The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    GlowGirl said:
    I remember her song but was never into the whole woman-roaring thing.

(at least, not at that age ;) )
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    :anguished:  I just watched that terrible debate... what a waste of time... now I need a rest!

Can't decide what kind of music I should listen to right now - something to calm down or to let these upcoming aggression's out? ha
    I guess I came here to calm down. :lol:

This is always a good one:
    You can never go wrong with that one, kce.

“Keep your dignity, take the high road...”
    So true!
    Someone should explain that to the guys in power! And I mean all of them...!

Btw, I just found another live version of that fantastic song. Is that from one of their DVDs?
    Ladies and Gentlemen - Drinks on me tonight!

The bar is open and I have everything you need ... so let's see what you like!

7pm early, I start with a Virgin Mixed Berry Caipirinha after that :coffee:

Happy Friday and Cheers!

Oh and fuck that virus - my test is negative. :smiley:

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited October 2020
    Congrats on your test! :)
    I'll have a Beautiful (Cognac/Grand Marnier), please. Have a wonderful weekend.

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    kce8 said:
    Ladies and Gentlemen - Drinks on me tonight!

The bar is open and I have everything you need ... so let's see what you like!

7pm early, I start with a Virgin Mixed Berry Caipirinha after that :coffee:

Happy Friday and Cheers!

Oh and fuck that virus - my test is negative. :smiley:

Wonderful, kce!  Cheers!  :joy: 

I'm heading for the coffee now.  :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited October 2020
    Thanks Kat!
    It is my pleasure to serve you the first drink tonight.

Have a wonderful weekend too!

brianlux said:

Coffee for you Sir!  :)     :coffee:

:joy:
    kce8 said:
    brianlux said:

Coffee for you Sir!  :)     :coffee:

:joy:

Yummy!  Thank you!  :smile: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Cheers, kce! Great news on the test.

I just learned a dear cousin’s cancer hasn’t spread to her brain. “Just an aneurism” never sounded so good :lol:

No booze or coffee for me, but I plan on rolling through the green for the majority of day.  
    And...aren't we all?

Love these two together.
    https://youtu.be/fCP2-Bfhy04
    :rock_on:  Great news Hedo, glad for your "good news"! Hope all goes well with it.

So just let us raise a glass of "virgin" drink to your cousin! :hug:
    ...enjoy the green!

Have to include one over my all time favorites ...
    I had to wait 22 years until my first PJ gig finally happened and then I got this! :rock_on:
    Wonderful choice Hedo!

I still get goosebumps remembering watching it! These were very special times. Crazy times... :heart:
    We share IMT love! That was the one song I‘d hoped for at my very first show (in 2000). It was an unforgettable night start to finish, and we got it...from thirteen rows in, thanks to the 10C :)
    That's incredible I wished for that song too! What show was it, Hedo? San Diego 25th? That Show started with Long Road, wow.

I had to cancel the show in 1996 because my son was born a few weeks earlier and then my first gig should have been the night after Roskilde... Finally made it to Berlin in 2014 and that amazing day was also my best friends birthday. We got lots of wonderful memories.
    I will never forget that moment when they played the first notes of IMT. Yes, thanks to 10C and PJ we both got an unforgettable first show!

Cheers to you Hedo and 30 years of Pearl Jam! :heart:
    Yes, 10/25/00!  First show with my now-husband, too.

Here's to all the music that ultimately brought us here :)

And Jack.  He's so damn happy here, it makes me smile.
    https://youtu.be/IJ2hjOfU6Pg

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:

I just learned a dear cousin’s cancer hasn’t spread to her brain. “Just an aneurism” never sounded so good :lol:

No booze or coffee for me, but I plan on rolling through the green for the majority of day.  
    That is great news about your cousin. I know aneurysms are not good news, but it sounds like the lesser of two evils. I hope she is doing better. Roll through some of that green for me while you are there.

GlowGirl said:
    hedonist said:

That is great news about your cousin. I know aneurysms are not good news, but it sounds like the lesser of two evils. I hope she is doing better. Roll through some of that green for me while you are there.

Thanks!  She's smiling bigger than any of us who'd had our fingers crossed for her.

Life is so strange, isn't it?  Harsh and unfair and sometimes incredibly ugly, yet balanced and still beautiful.

And, on your last note...I be rolling ;)
    https://youtu.be/kn-AB78kvvE
    This is nice to watch while high.

Just saying.
    https://youtu.be/X0C3DHp36zc
    This car almost derailed to the second page.  Wah.

It's a fine beginning to the evening here (and it's still sunny out!) - some laughs, some green and some good music is a damn nice way to spend it ;)

https://youtu.be/fF9AOh4HKXQ

https://youtu.be/3xlo1NvEdAw
    This feels like an appropriate song for today.

We watched Blade earlier and it reminded me how much I love Kris and these men.  This song always makes me smile...such a kickass cover.
    https://youtu.be/RnGJ3KJri1g
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Drank margaritas last night to celebrate the results of election will continue today! Great weather here sunny and 70 degrees..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Went from vertigo Monday night into Tuesday and then migraine starting last night and still going this morning.  A bumpy ride.  Hope you're all doing well.

brianlux said:
    Went from vertigo Monday night into Tuesday and then migraine starting last night and still going this morning.  A bumpy ride.  Hope you're all doing well.
    I hope you feel better soon, Brian. I wonder how much is related to stress. This whole election ordeal is so stressful. Hang in there. I hope the migraine goes away soon.

GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:
    I hope you feel better soon, Brian. I wonder how much is related to stress. This whole election ordeal is so stressful. Hang in there. I hope the migraine goes away soon.

Thank you GG.

Tonight, we present a short Train film in the Lounge Car for your viewing pleasure:

Uh Brian, hope it's safe here.. :fearful:   ;)
    How are you feeling lately? Hope you are ok again!

I just heard that song for the first time a few minutes ago and wtf I'm blown away