Pearl Jam Art Of Do The Evolution Hardcover . 25th Anniversary of Music Video

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Had an order placed online there. No dice!

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    demetrios said: Comix Asylum Podcast: Episode 3 - Joe Pearson talks Pearl Jam: Art of Do the Evolution
    Cool!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Mine is out for delivery right now!😁
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited October 2020
    I finished it like the day after I got it. Such compelling stuff. One thing I noticed was that the interview with the director, Kevin Altierti, seemed to contradict a lot of what the others in the book were saying. For example, at least Todd and Joe mention that Eddie came to them with the general idea for the video, all of history from beginning to end. But then Kevin seems to recall that Eddie gave them no direction at all and they had to come up with the concept themselves. I also thought that, all though he certainly seemed thrilled about the idea of working for Pearl Jam in general, he almost seemed a little annoyed with Eddie’s involvement with the creative process. 
    Post edited by RiotZact on

Happy Sunday all. I'm about 25 books into the interior sketches for the Special Editions. About 125 to go. . Here's a sketch I did for the copy going to my pal, Frank Paur. Franks a major animation talent, producer, director, storyboard artist, designer. He was the key producer on Gargoyles and a couple of seasons of the animated Spawn.
    Frank was the one who recommended me and my animation studio to Todd for doing the Do the Evolution video, so I owe him big time.
    Bombs away, Frank!

edited October 2020
    demetrios said: Frank's a major animation talent, producer, director, storyboard artist, designer. He was the key producer on Gargoyles...
    Oh!... Gargolyes!... I love them! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Here's another book sketch.

Another sketch in the Special Edition books.

• VsVs Posts: 76
    Got one for 19 Euro
    Another day, another Death Girl book sketch.

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    edited October 2020
    Damn the sketches are so cool. I figured they would just be a quick, crude pencil and inking, but he’s going all out! 
  • RiotZact said:
    Damn the sketches are so cool. I figured they would just be a quick, crude pencil and inking, but he’s going all out! 
    Yeah. Impressive. I'm happy with my 19 euro book from Amazon - but wouldn't have said no to a sketch.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/158982971331463/permalink/1045506329345785/

Some more good news on the book front. As you now know, the initial 3700 book's that went out to the retailers sold out in about a week and the book is now being reprinted. I just found out that it's been picked by the NY Times for inclusion in its upcoming holiday gift guide which will come out after Thanksgiving. So that's fantastic news and should really boost the audience numbers. Death Girl marches on!

• joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Got my copy a few days ago. Love it! It goes so much in depth as to the making of the video. Highly recommend this book!
    Death Girl is exploring and staking out new worlds.

Happy Friday everyone. Time to bring in the last of the Harvest.

• CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,034
    Just ordered a copy from Forbidden Planet comics in NYC. Check their website if you are still looking for one.

Super excited about this!
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Got a copy today, it’s wonderful!

Nature drunk and High
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 737
    edited October 2020
    Got a copy here in The Netherlands, amazing book.

Post edited by Robbert on
    This was a sketch done for a book gifted to one of the crew from the video production.

^ Well played! :wink:
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    Super excited that I received a copy today from Bull Moose. Amazon was unable to fulfill the order I placed in 2017 and I struck out at B&N. Bull Moose was a long shot since they appeared to be sold out when I ordered, but it looks like they must have gotten another shipment in.
  • My copy is out for delivery today! Super excited!
  • The typos are to be fixed for the second print. 

Should I ask if "Emil Gustavason" in the thank yous is me and should be corrected, or not.... haha
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    This one was done for Todd McFarlane's copy of the book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/158982971331463/permalink/1051761135386971/

Hi all, this is an uncertain and tense time and will be for the next week or so as all the votes are counted and tallied. let's all keep calm and civil. Don't make this deadly beauty any happier then she all ready is.

• I dig this book...even the typos are good for a laugh especially that sentence that has no end. The horn-dogging for Death Girl weirds me out a little though. "Hello Cutie"? cringe.