2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Nagy's play calling is absolute garbage.  This concept of him being an offensive guru can be thrown out.  Also, every time they play the Rams I can't help but think about him being in a Bears uniform.  He went one pick before us in the draft.  Rams get Donald...we get Kyle Fuller.  Fuller is a fine player, but not quite the same level.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I knew from the opening drive it was going to be a shitshow yesterday.
    I called out almost every play that was going to happen as the offense lined up yesterday.  I pissed my girlfriend off and I stopped mid 2nd quarter.  I was right probably 80% of the time, just based on the down, yardage, and personnel on the field.
    There is no fooling anyone.  If I can spot it, good god...
    It's almost as if Nagy has 10-15 plays on his card to chose from.

I also believe Nagy thinks he is actually smarter than everyone.  Nobody will expect a non-mobile QB to bootleg to his LEFT, throw against his body to the shortest WR on the team....who happens to be triple covered.  Foles should have never thrown/forced that ball, but what in the actual fuck was that?!?
    Fourth and a long 1. 
    Patterson is in the backfield. 
    Patterson gets the ball every time he lines up in the backfield.
    The D line was stacked to the Bears left and had LB support.
    Charles Leno's side.
    Foles had to know it was going to bust.  I see him telling players where to go and who to get on and off the line, but I don't recall seeing him calling any audibles.  And, that said even if he could, the personnel on the field with that play wouldn't really allow you to audible into something else.  You'd have to call timeout and it was 4th down.  They therefore had to run that shitty play despite the entire offense knowing they were completely f'd.  How the hell do you put your offense in that situation.  Bad call, no out.

F Nagy!  The dude needs to give up the play calling.  He never will, but it's bad when your own players are calling out coach for the fn boneheaded calls.
    Future predictions:
    Saints - L (5-3)
    Titans - L (5-4)
    Vikings - W (6-4)
    Packers - L (6-5)
    Lions - L (6-6) *I'm saying L here as the Lions should have won before and are better than their record
    Texans - W (7-6)
    Vikings - L (7-7) The Vikings will take one.
    Jags - W (8-7)
    Packers - L (8-8)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I like that Darnell Mooney and i'm not just saying that cause we have the same last name :wink::lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Hot garbage. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Here for my weekly pessimism: worst 5-3 team in the league 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    Hot garbage. 
    Yep.  What an absolute joke.  If Nagy has any balls, he'll cut Wims today.  That was absurd.  I'm so sick of hearing about how great this defense is....giving up that TD before halftime was horrible.  How could Cook be that wide open???? And everyone knew Kamara was the Saints only weapon and they still couldn't stop him all day.

Offensively they actually showed some signs yesterday but still not good enough.  It still seems like guys don't know where to line up and Foles is constantly moving guys around pre-snap.  And it's funny to hear all the people calling for them to put Mitch back in.  They have 2 shitty QBs and neither is a great option.  This sucks.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The Wimms thing.  Is there background on that?

Also....what a fool, he is lucky not to break his hand
    The first punch I don't think the player even felt it.  Second jolted him but how much can it hurt a guy to punch him in the helmet?
    Laughable.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    ^ The background is that he's not a very intelligent individual.  ;)

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    bbiggs said:
    ^ The background is that he's not a very intelligent individual.  ;)

Hahaha.  Yeah, that likely covers it - he is a dunce.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Too early to analyze this game?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Too early to analyze this game?
    Hot garbage.
    Nagy giving up play-calling to Lazor for Monday night.  They gotta try something here to get this offense going.  Props to Nagy...can't be easy to essentially fire yourself as play caller.
    Nagy giving up play-calling to Lazor for Monday night.  They gotta try something here to get this offense going.  Props to Nagy...can't be easy to essentially fire yourself as play caller.
    His ego seems such that the decision was likely made for him. I think the Bears over-achievingearly in the year just makes his poor play calling worse. People say "this team was 5-1, what happened?" When they seem to forget this team won 5 games and should have won 1 or 2. And of the 5 teams they beat, only 1 is really worth a damn.
    I feel like we've all seen that same Bears game 100 times.  149 yards of offense against a mediocre defense.  Just pathetic all around.  Both QBs suck, offensive line is terrible, skill position players besides Robinson are all garbage and the play-calling is horrific.  Maybe Trubisky comes back after the bye to start?  Sure, he's more mobile than Foles but the guy still can't read a defense in his 4th year in the league.  Just a disaster all around.  If this keeps going the way it's going, they have to clean house again and start over.  Another waste of a great defense.
    I feel like we've all seen that same Bears game 100 times.  149 yards of offense against a mediocre defense.  Just pathetic all around.  Both QBs suck, offensive line is terrible, skill position players besides Robinson are all garbage and the play-calling is horrific.  Maybe Trubisky comes back after the bye to start?  Sure, he's more mobile than Foles but the guy still can't read a defense in his 4th year in the league.  Just a disaster all around.  If this keeps going the way it's going, they have to clean house again and start over.  Another waste of a great defense.
    This sums it all up.  Just sad and pathetic.

