 
    Agree, it took me a while to search down a pretty clean copy. I have two, the one above and a Club edition. Both sound great, never really done an A/B, to see if I can tell differences. My Philips (RI) pressing is a George Piros cut on all 4 sides, my club edition is a Presswell and it's GP on sides 1 and 3, while Dennis King cut sides 2 and 4.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Pink Capricorn is the way to go!  I have the Newbury clear vinyl, which is excellent and clean.  But the original Cap just has more life and urgency to it.  It's like it explodes from the first note and never lets up. 
    Agree, it took me a while to search down a pretty clean copy. I have two, the one above and a Club edition. Both sound great, never really done an A/B, to see if I can tell differences. My Philips (RI) pressing is a George Piros cut on all 4 sides, my club edition is a Presswell and it's GP on sides 1 and 3, while Dennis King cut sides 2 and 4.
    Mine is the Presswell club edition.  I've had good luck with records from Presswell.  

On another note, I finally took the plunge and started in on the AP Doors.  I have LA Woman and Strange Days arriving Friday.  I'll be very interested in LA Woman A/B.  I have an excellent original and it will be tough to beat.  
    Nice, I have all the Doors APs. IMO, they're the best.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694

I got this Zeppelin bootleg in 1987. It was $30 and I thought at the time that it was a crazy amount of money to spend on a record. If my past self could see what I spend now. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    GlowGirl said:

I got this Zeppelin bootleg in 1987. It was $30 and I thought at the time that it was a crazy amount of money to spend on a record. If my past self could see what I spend now. 

how is that sound?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited November 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

how is that sound?
    The sound is actually quite good. Here is the back if you want to see the songs. I like the little joke subtitles they put in the parentheses. Awesome set list. The show was in Copenhagen in 1979. 

Post edited by GlowGirl on
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

how is that sound?
    The sound is actually quite good. Here is the back if you want to see the songs. I like the little joke subtitles they put in the parentheses. Awesome set list. The show was in Copenhagen in 1979. 

I was pretty into Zeppelin bootlegs back in the day.  That's not a show I'm familiar with.  Is it soundboard?  Radio broadcast?
    mrussel1 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:

how is that sound?

I was pretty into Zeppelin bootlegs back in the day.  That's not a show I'm familiar with.  Is it soundboard?  Radio broadcast?
    I looked it up online. apparently it was a warm up show for the Knebworth festival. It was in a small venue with only a few hundred people. Here is what I found:

Recording Includes: The Song Remains The Same >> Celebration Day, Out On The Tiles Intro >> Black Dog, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Over The Hills And Far Away, Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've Been Loving You, [ cut ], No Quarter, Hot Dog, The Rain Song, White Summer (<< Black Mountiain Side..) >> Kashmir, [ cut ], Trampled Underfoot, Achilles Last Stand, Guitar Solo >> Drum Solo >> In The Evening, [ cut ], Stairway To Heaven, [ cut ], Rock And Roll.

Source: Almost complete excellent audience recording. Almost 134 minutes.
    Details: The instruments are extremely well positioned, the spectrum is clear and the sound is dynamic. There is only a hair amount of tape hiss. Taped from the floor near the stage.

Bootleg LP Reference(s): Melancholy Danish Pageboys Get It On (Danskmusic & Empire) 

Bootleg CD Reference(s): 79 (Antrabata Reference Master), Complete Copenhagen Warm-Ups (Wendy Records, original & reissue), Copenhagen 1979 (Lighthouse), Copenhagen Warm-Ups (The Diagrams Of Led Zeppelin, Empress Valley Supreme Disc, Last Stand Disc both issues, & Tarantura), Dazzling Daze 1 (Moonchild Records), Great Return Of Zoso (Empress Valley Supreme Disc), Melancholy Danish Pageboys Pts. 1&2 and Remake (Silver Rarities), & Melancholy Danish Pageboys Get It On (Cobra Standard Series)

Bootleg DVD Audio Reference(s): Melancholy Danish Pageboys Get It On (Empress Valley Supreme Disc)

Comments: The first show of 1979 and the first ever live performances of Hot Dog and In The Evening, this show is very good. Robert is a little hoarse and seems almost shy but good nonetheless, and except for a messed up solo in Misty Mountain Hop, Page's playing is fluid, fast, and wonderful! Bonham and Jones, as usual, sound fine. A curious set list that is very refreshing and the angry solo in Achilles Last Stand is a highlight. Problems with a power generation delayed the show. Band's lightning rig was too big for venue and a generation had blowed up.

Nice thank you.  Looks like a cool and unusual set for sure.  What a treat to see Zep in a small venue, even if Jimmy was deep into the throes of addiction. 
    mrussel1 said:
    Nice thank you.  Looks like a cool and unusual set for sure.  What a treat to see Zep in a small venue, even if Jimmy was deep into the throes of addiction. 
    I would have loved to have seen them live. I wasn’t quite old enough when they had their final shows. I’m sure it would have been amazing. 
    GlowGirl said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would have loved to have seen them live. I wasn’t quite old enough when they had their final shows. I’m sure it would have been amazing. 
    Yeah I was 6 when this show happened. Pretty sure my parents weren't cool enough to take me to a Zep show. One of my first shows was Ozzy and Metallica in 8th grade.  Had to put together an elaborate lie for that one. 

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MedozK said:

That was literally on my table yesterday.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    MedozK said:

I still need this.  He's not my favorite jazz pianist (that's Bill Evans) but I dig him. What's the version to get,  do you know?
    edited November 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

I still need this.  He's not my favorite jazz pianist (that's Bill Evans) but I dig him. What's the version to get,  do you know?
    I have really never done a lot of research on Time Further Out. I found this great original 6 eye years ago, and really never looked to upgrade. However, the only reissue that I have seen get props is the Impex reissue from 2011. I know Impex has done some great audiophile reissues, I have a few, but this specific one I have never heard.

Did you get the One-Step Bill Evans releases?
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

I have really never done a lot of research on Time Further Out. I found this great original 6 eye years ago, and really never looked to upgrade. However, the only reissue that I have seen get props is the Impex reissue from 2011. I know Impex has done some great audiophile reissues, I have a few, but this specific one I have never heard.
    my 61 mono sounds great

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Since @mrussel1 brought up Bill Evans, I pulled my only record I have of his.

Mines a 1966 Stereo nonbreakable 

ikiT said:
    Mines a 1966 Stereo nonbreakable 

Nice, great record.
    Lucked upon a copy of this cut in great condition a few years ago. Kevin Gray cut this while he was at MCA early in his career.

This appears to be of the same vintage...

MedozK said:

Get the Live at Montreux. great show,  amazing press. 
    AP

https://www.discogs.com/Bill-Evans-At-The-Montreux-Jazz-Festival/release/13390458

mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

AP

https://www.discogs.com/Bill-Evans-At-The-Montreux-Jazz-Festival/release/13390458

Did you get any of the One-Steps?
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

AP

No,  I don't.  Is that series any better than the ultra analog and similar series?
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

AP

No,  I don't.  Is that series any better than the ultra analog and similar series?
    Supposedly the best of the best. For $125 they should be. I only have the Whats Going On One-Step, and it is VERY nice, however that is one of the records that I have that have me wanting to upgrade my system, not sure my system is good enough to pull the $125 worth of sound out.

I want this one on vinyl so bad.