The National Football League

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Are there any Steeler fans on this thread?  Was Bell a problem in the locker room?
    Not really, he seemed like a team and fan favorite.
    I'm not so sure about that. The lineman didn't like him because he never gave them any credit. That's why a few of them spoke out against him during his holdout. Either way, I think he'll be fine on the Chiefs. He's smart enough to know this is a great opportunity. He's gone from holding out an entire year, for less money, to go to a worse team (the Jets), and now he's landed on a one of the best teams. 
    From what I remember, the players let Bell do his thing when he was holding out, but Bell told the team/O-line that he was coming back at a certain time, and then didn't.  I think that rubbed some people the wrong way, but they also said they would welcomed him back with open arms when he did return.  I don't think it ever got nasty behind the scenes (how would we ever know?); the line routinely said how much they loved him.  I remember Bell saying he didn't have a great relationship with Big Ben, though.
    I've been feeling like Bell's locker room presence has been overblown.  I say this without having known how he is in the locker room of my favorite team though.  From the outside, it seemed like Roethlisberger and Brown were more of the issues than Bell.  I'm stoked to have him on the Chiefs, especially at the price tag they got him at.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Whatever the case, he won't be an issue for the Chiefs. He certainly overvalued himself with the Steelers (wanting to be paid like a top running back AND a #2 receiver), but here, he knows he's a hired gun for a team that's been doing fine without him. I wonder if he'll be utilized in in sets with CEH, or if he'll simply be the backup. Bell lined up in the slot running routes with Clyde in the backfield, Bell in motion where ya fake it to him, weak-side screens to one or the other, and wheel routes out of the backfield to him will be tough to defend. Some people think Bell is like the second-coming of Marshall Faulk. He's not, but he's a very capable receiver. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    He's probably going to split snaps with CEH as the season goes along.  For now, he's essentially taking the snaps of the former #2, Darryl Williams.  Saw some game action yesterday and looked good.  He doesn't have to be "Steelers Bell" to be successful in KC. 

I'm a bit torn on how I felt about his holdout.  The valuation of the RB has dropped significantly in the past decade and it will be increasingly more difficult for an elite-RB to get a big payday.  In the end he got his contract from the Jets, however unfortunately for him it was with the Jets...

• I think the days of RBs getting big contracts might be fading, if not gone already, and Bell is lucky that the Jets were stupid enough to pay him all that money. RBs just all seem so "plug-and-play" these days. Dallas has to be regretting that Zeke contract right now. With the exception of maybe Derek Henry and the Titans, I can't think of a team where you can't just replace the current RB with another and get pretty similar results. You're better off with two or three good RBs than one great one it seems. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    edited October 2020
    The Niners show that you can trot out RB#5 on the depth chart and do OK.  Hell, RB#4 had 3 TDs before joining the injury party, yesterday.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated
    But I was lead to believe any qb can thrive in New England’s “system.”

lol
    Any competent qb. I think he still can. Not sure what's wrong with him? 
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

He did have Covid....could be he is still feeling it.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol
    He hit his throwing hand on a helmet last week in the 2nd quarter and the ball hasn't looked right coming out of his hand since, Compare his first half numbers last week to 2nd half and look at yesterday. Something is wrong with that hand but he isn't saying.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol
    Does Tampa Bay have the same kind of system? Must be. Right?

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited October 2020
    Poncier said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol
    He hit his throwing hand/arm on a helmet last week in the 2nd quarter and the ball hasn't looked right coming out of his hand since, Compare his first half numbers last week to 2nd half and look at yesterday. Something is wrong with that hand but he isn't saying.

https://musketfire.com/2020/10/20/patriots-cam-newton-injury-broncos-loss/
    I mean these stats definitely support the Brady is a system QB...not

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Brady is doing great.  New England,. not so well.  Brady is proving his point.  While he has an embarrassment of riches as far as weapons go, and New England has a pretty garbage roster and had a lot of opt-outs... its still proving the point rather effectively.  Many people, me included, assumed Bill Belichick could put together a Super Bowl team with a bunch of replacements from Idaho Tech Community College
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

They have a good team. No one said Brady was an awful qb.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

I'd have thought a "system qb" might tend to struggle when he's, you know, removed from said "system." Instead he is putting up numbers no qb in the history of the league has at his age. 

