Official Soundgarden Appreciation Thread - Superunknown Reissue

13»

Comments

• niallniall Posts: 244
    If anyone in the UK is after this what records have it in stock for £18.99

How come is was advertising at 200g and it's actually 180g? Was the 200g version directly from the webstore or something?
  • W.M.EhW.M.Eh Posts: 133
    niall said:

If anyone in the UK is after this what records have it in stock for £18.99

How come is was advertising at 200g and it's actually 180g? Was the 200g version directly from the webstore or something?

Yes, the official site was offering a 200g version and likely still is. I am trying to find out if anybody has received their LP from the official site yet....
    The last PJ show I went to was the best PJ show ever, that is until they come around again of course

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    thebrig said:

This is finally getting released today!! Go get it!! Best Buy has a cool exclusive for a download code for an app to listen to the entire album in DTS X 11.1 via headphones on iOS or Android phones. This is the first album to be released in the DTS X 11.1 format to the general public. Sounds like all the Super Deluxe editions have access to the app, but cost $80 more.

If anybody wants the Deluxe Edition from Best Buy and doesn't want the DTS Headphone:X copy - please let me know! I'd love to split the price in exchange for the download code (of course, you would get the CDs at a discounted price then). Here's the link if anyone wants to do this!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/superunknown-best-buy-exclusive-cd/6336519.p?id=3239870&skuId=6336519&st=soundgarden superunknown deluxe&lp=3&cp=1
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Picked mine up on the weekend from my local store, was delayed a week or two for some reason.
    The remastering on this is very good, everything sounds nice and clear, I like the new packaging too. 'Like Suicide' LOUD on vinyl.............Yes! :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    after 20 long years.......the search is over. 

i saw soundgarden live only once. august 8, 1994, winnipeg arena, on the superunknown tour with You Am I and Reverend Horton Heat. 

my boss catered it, and he got me and my buddy backstage. i met matt after the show. 

for years i couldn't find even the setlist. about 10 years ago on ebay i found a tour poster (not even sure if it's official, i can't find any info on it anywhere).  well, yesterday, with it being king animal's 8 birthday, i checked setlist.fm, and lo and behold, someone had filled in the setlist about a month ago. 

next up: googling to see if there are any pics or if i could hit the lottery with some audio. 

i came across a fansite. https://www.louderthanlive.com/show/1994-08-08-winnipeg-arena-winnipeg-mb-canada/

i took a shot in the dark and clicked on the "contact" tab, and fired off an email, since the show listing on the website stated there was actually an audio recording of the show in circulation. 

i just got a response. he sent me the fucking show. 

26 six years later and i'm finally listening to this show again. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848

i saw soundgarden live only once. august 8, 1994, winnipeg arena, on the superunknown tour with You Am I and Reverend Horton Heat. 

my boss catered it, and he got me and my buddy backstage. i met matt after the show. 

for years i couldn't find even the setlist. about 10 years ago on ebay i found a tour poster (not even sure if it's official, i can't find any info on it anywhere).  well, yesterday, with it being king animal's 8 birthday, i checked setlist.fm, and lo and behold, someone had filled in the setlist about a month ago. 

next up: googling to see if there are any pics or if i could hit the lottery with some audio. 

i came across a fansite. https://www.louderthanlive.com/show/1994-08-08-winnipeg-arena-winnipeg-mb-canada/

i took a shot in the dark and clicked on the "contact" tab, and fired off an email, since the show listing on the website stated there was actually an audio recording of the show in circulation. 

Very cool! That’s a sick set list.. right on man!
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• after 20 long years.......the search is over. 

F N A!!!!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956

Dude, it's one of the best feelings in the world when you find a boot for a show you went to, especially when you thought it didn't exist.  It's not something we experience much with new shows these days since almost everything is online, but an amazing feeling nonetheless.  
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    100% ^^^
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD