PJ Radio

Comments

• igotid88 said:
    Hi all,  does anyone have any idea how many listeners PJ Radio XM has?  XM has about 34 million subscribers, but I'm curious how many of these listen to PJ Radio.  Couldn't find it in the Annual Report.  Thanks, all.

Well, if you ask Howard Stern...about 34 million!
    He's talking about SiriusXM Pearl Jam radio specifically.

My point being that during negotiations, Howard claims that everyone who subscribes counts as a listener. It'd be like subscribing to a TV package with ESPN, but never watching SportsCenter.

So why can't we say Pearl Jam Radio has 34 million listeners? Ha!

But seriously, I doubt those numbers ever get released.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Good Morning, and thank you thank you thank you! That's all- its been a while and today I needed PJ Radio and you are here for me!!  :joy:
    :heart:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Rob, I have a special request: Can you please play (not back to back) the following live versions of Big Wave (Waimea, 30/11/06 & Honolulu, 02/12/06 & 09/12/06)? :prayer:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Pap said:
    Rob, I have a special request: Can you please play (not back to back) the following live versions of Big Wave (Waimea, 30/11/06 & Honolulu, 02/12/06 & 09/12/06)? :prayer:

Three Big Waves!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Pap said:

Three Big Waves!
    Right on! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Pap said:
    No recording of Waimea, at least not good enough to air. 
    NHiding said:
    Pap said:
    No recording of Waimea, at least not good enough to air. 
    That's alright. I'll be happy if you can play the other two versions at any point.
    edited October 2020
    Gremmie Out Of Control on now! Cowabunga! :hang_loose:
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    More specials please! 
    demetrios said:
    More specials please! 

I think it'd be cool to give SiriusXM subscribers and 10C members a bunch of options for shows and the top shows get played.

"Ten Club Week on Ten Club Radio and SiriusXM."
    demetrios said:
    More specials please! 

I think it'd be cool to give SiriusXM subscribers and 10C members a bunch of options for shows and the top shows get played.

Yes please!
    demetrios said:
    More specials please! 

Certainly open to suggestions. Start posting shows you want to hear that have been officially released. As you well know, the early days are lacking in top sounding quality, and we're trying to keep the audio quality at a high level on shows played.  I'll still spin more audience recorded shows on Ten Club Radio. 
    edited January 2021
    NHiding said:
    demetrios said:
    More specials please! 

Certainly open to suggestions. Start posting shows you want to hear that have been officially released. As you well know, the early days are lacking in top sounding quality, and we're trying to keep the audio quality at a high level on shows played.  I'll still spin more audience recorded shows on Ten Club Radio. 

I'm totally "typing as I think" here.

Are the shows the same on both SiriusXM and 10C? I do my listening on SiriusXM...so I definitely get more, but also less...more of the specials but not so many deep cuts, so I understand.

I did like that one from Europe earlier this week, even if it was way short.

I love how many of the shows seem to be from that point in history... If it's May, we get USA shows from 2010...if it's October, then it's Spectrum time. Those Spectrum shows at 2pm each day "on the day" were quite fun.

If it's June, then we get something like "Best of the USA...outdoors" stuff.

I heard a couple of the side projects and Eddie solo songs recently, so it was great to bring that stuff back. (I think we even got Setting Forth from PJ20.)

What about demos? What's in the vault? The Gossman Project?

I don't want you to break any rules, but I know "I'm Still Here" got played once. Cold Confession?

Even if it's officially released soundboard stuff...I'm sure there's audience stuff from 2010, 2014, etc. It'd be fun to compare tracks.

Audience recordings, Eddie solo stuff and side projects....yes please. :-)

Maybe make a show on Sundays for "Audience Recordings" where it's an hour of various songs from random shows recorded by the audience? Not full shows...but maybe a random song from Canada 2005, then one from South America 2013, then one from 96, then one from...you get the idea.

The 7pm/7am every other day (it's not quite that, recently) can be a bit predicable. What about 10am ET on occasion for the west coast fans driving to work? 9pm ET?

But just don't touch the 2pm ET show. We need that as we work. That 2pm ET is sacred ground. Thanks.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    There was that Canadian(?) show from the PJ20 movie where Eddie was yelling at the security guard. Is that clip the ONLY bit from that show that exists?

We've all heard and seen the first show from the Off-Ramp. I assume the quality isn't worthy of SiriusXM. I've never heard it there.
    Happy World Radio Day Rob!🎧

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    Anyone know a way I can get this to play through Kodi?
    bazzer said:

Did you upgrade to the new Kodi 19.0 "Matrix" ? 
    There's a few addons that are not working on the new upgrade.
    demetrios said:
    bazzer said:

Not everywhere, but I don't know an add-on that lets me play this anyway. Any tips?
    bazzer said:
    demetrios said:
    bazzer said:

Not everywhere, but I don't know an add-on that lets me play this anyway. Any tips?

I would say use the FireFox add-on and play PJ Radio in there. 
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Just want to throw out there that PJ radio is one of the best things offered for us fans, and is 10000% worth it for 10c membership even if nothing else was offered. Having (almost) every bootleg on 24/7 streaming is :open_mouth:

Thank you to all that put this together and maintain the channel! 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    Just want to throw out there that PJ radio is one of the best things offered for us fans, and is 10000% worth it for 10c membership even if nothing else was offered. Having (almost) every bootleg on 24/7 streaming is :open_mouth:

Good post. The only, only thing I'd do in addition is an "on demand" section of every studio album and live show the band has ever released and add the side projects, supergroups and MLB/TOTD.

Think of it as Spotify combined with Nugs.

Thanks Jenny!!  So glad you're enjoying!!
    demetrios said:
    bazzer said:
    demetrios said:
    bazzer said:

Firefox is ending support for Amazon Fire TV and Echo Show devices

Kinda sucks! Like using it more then Silk.

Anyways, did you get PJ Radio to work on Kodi?

The Tech Talk special with Mike McCready on PJ Radio was THE BEST!!!

They should totally do a Tech Talk special with Stone, Jeff, Matt, Ed & especially Boom!
    What's the next SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio Special? :)

Ten Club Radio going down for some Sunday maintenance and system upgrades at the moment.  Should be back within the hour. Thanks.
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:
    bazzer said:
    demetrios said:
    bazzer said:

Firefox is ending support for Amazon Fire TV and Echo Show devices

Kinda sucks! Like using it more then Silk.

I didn't get a chance to try but I'm not sure there's a Firefox add-on fit the raspberry pi. I'm still going to look into it when I get a chance.
    edited June 2021
    demetrios said:
    Turned out to be really easy! I just added http://radio.nugs.net/pearljam to an .strm file in my music folder! :)
    Only tested it quickly but it seems to work with song information etc.