But no, he's not awful. We agree on that. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

I'd have thought a "system qb" might tend to struggle when he's, you know, removed from said "system." Instead he is putting up numbers no qb in the history of the league has at his age. 

Steroids
    I miss igotid88
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

wait didn't you say it was more Bellicheck than Brady though?  I know you think the cheater is the greatest coach in the history of sports even when I pointed out that his record before Brady was a losing one.
    edited October 2020
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

wait didn't you say it was more Bellicheck than Brady though?  I know you think the cheater is the greatest coach in the history of sports even when I pointed out that his record before Brady was a losing one.
    Did I? I don't know but I think that is one of those stupid "hot take" questions you hear on sports radio. Not a fan.
    I think they are both either the greatest or one of the greatest qb's and coaches of all time. No disputing that .

Anyway, the system stuff was always nonsense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

Did I? I don't know but I think that is one of those stupid "hot take" questions you hear on sports radio. Not a fan.
    I think they are both either the greatest or one of the greatest qb's and coaches of all time. No disputing that .

Oh I agree the system stuff is utter nonsense.  I've always argued that the greatest QB of all time had more to do with the Pats dynasty than the coach.  Can't say I'm not enjoying see Bellicheck struggle.  Will be very interesting to see if he can rally this team back to the playoffs after this start.
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

Oh I agree the system stuff is utter nonsense.  I've always argued that the greatest QB of all time had more to do with the Pats dynasty than the coach.  Can't say I'm not enjoying see Bellicheck struggle.  Will be very interesting to see if he can rally this team back to the playoffs after this start.
    Lol
    I mean, as others have said, they have a ton of injuries and have had a bunch of players opt out because of Covid. Kind of a lost season for them. So just getting to the playoffs would be a huge achievement. Some of the Pats fans in here were advocating for them to tank for Lawrence just before they signed Cam. NOW....had they been in the NFC East, of course their path to the post season would be a lot easier. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Or Cam is overrated

lol

Some of the Pats fans in here were advocating for them to tank for Lawrence just before they signed Cam. NOW....had they been in the NFC East, of course their path to the post season would be a lot easier. haha
    If they drop the rest of them and finish 2-14, the Jets will have beaten them twice, Houston will beat them, the NFC east play each other enough each team should win 3. The Vikings have to be able to pull out 2 more wins.
    Bengals can win one more...its those pesky Falcons and Jags that would stand in the way. But still, 2-14 looks good to me. Lets give it a shot.
    Just start Hoyer.  That is a lock for "losing all games"
    Is Nathan Peterman available?  Not only can you lose all games, you can do it with a QB that can truly throw gas onto the dumpster fire better than any QB I have seen.
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Brady was still good enough in NE to make do with the sub par WRs. Now he has elite WRs in Tampa and is lighting it up. 
    Cam is a hell of an athlete but is (obviously) not the QB that Brady is/was and it's showing with the lack of weapons he has.
    Tom Brady, great QB, arguably the greatest, some tell him he is the greatest, sounding like his idiot buddy Trump.
    Sure, he won't endorse him, but he will be buddies with him and pump out stupid stuff like this.

That's why we should always listen to Charles Barkley and not hold up professional athletes as role models.
    Brady is totally a Trump guy.  
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    He’s a system politico.
    Tom Brady, great QB, arguably the greatest, some tell him he is the greatest, sounding like his idiot buddy Trump.
    Sure, he won't endorse him, but he will be buddies with him and pump out stupid stuff like this.

That is one of the most condescending, asshole comments I have ever heard about suicide.  Seriously, fuck TB12 for that.

Bellichick has blamed everyone but his videographers. Maybe he needs to upgrade the surveillance game
    Big Bills win