Pace needs to go.  Look at this past off-season.  He signs Robert Quinn to a huge deal w/ 30M guaranteed and he was been pretty much worthless.  Gave Jimmy Graham like 10M guaranteed at 34 years old.  And then traded a 4th round pick for Foles who has been garbage.  Anything with the offensive line????  He has made some decent moves like signing Robinson and hit on a few mid-round picks like Eddie Jackson and Bilal Nichols but holy shit the list of horrific moves from him just keeps getting longer and longer.  
    Pace needs to go.  Look at this past off-season.  He signs Robert Quinn to a huge deal w/ 30M guaranteed and he was been pretty much worthless.  Gave Jimmy Graham like 10M guaranteed at 34 years old.  And then traded a 4th round pick for Foles who has been garbage.  Anything with the offensive line????  He has made some decent moves like signing Robinson and hit on a few mid-round picks like Eddie Jackson and Bilal Nichols but holy shit the list of horrific moves from him just keeps getting longer and longer.  
    Yep, just think about how far back he's setting the entire franchise.  
    Ugh!
    Watson 
    Mahomes 

I bet those two guys are thrilled that Pace didn't draft them.
    Just horrible. Not much left to say.....I don't think they have any choice but to completely clean house after this year.  They should fire Pace and Nagy this morning but the McCaskey's don't have the balls to do anything like that.  I'm sure they'll just let their fucking accountant Ted Phillips hire another terrible GM.  
    Does Nagy "lead" the Bears next season?
    If Nagy and/or Pace are still part of this team next year I’ll have a hard time watching. 
    bbiggs said:
    If Nagy and/or Pace are still part of this team next year I’ll have a hard time watching. 
    You're not already to that point? Sorry, I know I have a terrible attitude about this team, but it is well deserved. 
    bbiggs said:
    You're not already to that point? Sorry, I know I have a terrible attitude about this team, but it is well deserved. 
    Yep.  And I take back everything I said about this being a great defense....this defense was absolute trash today and has been slightly above average all year.  An absolute fucking mess.  Fire everyone and start over again next year....same old story with this joke of an organization.
    bbiggs said:
    Yep.  And I take back everything I said about this being a great defense....this defense was absolute trash today and has been slightly above average all year.  An absolute fucking mess.  Fire everyone and start over again next year....same old story with this joke of an organization.
    Yeah, I was reading an article today where the author mentioned not only does the offense need to be overhauled, but there is tens of millions that could and should be available for cap space on the defense.
    The only thing that makes this defense truly a working unit is getting pressure on the QB.  Other teams know this and plan for it, yet the Bears still play zone for most of the game.  Pagano makes ZERO adjustments.  Mack still gets double and triple teamed on every down.  This was something that was going to go away this year since bringing in Quinn.  Well, Quinn is clearly at the point of his career where he's clearly cashing it in.  
    Trevathan can't cover anyone, has 500k in cap space plus almost 5 million in dead money if they let him go.
    Fuller and Hicks combine for 21.5 million in cap space.  Both are still playing well, but Hicks is getting old, has had some injuries that he's had to sit out.  Fuller is a good back, but is he worth the $?
    Skrine is a nickleback worth 5 million in cap.  Gonner!
    Mack has 5 million in cap space but the Bears would have to eat 21 million in dead money.
    They are stuck with Quinn who doesn't seem to give a fuck about his level of play.

So, yeah.  Not only is the offense a steaming pile, the defense is average at best and is costing the org a shitload of money.  
    mca47 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah, I was reading an article today where the author mentioned not only does the offense need to be overhauled, but there is tens of millions that could and should be available for cap space on the defense.
    The only thing that makes this defense truly a working unit is getting pressure on the QB.  Other teams know this and plan for it, yet the Bears still play zone for most of the game.  Pagano makes ZERO adjustments.  Mack still gets double and triple teamed on every down.  This was something that was going to go away this year since bringing in Quinn.  Well, Quinn is clearly at the point of his career where he's clearly cashing it in.  
    Trevathan can't cover anyone, has 500k in cap space plus almost 5 million in dead money if they let him go.
    Fuller and Hicks combine for 21.5 million in cap space.  Both are still playing well, but Hicks is getting old, has had some injuries that he's had to sit out.  Fuller is a good back, but is he worth the $?
    Mack has 5 million in cap space but the Bears would have to eat 21 million in dead money.
    They are stuck with Quinn who doesn't seem to give a fuck about his level of play.

So, yeah.  Not only is the offense a steaming pile, the defense is average at best and is costing the org a shitload of money.  
    Yeah on top of everything else, their salary cap situation is a fucking mess.  That Quinn signing was just horrific.  And re-signing Trevathan instead of a much younger Kwiatkowski was almost as bad.  
    mca47 said:
    bbiggs said:

Yeah on top of everything else, their salary cap situation is a fucking mess.  That Quinn signing was just horrific.  And re-signing Trevathan instead of a much younger Kwiatkowski was almost as bad.  
    The Quinn signing was a head scratcher, but he had been playing well prior.  I think as fans all we were hoping is he could play at the level he was.  Even before this year, you could tell Trevathan was on the decline.  Signing him over Kwiatkowski made zero sense.
    Stupid fn Bears!
    Well.  Beat the Packers and they're in the playoffs.  Things sure have changed a bit the past 3 weeks huh??  At this point it's hard to see them not bringing Trubisky back.  I don't even know what to think anymore.  3 weeks ago it looked like they would clean house and start over again and now they have a win and you're in scenario.  Crazy.

Also, how on earth have they not re-signed Robinson yet????  He has just been awesome.  Doesn't have crazy speed, but he is an incredible route runner and always seems to be open.  Have to bring him back next year.  And we appear to have found a kicker with Santos...
  • So, if the Bears win they are in the playoffs? hahahahahahahahaha

Packers 45

Bears 7

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

So, if the Bears win they are in the playoffs? hahahahahahahahaha

Packers 45

Bears 7

is Aaron playing?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

So, if the Bears win they are in the playoffs? hahahahahahahahaha

Packers 45

Bears 7

is Aaron playing?
    I'd imagine so. They have to win to be guaranteed #1 seed.