RSD 2020, now for BLACK FRIDAY

Comments

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    edited October 2020
    Struck out big time this weekend. My fav record store brought in a bunch of rare and exclusive records on top of RSD. This focus was Third Man Records. They had Jack White acoustic (blue), Icky Thump X (10 year anniversary, vault edition), Icky Thump (mono), Raconteurs live (vault release), Elephant test press, and Elephant red/black, Strokes blue/yellow, Cornell's Songbook, Soundgarden live on I-5, PUSA autographed, amongst others...

I was second in line and wanted Icky Thump X and Raconteurs. Customer # 1 took those and a few others. He certainly earned it, as he was in line for a solid hour ahead of me.
    Then I found out they didn't have Eve 6 or Wildbunch (Electric 6)...

T'was a tough pill to swallow after getting up at 5am. Then, the pisser is that I found the two albums online for $10 TOTAL more than face value.

I love supporting local stores, and will continue to do so, but yesterday stung.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Gibson said:
    I’m visiting family in Ontario... but just might stop by Cosmic Dave’s this afternoon. I’ll have a look. 
    I’m hoping to score one of the RAA Hometowns splatter RE myself. Not thinking I’ll be that lucky 
    /SUNOFA...I was in line at Tiny Record Shop and they had a pile. Sorry I didn't see this til now.
    I’m in Sudbury. He didn’t get all his shipments in. Said he ordered a few and thought he would get them. Took down my name and number so I have my fingers crossed. 
    Thanks for the thought though! 
  • Bummer. Struck out. Needed to get Miles Davis and The Who. Not one of my locals even got one copy of either. So if anyone is holding I need Miles and The Who.

• chilisuarezchilisuarez USA / Canada Posts: 110
    Has anyone got any leads on Neal Casal – Fade Away Diamond Time?!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,701
    I just ordered the Who as well. My local store didn't get it in at all.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I was still alseep at 10am pst when the online sales started, but thankfully my wife got me Warren Zevon's Greatest Hits!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    GlowGirl said:

I’m still waiting for label created to change to something more hopeful on the Miles I have on order. 

I do feel like more will show up similar to what happened with PJ Unplugged, which had more showing up at record stores (along with other RSD titles from the same distributor) a week or so later. 

Miles releases rarely go this quickly, and this had a large run of 6,000 copies. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:

I’m still waiting for label created to change to something more hopeful on the Miles I have on order. 

I do feel like more will show up similar to what happened with PJ Unplugged, which had more showing up at record stores (along with other RSD titles from the same distributor) a week or so later. 

Miles releases rarely go this quickly, and this had a large run of 6,000 copies. 
    Good luck. The record store I went to on Saturday was sold out of Miles Davis and didn’t get any of The Who at all. I took PJ44’s advice above and ordered it from Newbury. There is a record store nearby that seems to have a lot of RSD stock. They have its own section of RSD releases starting back a few years. Next time I go there I will look through those bins. Hope your Miles order goes through. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Finished listening to miles. Wow. Hope all that want it can pick it up and spin. Nice mind journey. 
  • shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 173
    edited October 2020
    Gone now
    Monster has Miles in-stock 
    https://monstermusicsc.com/UPC/194397274714
    Post edited by shorty4568 on
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    For anyone interested in Brandi Carlile, Lost Weekend Records in Columbus got 9 in their residual RSD order today.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,425
    For anyone interested in Brandi Carlile, Lost Weekend Records in Columbus got 9 in their residual RSD order today.

they do mail-order...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,425
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • petted101petted101 Posts: 188
    edited November 2020
    brianlux said:
    erebus said:
    Anyone know if the Dinosaur Jr might get a CD release some day?

Good question.  Their Bug Live at the 9:30 Club, an excellent live album, never got a CD release.  Vinyl only (and quite a nice one!).  I always though it would made a great CD to listen to in the car.  So maybe not?
    It is already available on CD. It was the second disc on the Hand It Over deluxe reissue by Cherry Red Records last year.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/dinosaur-jr-hand-it-over-2cd-deluxe-expanded-edition/ 
    Post edited by petted101 on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,607
    Alice in Chains, Anthrax (forgot about that record), Jazz Dispensary(got one from a past rsd, more funkified jazz) I wouldn't get this but if you don't have any from this series it may be nice to spin.
    I'm just looking now and don't plan to pick anything up.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    Anyone else standing in line? 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Looking for Meteora (linkin park).  Can pay immediately.  Thanks!
    I made friends with one of my record store guys this summer. He just texted me that he put aside a copy of U2 Boy for me. I’m going to head over there and pick it up. They didn’t get Painted Shield in though. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2020
    pjpjpaul said:
    Anyone else standing in line? 
    Yup. 2nd 👍

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    I believe this was canceled.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    It was.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    nothing on todays list interested me enough to go out. Good luck to those who are on the hunt.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    I picked up Alice in Chains, u2, uncle tupelo, and jazz sabath. I'll probably order painted shield, Chris cornell, and let it bleed later. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    kasedoug said:
    I believe this was canceled.
    It was.
    Ah. Got it.  Thanks.  
    I got U2. Couldn’t find Painted Shield. Was considering My Chemical Romance, but passed. 
  • Picked up Drive By Truckers Live LP.